Page 1 of 1
beatdown
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:59 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
I bought 2 Dreamcast games, brand new and sealed.... Someone told me that a lot of DC games had bad batches and didn't play at all, or didn't play good... Is this true? What is the probability of this happening to the 2 games I have?
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:01 pm
quote : #2
i never herd that there are games that didnt play, what games you get? maybe if they did make bad games it was probably to stop pll from copying the disc... idk though

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:34 pm
quote : #3
yeah like my incoming didn't work new on both my dc's, but it did on my friends Confused
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:19 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
eh? Brand new games? sealed? Hmmm I've never heard of a brand new sealed game causing problems for people. All the brand new games I have purchased always worked. Have you tried the ones you bought yet? or are they still on their way in the mail?
Posted:
Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:22 am
quote : #5
they are still on their way in the mail
Posted:
Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:00 am
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
eh? Brand new games? sealed? Hmmm I've never heard of a brand new sealed game causing problems for people. All the brand new games I have purchased always worked. Have you tried the ones you bought yet? or are they still on their way in the mail?

remember my incoming game i got a few months back? Well here is the post http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2857&highlight=incoming
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:24 pm
quote : #7
oh yeah i forgot tottaly about my nfl 2k1, that was brand new and didnt work on my dc so i forgot about that, and never touched it since then and then got another dc and i dont work but on my cousins dc it works and there are no scratchs..

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:39 pm
quote : #8
The only "new" games that I heard of not working were the infamous botched initial printing of Midway's first Dreamcast games. Hydrothunder, Ready to Rumble Boxing, and Mortal Kombat Gold were botched due to a manufacturing plant copying error, and it caused games to freeze after booting. Once the defect was discovered, Midway quickly pulled remaining inventory and shipped new discs. They also offered an exchange program for purchasers of the affected games. The corrected printings have a, "Hot! New!" label printed on the front cover. Also, the Sega All Stars versions contained corrected discs.

I haven't heard of any other games with problems like that though. Oh, I have heard of a few games - I think Rez is one - that will not load with 3rd party memory cards in the controller. For some reason they only load correctly with an official Sega VMU or without one present at all.

How are my little crackers doing today?
beatdown
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:58 pm
quote : #9
This applies to games both brand new and used.

So will certain games work on DCs, and then you can take that game and put it in another DC and it works, and vice versa? Like certain dates, and hardware and the game won't boot? Or like modchips and such preventing stuff from working, that is brand new... or used.
Posted:
Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:51 pm
quote : #10
yeah maybe my game wont boot up b/c i have a 3rd part mem card, not like the vmu one, and i never tryed with out it in, and my cousin dont have a mem card.. ill try it out... when i hook up my DC

Posted Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:26 pm:

well i tryed it with out the mem card and it still dosnt boot, it goes to the menu screen and i go to the disc and it says... this disc is for use only on sega dreamcast...lol