Page 1 of 2
beatdown
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:09 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
Ok problems. I downloaded Half Life for DC off of suprnova.org, the only download there. I have been getting white dots on the scenery and on the textures sometimes.. Also when I'm shooting at people it lags like a small second lag. Also the load screens are frequent and slow. Another thing is sometimes when i look around I get a jagged movement sometimes and some lag. Also when I move into different rooms sometimes it lags a bit.. split second lag. This sometimes happens when I hear noises.. And when I died and went to load last saved game it glitched and froze. Anyone else having these problems or is it just me?
Posted:
Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:14 pm
quote : #2
that's the norm, man. This happens to everyone. You just have to deal with it I'm afraid. I think someone said overclocking your dreamcast might solve the problem, but I amhighly against it.
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:18 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea the game was a beta :/ so its not 100% perfect.
Posted:
Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:57 pm
quote : #4
Ohhh It's a beta? I thought it was the final version before Valve decided to scrap the game all a sudden... Well considering its a beta I think it runs great.
Posted:
Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:35 pm
quote : #5
Actually, I don't think what you're experiencing is normal. I've played through both Half-LIfe and Blue Shift, and I haven't experienced most of what you're going through. I think there's a better glitch-free copy of it out there.

Yes, the game does load frequently, and the load times are a bit long, but it's the same for the PS2 version too, which I also have. I haven't experienced any in-game freezing or texture loss such as you're describing though, and my "last save game" option works fine. There were just a couple of instances where a drop in fram rate was noticeable, and that is when there was a lot of hell breaking loose on the screen at once. Other than that, my copy is glitch-free and runs flawlessly.

I didn't download mine since I'm on dialup, so I don't have a definitive download source for you - I gave someone a couple bucks for mine. I have had good luck using emule for downloads though, so you may want to give that a try. That program seems to have a really good error checking routine in it. I have used it a bit, and I haven't had any problems so far.

I really think you could find a better copy.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:54 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
My copy doesn't have any of those problem either. It just randomly crashes sometimes when I load the next area. I haven't had any problems with my save files either. I downloaded mine from that DC halflife website that doesn't seem to be up anymore.

beatdown
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:52 pm
quote : #7
Man guys I don't know what to do, I would like a decent copy of the game.

Posted Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:48 pm:

Is it possible that there are two builds out there, the WinCE build, and the Katana build
Posted:
Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:40 pm
quote : #8
Don't give up yet. Say, Is there any way to copy it directly from an existing burned disc? If so, I can send you a copy of mine since it works well. My copy has never crashed on me.

Just let me know.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:21 pm
quote : #9
you can make an image through alcohol 120% and then send it to him through a download or via mail. just a thought
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:58 pm
quote : #10
If so Chile, would you mind posting a link to it or sending it to me as well kingofgrills?

beatdown
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:06 am
quote : #11
downloading it all over again over 56k would suck for me
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:24 pm
quote : #12
i just got my copy of Half-Life in today.
View This Topic

Game works great, except there are a lot of "LOADING" sequences and then it takes a while for the scene to load. I guess I can expect this from a CD-R, but it does get annoying after awhile. But I haven't ran into any glitches as of yet.[/b]
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:06 pm
quote : #13
That has nothing to do with it being a CD-R. Half-Life on Dreamcast was not a completely finished product. There are hitches here and there. Additionally, the Dreamcast version has multiple loading locations. It simply had to be done because of it's hardware limitations.
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:27 pm
quote : #14
lanzarlaluna wrote:
Additionally, the Dreamcast version has multiple loading locations. It simply had to be done because of it's hardware limitations.

thanks lanzarlaluna, that does make a lot of sense
unknown
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:41 pm
quote : #15
My copy I got from WonderDog (bless his heart). Mine plays practically like a final release version, VERY sparse glitches, and I can usually get through a session without an issue.

Right now, Im still paying off a certain preorder for a certain game called Halo 2: SE, but when I get the opportunity, I can send out a few copies of the game for those of you stuck with inferior copies of your own. Just don't FLOOD me with requests, as my attention span may be diverted from you. Razz
RAM: 128MB PC66 EDO
Video: MGA MIL/2GN 4MB PCI
Hard Disks: dual 4.3GB W.D.