Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
1, 2  Next
Michael
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:39 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
how is metropolis street racer online? I have it fully beaten with lots of kudos and all cars
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:47 pm
quote : #2
it really wasn't online you could download ghost races but servers are gone here is my websites list all correct if you have anyother questions on games being online:
http://www.geocities.com/joe_news_inc/Dreamcast_Magic_Newgamesdislist.html

Michael
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:49 pm
quote : #3
that site rocks
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:11 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
No its internet functionalities can still work. I need to upload an MSR time trial file but, how the game worked was it would save the ghost racer file to your VMU as a seperate file. Just because the file was uploaded to MSR's website for swap, doesn't mean it can't be uploaded and placed on the web here at onlineconsoles.

I am almost certain uploading a ghost time trial file made in the Internet area of MSR, to a website and then linking it correctly for download will do exactly what was going on at the old MSR website. Which mean's Michael we could swap ghost racer files, and start tournaments for this as well Smile The very interesting thing is in the file it shows the racer's name and stats as well when you load it in the game. Its very robust, and could be very fun to mess around with. I am planning on getting some scrap timetrial files made up and uploaded to the site for testing, i'll pm you when i do so we can verify my theory is correct.
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:42 pm
quote : #5
if it works why not post it in the current online games list Question

Michael
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:32 pm
quote : #6
hi i see your a game slave, im a astroboy, nice to meet you Very Happy
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:17 am
quote : #7
lol yes iam, its true .. and yet some how i have a high GPA (above 3.5) and a very active socail life sometimes i wonder how i do it all Question Cool

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:37 am
quote : #8
DreamcastMagic wrote:
if it works why not post it in the current online games list Question

Because.......I want to verify that it does work before jumping the gun and posting a bunch of information based purely on theory. I havn't tested anything. Only observed that it saves the file in a completly seperate individual timetrial file. This is it.

For all I know it might not work at all. I have to create some files and upload them first, then have someone download them, and then verify what indeed can be done with the game as far as internet connectivity.
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:41 am
quote : #9
Well i no http://dcog.netfirms.com/ reported it was offline and they have correct info

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:22 am
quote : #10
I really want to try that game. Are the graphics and gameplay good?

Michael
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:48 pm
quote : #11
Graphics are top knotch for a dreamcast game, the fun factor is very high, but the leaning curve is really steep. but no worrys its no where near as hard as the hard core game Ecco
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:26 pm
quote : #12
Hey, Ecco wasn't THAT hard...

Michael
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:00 pm
quote : #13
Ecco is perhaps in my opinion the hardest Dreamcast game ever made
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:48 pm
quote : #14
DreamcastMagic wrote:
Well i no http://dcog.netfirms.com/ reported it was offline and they have correct info

Well as soon as I get a file up, and someone verifies they can play the file. Then the game will once again be able to use the net to expand the games play. Bringing life back into this dc gem.

aflyingcow wrote:
I really want to try that game. Are the graphics and gameplay good?

Yes the graphics are very very good. I have been playing it a lot lately. The controls are very responsive. MSR does rely on the "kudos" system a bit too much but, the game has so many features and like a gillion different cars to earn. MSR is a game of superb quality, and is one of the best all around games for the sega dreamcast.
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:12 pm
quote : #15
I agree with nikkon i would rate the graphics on that game for its time 9.876464/10