Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
circ
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:41 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
are there always players on Q3A?? or can i be totally empty?

Thanks

CIRC

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:51 am
quote : #2
always are

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:24 am
quote : #3
Well it depends on what time u play. Quake at 8 PM german time could be a bot fight only (thx Sgrande for hosting servers and bots).
Posted:
Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:15 pm
quote : #4
thanks????I host those servers for ppl to enjoy,now if the bots bother you that much simply dont use my server.
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:13 am
quote : #5
lol yah should always be someone on there ... brazil,eu, or american ive never been on there without someone being on there.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:29 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
sgrande99 wrote:
thanks????I host those servers for ppl to enjoy,now if the bots bother you that much simply dont use my server.

Yea sgrande your servers rule man :] Seriously. You always have a ton of solid servers up for people to use. Such a huge help.

Also I personally don't think the bots are a problem since it atleast gives you something to shoot while your waiting for someone to join. People are needlessly complaining. If someone joins a bot game, the bots will drop out of the game to make room for human opponents. So bots are a bonus.

btw: sgrande do you have it setup so you can use bots without the cd being in the disc tray? In linux I think I have to have the game disc in the tray if I wanted to run bots. I can't remember if its the same for windows server as well.
Posted:
Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:37 am
quote : #7
Hey lord,

NO,I dont I use it on windows myself.I love hosting for you guys and I always will!!!I also host for xbox live a 16 player game on counter strike @ the same time plus I host.
I mean I have to put my 3 megs down/768 up to use ands it might aswell be for you guys DC4ever!!
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:44 am
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
sgrande99 wrote:
I mean I have to put my 3 megs down/768 up to use ands it might aswell be for you guys DC4ever!!

Jeeeeze no wonder your able to host so many. Sweet connection Smile
Posted:
Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:45 am
quote : #9
sgrande99 wrote:

man man man my worse engl...... YES THANKS....... it wasnt a joke! I said thx for hosting servers with bots coz its better 2 play a bot online as staying 30mins alone during waiting for a human.

Posted Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:31 pm:

:( Sgrande I tryed ur servers some mins ago and I wasnt able 2 play there. Did U banned me for saying THX????
Posted:
Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
quote : #10
no,I didnt ban you...what hapend when you tried to connect??
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:47 pm
quote : #11
When I join u server a sec later joins a new bot and the message Time Limit hits is shown -- nothing works after that.
(Example: I hit one of u servers with1 bot - a sec later joins a 2. !!! bot which wasnt shown before and time limit hits)
Posted:
Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:43 am
quote : #12
try now tell me if its better
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:44 am
quote : #13
all is fine now Razz
Posted:
Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:01 pm
quote : #14
depending on when you play will determine whether or not youll find any1 to play with. w/e GMT the eastern time USA is, there are not going to be any1 playing during the day time, say from noon till like 7 PM. youll be lucky to find maybe 3 people, and thats not all at once. at around 8 id say, things start to pick up and it stays fairly active till maybe 3 or 4 AM. now keep in mind that "fairly active" on quake 3 means maybe seeing 15 people on at once, thats a good night =/. most nights you find like 10 people on at the same time. the majority of that 10 will be brasilian players, so brush up on that portuguese my friend Smile

Sgrande, i really appreciate you having your servers up each night. in all honesty if not for your servers i probably would not play quake. take away the grandes and youre left with nothing but mods. mods are so gay imo, so thanks Sgrande for not only having the servers but keeping them on REGULAR QUAKE 3! Smile
Posted:
Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:05 pm
quote : #15
thanks and they will always be on!!!