Page 1 of 2
circ
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:22 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi

Has anyone heard of the Mclaren streering wheel for dreamcast? if so is it any good im interested in that wheel. Its because i want a steering wheel for F355 oh and also are all the steering wheels for Dreamcast work with these games

Tokyo Extreme racer 2
4X4
Crazy taxi.

Also the type of steering wheels im interested in are the ones with a shift/gear box and pedals so would this type of steering wheel work for these games.

Thanks CIRC

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:02 am
quote : #2
as far as i know the steering wheels work with all driving games as i have 3 (1 official sega and 2 mad catz) and they work on all driving games i own, and i own many, many driving games. never seen the mclaren one tho so cant really comment but i think the official one is about the best control wise, looks shit but hey its great to use.
Posted:
Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:17 am
quote : #3
You mentioned the Madcatz one is that the MC2 one with gear shift? ANYBODY else know about the Mclaren steering wheel or a good Gear/shift box steering wheel with pedals

Thanks

CIRC

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:03 pm
quote : #4
I have a pair of the Mad Catz MC2 Racing Wheels too, and they are grey and blue with cross drilled pedals, Plus, they have both short throw racing shifters and F1 style paddle shifters behind the wheel. They are very good, because they have electronic adjustment controls allowing you to tune both steering sensitivity and radius for each game. It makes a huge difference.

Make sure you don't buy Mad Catz' original wheel, because it sucks. It does not include a separate shifter or pedals, and the wheel is a semi-circle. A friend of mine has one, and it's bad.

How are my little crackers doing today?
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:47 pm
quote : #5
i have the interact whell and it works really good with f355 and test drive lemans. no shiter, but has the fi type paddles.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:02 pm
quote : #6
i have the mc 1 and 2, both have pedals and are very good, and allthough the official one doesnt allow the steering sensitivity to be tweeked i think it handles better and has better response.
Posted:
Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:19 pm
quote : #7
I want a Dreamcast racing wheel...I have one for N64, but since N64 racing games mostly don't have analog for accelerate/brake, N64 isn't the best system to have a wheel for. as for Dreamcast, though, it should say on the back of the case "steering wheel compatible" or something on the system requirements part
Posted:
Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:23 pm
quote : #8
that doesnt always help tho, the pal version of tokyo highway challenge 2 doesnt have the wheel listed but it works none the less. my advice boot up any racing game with it plugged in and try them, i think they all work with it whether they mention it or not. just like the american version of voot works with the jap twin sticks but doesnt mention them either.
Posted:
Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:53 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
Anyone who knows anything about steering wheels...

I really am looking to buy one for F355 challenge. What one is best?

And can PS2 steering wheels work on the Dreamcast using a convertor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like the buy the best and most compatible steering wheel I can buy.
Posted:
Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:59 pm
quote : #10
i have heard that ps2 steering wheels do work on dc but im starting to doubt the whole controller converter thing cos the phoenix revolution wont work on some of my really new xbox titles, are they making the games different now or is it just that the new games dont like the converter?? i also would like to know which steering wheel people think is the best over all platforms, i have a ps2-dc converter so i could get one if necessary, i have loads of racing games and have always been disapointed with the madcatz steering wheels, i end up 9 times out of 10 going back to the official dc wheel.
Posted:
Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:55 pm
quote : #11
I'd say go with the MadCatz MC2 wheel. It's the best I've found, and I own several wheels. It looks good, feels good, and the control is adjustable.

-Ex
Posted:
Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:24 pm
quote : #12
I use a Concept V4 wheel by Interact (Exclusively for Dreamcast. Note the white/egg shell color in the center). Highly recommended for its built in rumble and authentic feel.

Dreamcast ™

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:16 am
quote : #13
Ideally you want one with a clamp for playing F355 also. I know the Ferarri wheel by thrustmaster has one but I'm not sure about any of the others

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:28 am
quote : #14
Yes, the wheel I posted comes with two foam padded clamps, but you can also put it between your legs. That's what those side pieces on it are for.

Dreamcast ™

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:28 pm
quote : #15
any links to where that one is sold? whos it made buy and how much does it go for, it looks very professional, the madcatz ones seem to be very flimsy, the mc2 isnt very comfortable for me either. i like the looks of that one man.