Page 2 of 2
Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:02 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Here's one on eBay. They have a lot on there. I found this one on eBay Canada. There are a lot more on just www.ebay.com, but they're the deal where you can win it for a penny, but have to pay $30 for shipping and handling. I actually got mine for $10 at Cicuit City now too long ago, but it was just left over stuff they were trying to get rid of. You might want to check around at some local stores first.

It is a very well built steering wheel. A lot stronger/better quality than the other DC wheel by Interact, the V3. I can't remember if it was the PC version, the DC version, or both, but one/both of them was able to actually make the wheel harder to turn for added realism. It includes an ac adapter for those extra features. There is also a single VMU slot located on the top of the wheel.

Dreamcast ™

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:53 am
quote : #17
Man I totally have to look into getting one of those.
Posted:
Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:20 pm
quote : #18
Lordnikon, I can only base this recommendation on my own experience, so here it goes.

I have two sets of steering wheels, 2 Mad Catz MC2 Racing Wheels for the Dreamcast, and 2 Logitech Driving Force Wheels for the PS2. The Mad Catz MC2 wheels offer great control, style, and multiple shifting options with both F1-style paddles and a sequential sport shifter. It has a lap holder that works extremely well, and it also has suction cups on the bottom for table mounting if desired. Beyond the momentary difficulty I had in that race with you a while back, I haven't had any trouble with them whatsoever.

As an alternative, from what I have heard, the Ferrari Thrustmaster wheel is also an extremely well built wheel with true force feedback. Unfortunately, I've been searching for one, and I think they're pretty rare. I have not seen the McClaren wheel in person, but I have read a couple user reviews on it stating it wasn't that great. There's always a TON of brand new Concept 4 wheels on eBay for cheap, but I don't know how good they are.

For the PS2 side of things, the Logitech Driving Force Wheels are great. The Driving Force wheels were designed with Poliphony Digital for the release of Gran Turismo 3. They are extremely rugged, and for games that support force feedback, the driving experience is fantastic. Unfortunately, the Logitech wheels connect via the USB port, so they are incompatible with Dreamcast controller adapters. I don't know if other PS2 wheels use the traditional controller port, but that would at least need to be the case to have a shot of using it with a controller adapter.

Logitech recently released the Driving Force Pro, designed specifically for GT4, and it is a doozy, offering both F1 paddle shifters and a short throw sequential shifter, plus 900 degrees of turning radius to closer emulate a real car. That wheel is totally awesome, but unfortunately, it retails for $149.

How are my little crackers doing today?
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:31 am
quote : #19
Dreamcast tm, you've got a concept 4 wheel. can you set up ferrari challenge properly ie. change gears with shifters and accelerate/brake with foot pedals? i heard you can't use the shifters to change gears while using the foot pedals for brake/acc. how do you set up your wheel for ferrari 355?[/code][/list]

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:40 pm
quote : #20
Does anyone own the Radius Racing Pad? Although it isn't a steering wheel, I read that it has gyro in the controller which allows for 60 degree turning. So turn your controller and the car turns. Anyone tested it out? It sounds neato, although it could be less than responsive in practice.
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:18 pm
quote : #21
Funny thing you should bring this thread back up. I haven't used the radius pad, but I now have used all but one or two of the wheels ever made for Dreamcast.

I own the following:

Official Wheel
V4 Interact Wheel
Madcatz Dream Wheel
Madcatz MC2

Ones I still need:

Ferrari and there is this grey one. I forget the name of it, but it isn't a complete wheel. The top part of it is cut off so it's about 3/4 of a wheel.

Out of all of these wheels, I thought I would finally find one better than the V4, but alas, the V4 still far surpasses them all as far as comfort, design, durability, features, and above all, realism.

All of the other wheels, even the offical one just feel kind of poorly made, though, my second choice would be the one licensed by Sega.

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:04 pm
quote : #22
the mclaren F1 wheel is by far the highest quality.

The interact concept 4 (which I have), is a bit behind the F1 wheel, but it's features like the piece to sit on so you can play on yr couch, and the beefy rumble (which needs an ac adapter) really makes the choice of a wheel a toughy.

By the way, anyone know the voltage needed for the ac adapter used by the concept 4? mine didn't come with one and I"m dying to get the rumble I hear in all the reviews.

2nd mad catz one looks pretty good.

Agetec (official one) looks kinda dull.
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:21 pm
quote : #23
i got a steering wheel model number HKT-7400 it has a vmu slot on the bottom right of the wheel it has no d pad it has the f1 shifter paddles behind the wheel and a - button a + button and a b buttons and the start and it has a hookup for the peddelsi dont really like it much cause it dont have the d pad and 4x4 evo requires the d pad for the reset , the 4wdl 4wd h and 2wd selection i havent tryed it out for any other racing game yet

maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:31 am
quote : #24
kingbuzzo wrote:
the mclaren F1 wheel is by far the highest quality.

The interact concept 4 (which I have), is a bit behind the F1 wheel, but it's features like the piece to sit on so you can play on yr couch, and the beefy rumble (which needs an ac adapter) really makes the choice of a wheel a toughy.

By the way, anyone know the voltage needed for the ac adapter used by the concept 4? mine didn't come with one and I"m dying to get the rumble I hear in all the reviews.

2nd mad catz one looks pretty good.

Agetec (official one) looks kinda dull.

I'm curious about the mclaren wheel. it seems like it's well designed. what games do you play with it? how well built is it?
I have the concept 4 and Ferrari thrustmaster wheel and by far the ferrari wheel is the better one

Posted Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:38 pm:

i want to buy a steering wheel from this website:

www.videogamecompany.com

has anybody bought anything from this place? are they trustworthy like lik-sang.com?

Pingu
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:05 am
quote : #25
Would it be possible to change the dead zone of the official wheels somehow? It couldn't be as easy as changing the potentiometer right?
Posted:
Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:20 pm
quote : #26
There is a Jordan sponsored wheel for DC. Never used it so can't comment on whether it's good or not.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:50 am
quote : #27
I tested the trustmaster ferrari wheel (original made for PS2 - special red version) with the dc - the wheel works good with F335 also the rumble function and the pedals. But it seems that the adapter doesnt convert all buttons correct. So some function cant be used - like changing car view in msr. The wheel worked here only with the total control 2 adapter.