Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
doom_nerd
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:25 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Ok well i just got 500$ so im wondering if i should buy a dreamcast with a broadband adapter and quake 3 or if i should buy a panasonic Q.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:11 pm
quote : #2
stupid question young padowan, q3 all the way, and wtf is a panasonic q? get either a dc or an xbox. im playing sudeki right now, just finished fable and am loving my XBOX!!!
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:36 pm
quote : #3
panasonic q all the way! It is a limited edition gamecube JP only that features dvd, mp3, and cd playback along with the gamecube. they are no longer produced and are rare!
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:40 pm
quote : #4
lol i thought they still made it.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:17 pm
quote : #5
i think they stopped recently, correct me if im wrong Smile
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:12 am
quote : #6
so it only plays japanese games?
Posted:
Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:11 pm
quote : #7
no it plays usa and jap games

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:38 pm
quote : #8
i dont think youll find a Pq for 500. 700 is what ive seen them running for. dont get me wrong, its a sweet piece of technology, plus itll only go up in value making it one hell of a collectors item. but but 500 can buy you all 3 modern consoles, every sega home console (MS, GEN, SS, DC) and probably a few games even.

so if your a collector looking for an investment, save up some more loot and go Q all the way. but if your a gamer looking for some fun, go with the dc & the bba. cause from my calculations youll still have 380 bucks left to blow.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
hell-online
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:27 pm
quote : #9
personally if your a collecter go for the pans...uhh..whatever q, if not go for the dreamcast, i just bought my dreamcast about 2 months ago and its worked its way up to my 2nd most favorite system (xbox in first, saturn in 3rd), but the pans q thing if ya think about it, true it has more sound capiblilties on it, but you could just get a normal gamecube for like 60-100. but hey, thats just my thought

MasterChuck
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:17 pm
quote : #10
Um, I don't see why anyone would buy a Q unless you're either (a) a collector of import systems, or (b) have a huge wallet.

Gamecube ($100) + Progressive scan Sony DVD player ($150) = $250, saving you $400 roughly.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:25 pm
quote : #11
I own a Panasonic Q and it is well worth the investement. I got mine back in 2002 and since their production was ceased in January 2004, they have becoming increasingly rare to find new. Most of them sold are used units packaged up sold as mint items for the full retail price. The custom gameboy player is a must for it too if one were to get their hands on a Q. I got mine last year for $80, now it runs for $299. So you got to weigh out the scales here, DC's are very plentiful and run for about $20 a pop, which usually is pocket change for most people. But if you want a Q that runs for $400 to $550, depending on if you get it modded or not, and have the money for it, that should be the first choice. Very Happy