Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
1, 2, 3  Next
Excalibur007
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:44 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
After a lot of work and a motherload of delays, the updated XDP is ready for download. If your unfamiliar with XDP, it is a highly modified browser compilation featuring custom work by myself, Excalibur007. It contains the best stable browsers from the Dream Passport and PlanetWeb series. XDP takes these browsers and adds improved interface design, extra features, translation fixes, new user agents, and more. You can find it at Psilocybin Dreams Home.

It's a 49.9 MB download split into 10 RARs.

Updated from last release:
* Comprehensive Help Manual added.
* Newer PVR set (should be easier to view on a TV).
* New icons (both in the executable and the interface).
* Improved Tools section with fixed and added tools.
* New launch interface (now uses Generator).
* Now able to return to main launch menu from browser.
* Includes Flash internet settings adjuster for 1st ISP.
* Planetweb has new interface.
* VMU saves library from former Dreamserv & more added.
* Default XDP ICON_VMS changed (no more funky flower).
* ISAO account creation guide added.
* New sound player interface using modified winamp skin.
* Many new midis and hundreds of improved/remixed midis.
* Several new Javascript games and improved old ones.
* Many new samples for javascript and browser functions.
* Now FULLY translated (even icons contained in executable).
*** Many more that I can't think of at the moment. Wink

(Please note: XDP is not to be confused with the upcoming PSD 2.0 browser release, which is a seperate project from a variety of developers, including myself.)

Get it while it's hot! Very Happy

-Ex
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:32 am
quote : #2
cool news man, you probably remember i had problems downloading the previous version and when i got it downloaded it would only let me use the planetweb from the main menu the other 2 or 3 choices just crashed my dc i was wondering what that meant, either i burnt it wrong or burnt the wrong copy and also does the new version allow posting on forums? i used to try posting on the oc (and yes it was set to dreamcast) and it used to say message must be entered to post or something like that but i had already written it out and then the thing used to crash. anywho i look forward to downloading the new version (how ever unsure i am of how your download set up works!)
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:11 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
Ok, so the XDP standalone includes more than just the XDP browser, such as PlanetWeb, and DP and DPP and such? Also remember the PSD 2.0 preview screens, are any of them other themes available, XDP 1, 2, and three all were pretty cool. Any info? Since it was XDP i thought it just might be XDP by itself, which i like Smile

It also still includes the IRC client correct?
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:06 am
quote : #4
sorry when i said planetweb i meant that it gives you a choice of several things at the main menu and the bottom one says planetweb but i think its there version of planet web as it has xdp all over it and it is quite good to use i just thought maybe i'd burnt it wrong as the other options dont work and the planet web section tends to hang on a few things
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:05 pm
quote : #5
Excalibur007 wrote:
* ISAO account creation guide added.

interesting....

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
zensaber
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:26 pm
quote : #6
can it play runescape or view movies from newgrounds?

InternetAddict
unknown
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:15 pm
quote : #7
Can it play flash games like hentaI SIM games gangora girl etc, and can you burn them to another cd a just swap cd or do you have to get online?

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:19 pm
quote : #8
goo job man! I like it a lot more than planet web 2.0! My question is, how do you make it personalized?
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:28 pm
quote : #9
Does it work w/ DC games, like Q3 so i can play online?
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:30 am
quote : #10
it is a web browser, but yes you can use it to configure your isp info, so if that answers your question.
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:30 am
quote : #11
- Ultrapro, I don't know why you were having that problem. I've never had that problem, nor has anyone I've known... except you. Razz
If you download and burn it correctly, it should work fine.

- To answer questions about what XDP does or does not do...
Most capability issues are answered in the Help Manual. Keep in mind that it's still based on the Dream Passport core, so don't expect it to get up and make you breakfast in the morning! Laughing I've gotten complaints that it doesn't do java applets, streaming media, flash 9.0, and basicly dance the Irish jig. It's html, javascript, and flash support have the same limitations as all Dream Passport browsers, but aside from Premier, it's still the best browser currently available for the Dreamcast. If you want to do everything that a PC does, you'll have to buy a PC, but if you want to surf the web on a stable and pretty good all round browser on your Dreamcast, then XDP is for you.

- If you want to post on most forums, you need to turn Javascript "OFF" in the options menu.

- There is just one skin (which has changed a bit). As the news said, it's an updated XDP rather than PSD 2.0. There will be more skins in the PSD release.

- To customize your browser, you need to know how to extract files and compile your own image, neither of which I will go into detail about now. You can find plenty of tutorials about this around the web. You can add your own html and other content or even make you own graphic interface files. If you need help with this part, you can often find me on IRC chat "irc.foreverchat.net" "#dcchat" and I'll be happy to answer questions.

Thanks for the interest. Be sure to post feedback. Smile
-Ex
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:52 pm
quote : #12
not to be blunt or rude or anything but maybe you could explain to me HOW to download it properly as the last time i did it the download section didnt specify which files to download to get the newest version of the software. there is a list of files and i downloaded one on its own, it wouldnt burn, so i downloaded them all and tried to burn one of them and it worked but how the hell do i know which one to attempt to burn from?? and the problem was with the last version before this one, the program boots up fine then when you press start it comes to a blue screen with something like 4 big buttons to choose from, and the only one that worked was the one at the bottom which says planetweb the rest just caused my machine to freeze. hope thats a better explanation of my problem. cheers.
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:06 pm
quote : #13
How to download and extract it is all explained on the site...
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:39 pm
quote : #14
Ultrapro, download all ten files to the same folder. Then extract the first one. The others will automatically extract and you will have your image wherever you specified where to save it.
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:10 am
quote : #15
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1493

Does anyone ever actually look for things like this before asking questions like that? WTF did I write this for....