Topic: Quake 3 arena help

Page 1 of 1
Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Why cant I play some maps that i played in one player mode in the 2 player mode?Like the last level.Or others\.Is there a way?

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:42 am
quote : #2
i think only some of them were designed for online play i know you cant play on brute force online cos that was always my favourite map (BFG ANYONE!!!????) dont know why tho or how to use them im affraid.
Posted:
Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:25 pm
quote : #3
i thought i heard you can, but you have to load each map one by one or somthing? i could be wrong.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
3vilpinky
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:24 am
quote : #4
Metal Hedgehog wrote:
Why cant I play some maps that i played in one player mode in the 2 player mode?Like the last level.Or others\.Is there a way?

Guys, hes asking about maps like "camping ground (map 11)"

Metal if you notice the ones that youre not able to play in 2 player mode that you could in 1 player are the big maps. I dont kno how many right off hand there are but theres maybe 5 or so maps you can play in 1 player that you cant play in split screen multiplayer. These maps are all the biggest ones... the reason you cant play them in 2 player is because the Dreamcast cannot handle loading those huge maps and put them in split screen. Theyre simply too big and too much for the DC to handle on a split screen.

Posted Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:28 am:

ultrapro wrote:
i think only some of them were designed for online play i know you cant play on brute force online cos that was always my favourite map (BFG ANYONE!!!????) dont know why tho or how to use them im affraid.

lol Ultrapro. any map thats on Quake 3 offline can be played online as well lol. in fact just tonight i played a game online in Brute Force... i dont like the BFG tho, alot of ppl will camp this map up above where the BFG is and will keep getting it... but usually the ones who do this suck anyway so it really never matters that they have a BFG lol.
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:41 am
quote : #5
what i do is get the bfg then camp out on the corner where the heavy armour is hidden. your explanation of what maps are playable online and not was a bit unclear, how do you mean? i didnt know there were some maps from 1player that you couldnt play in 2 player i've always thought it was all maps for both modes (1p/2p) which ones are missed out of 2p?? and i know for certain that there was a very small number of maps that were playable online cos i used to scroll thru it and could never see brute force. still this was the pal servers maybe its different on ntsc.
Posted:
Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:06 am
quote : #6
ultrapro wrote:
your explanation of what maps are playable online and not was a bit unclear, how do you mean? i didnt know there were some maps from 1player that you couldnt play in 2 player i've always thought it was all maps for both modes (1p/2p) which ones are missed out of 2p?? and i know for certain that there was a very small number of maps that were playable online cos i used to scroll thru it and could never see brute force. still this was the pal servers maybe its different on ntsc.

the only thing i said about maps that are playable online is that ALL maps are playable online n i dont kno whats hard to understand about that =/ any map that you can plaay offline you can play online as well.

Yes there are a few maps that you can play in single player but cannot play in 2 player split screen. I cant remember all of them off the top of my head but Camping Grounds is 1 of them. also, Temple Of Retribution, Evil Playground, umm Hidden Fortress... and so on... you cant play these maps with a friend spli screen.

Sorry but i dont understand what you mean when you say there was a small number of maps playable online cuz youd scroll through and not see brute Force. BTW Brute Force is a cool map Cool
Posted:
Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:32 am
quote : #7
alls im saying is when i used to play online i'd sort the list of games by map and there was only ever about 8 available across all the games running at the moment. and i simply didnt follow what you said about the 2 player/ 1player bit earlier, i understand what you mean now tho. i definately never saw a full list of every map online, it was always the same ones.