Topic: about sega-parts.com

Page 1 of 1
doom_nerd
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:46 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was going to purchase a copy of quake 3 from there , im wondering if there a scam or a real store. Thats all.

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:12 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
?! could of swore I saw this question on sega.com. Anyway yes they are a store even though I wanted a repair I got a new DC from them.
Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:19 am
quote : #3
Great store. And they sponsored by sega or something, cause sgea will always turn you there. You wont get ripped off. you can go to resellerratings.com and look at their reviews for reensurance if you want

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:27 am
quote : #4
$39.99 for a copy of Quake 3?! Are you insane man?!

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:53 am
quote : #5
DaMan wrote:
?! could of swore I saw this question on sega.com. Anyway yes they are a store even though I wanted a repair I got a new DC from them.

Really? I have a broken DC that needs fixing. Do they really replace your DC with a brand new system? How much did it cost you?
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:18 pm
quote : #6
I played 20 questions with the Sega-parts guys a while back when I was having power supply trouble with a DC. Here's what I found out.

They are contracted by SEGA as the official authorized service center for SEGA consoles - not just Dreamcasts, mind you. They have many games and peripherals for sale, but unfortunately, they do not sell internal parts individually. What they will do, is repair any SEGA console for a flat fee - for the Dreamcast or Saturn, it's $55, for other systems, it's less. You can also buy a factory refurbished Dreamcast from them as well. I guess if you have a dead system you want to resurrect, they will make sure it's back to factory specifications.

How are my little crackers doing today?
DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:55 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
DaMan wrote:

Really? I have a broken DC that needs fixing. Do they really replace your DC with a brand new system? How much did it cost you?

I paid the $55.00 repair fee and about ~$20 for shipping and handling to get it to them.
DatBoyScrooge
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:34 am
quote : #8
they're straight, those are the exact people where i got my DC from. great service, but their prices are kinda high, especially on the games.
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:09 am
quote : #9
DatBoyScrooge wrote:
they're straight, those are the exact people where i got my DC from. great service, but their prices are kinda high, especially on the games.

Actually, their prices arn't really high. I mean when you really really think about the real value of a dreamcast console and the games. I'd pay 30-40 dollers for quake 3 arena brand new. Hell I bought mine for 9.99 sealed. I still scratch my head wondering how I could buy it for so cheap.

The fact that other websites and ebay are selling stuff for just INSANELY cheap prices is baffling to me. In a year or so things will be very very different. Hell, at this same point last year things were really really different.

As time goes on stock will depleat and then prices will get jacked up. Especially on rare games.

It would not suprise me if games like Border Down or Street Fighter III: Third Strike start fetching up to 150-200.

The Dreamcast scene is sorta bordering on reaching NeoGeo status as far as its hardcore following and looks to keep the system alive for a long time. This will really cause certain games to become very scarce, and there will be a demand for them.