Topic: Sega Swirl

Page 1 of 2
Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:58 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
How exactly DOES this work? I know it's run through POP3 email...but I'm still a little confused on how the gameplay exactly goes about through the email. I have the game, so if someone could explain, I could play online w. you guys. Laughing
Posted:
Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:18 pm
quote : #2
well i kno that u play like your game then it sends a email to the person ur playing against and waits on there turn ... other than that i dont kno i hope some one does tho .

Laters
Posted:
Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:28 am
quote : #3
okay ill break it down for ya, you select the amount of players right....after that you make your move in the game right, then the game will asky you to type in the email of the person your playing against, then the move/turn you did is sent over to the other player as a DAT file, then the other player you send the DAT file will be opened within the game (if they have a PC) or they will recieve the file via dreamcast, anywho the DAT file will tell the game what move you did, the player yoour playing against will perform his move and re-email you the DAT file back to you and await your next move...complicated?? well heres a brief explanation

you make a command--->>>mail it to 2nd player
2nd player makes his commens--->>mail it to you

if u wanna play me my email is codeveronicax@softhome.net
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:01 pm
quote : #4
How long does this whole process take? (like one turn)

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:18 pm
quote : #5
Well it looks af if it would take for ever, Im not sure i need to try it. Here is the offical site, look at the high score section its still every active with scores even one or two from the DC, also you can dl it there for the PC for free! http://www.segaswirl.com/

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:24 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
I guess this is likened to playing a Chess/Checkers game VIA mail? I can't see anyone finishing a game through e-mail....

Old Man: "Lessee. I'm on my 900th turn. I wish I never started this game when I was 10 years old. All the parts of my life I missed, just by playing ONE game of Sega Swirl.... Oh my aching back....."

-TheMytho

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:24 pm
quote : #7
I think the main thing about sega swirl is a lack of in game chat that would make realtime play difficult. 2 users online at the same time on a messanger program, playing sega swirl would be not that unlike a standard online turnbased game like worms world party. It would go pretty fast.

Plus sega swirl could be a game people could get into, if they were really really busy, and playing the game over turn based email would mean they could make game moves when they have time.

Very interesting to see those highscore charts still upand recently active. That rox Very Happy
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:03 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
ive wanted to play it like taht for a long time. i jsut cant get my dc e-mail to send. i always get a server busy thingy.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:27 pm
quote : #9
same here but it still send it for me ... ill investigate this next week and wrtie a piece on it. ... but im not sure maybe someone here can save me the time and give you the answer.

evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:18 am
quote : #10
this game wuld of been pefect from via user to user than email, o well, its still a game, and its still online
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:32 am
quote : #11
If you really want to play Sega Swirl online use your PC, its a free download and only a 5 min (or so) download for ppl with 56k.

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:47 pm
quote : #12
Still online eh? do lots of ppl play this?

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:07 pm
quote : #13
it seems so ... the page with high scores is full of different sn's of ppl ... and all no more then 8 days old

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:40 pm
quote : #14
evilnine ima take u up on your offer , I never could get this game to work vs a pc my email is outrunno1@gct21.net and if anyone wants to give SWIRL a try feel free to try it against me.

ps Im not going to sit and bat emails back and forth just give me a day or 2 to reply .

EDIT: My bad for whatever reason I can't send off any email files for this game.
Stan64
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:00 pm
quote : #15
I played twice over email. one time against my friend and one time against the site admin on segaswirl.com. Of course he whopped me. It took 4-6 days to finish a game. I think we actually played 2-3 times but everytime took awhile. We didn't check our email all the time.

Where can you get this for the DC though? i have only played it on PC.