Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
DCOnLine
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:16 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi,

currently, I'm governed by the thought of importing Test Drive 6 from the USA (amazon or ebay, whatever)- the basic price for the article isn't the decisive point, as you can imagine. TD6 is, according to various comments, a very mediocre game, but I liked the predecessor and so I'd like to give it a go Wink . I'm wondering what would be the cheapest way to import that game to Germany- and as I don't want to be fooled by some guys looking to make some extra cash, I decided to ask some "experienced users" (aren't you??).

I can remember the play-asia and lik-sang shipping costs and it took quite a while until the items arrived, but the fee was more than appropriate... So what option would you recommend? (speed of the delivery does not really matter).

Regards,
DCO

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:55 pm
quote : #2
well the only other places i get import games from than liksang and playasia would be amazon.com, search for the game you want and it will list the game, then you can see who is selling it the cheapest and in what condition, the sellers dispatch very fast normally and come well recommended buy feedback, pick one with a high positive feedback over someone with like 10 feedbacks. other than that i just search for dc game sellers on google.
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:01 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Test Drive 6 is a good game if you know what you're getting yourself into. Don't go in expecting Sega GT arcade-sytle, and you should be alright.

I have a complete version in pretty good shape that I got for a buck, and It wasn't a bad deal. It's definately not worth the purchase price plus importing cost, however.

Do you have any other north american games in your collection? I don't really play TD6, so maybe we could work out a trade.

DCOnLine
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:55 pm
quote : #4
I own a few NTSC Games, but right now I wouldn't trade any title in exchange for TD6. This is not due to the lack of appreciation of TD's qualities, but I'd simply like to build up a little collection with several genres. Cool

Yesterday, I tried to ascertain shipping prices fromt the US to GER by using the calculator at http://postcalc.usps.gov/default.asp?Mode=Intl_Single&CID=10137 and the cheapest possibility presented there was $ 2,40. This is probably a rather slow way to transport the game, but not very expensive- is this rate realistic??

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:40 pm
quote : #5
I was sooo excited to get Test Drive 6 after playing Test Drive: Le Mans and Test Drive: V Rally, I accidentally ordered two brand new copies of Test Drive 6 off the internet from two different sellers. I was lured in by the other Test Drive games and also that great cover art with the Viper GTS. Anyway, the games arrived a day apart from each other. When I opened the second copy, I swore and yelled, because I had already been disappointed from playing the previous copy the day before. The second copy remained sealed, and when Christmas rolled around, it made a great gift for a friend of mine.

I'm not saying don't get it, but if there are other games you also want to import from the US, you may want to consider finding those first. It's just a suggestion based on a very disappointing experience.

How are my little crackers doing today?
DCOnLine
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:10 pm
quote : #6
Ohhh well, the only actual problem is that I already ordered it via eBay. But thanks to the exchange rates the overall price including shipping is very moderate: 6,26 € Cool . I've played V-Rally 2 and Le Mans as well, but perhaps I'm a bit luckier as I am really not expecting a masterpiece Wink.