Topic: First Link-Up Experience

Page 1 of 1
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:50 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
My dragoncast link up cable came through from Lik-Sang and complete with shipping cost me a whopping £10.44. Gotta love the weak $.

Anyway, for those that love this game you simply have to experience link up. It is the most autentic arcade experience you can have at home. I know it is hard to find someone who can play F355 to even a half decent standard but if you can all the better! Luckily one of the other F355 online racers lives in the same town as me and we were having a bash at it last night.

You can use all the tracks, race one on one, with all the computer oponents or on a time-lag set up. It's just a shame not more games are compatible.

Anyone else have the 2 dreamcast/2 F355/link cable set-up?

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:40 pm
quote : #2
Type: Pal
Yeh real shame about the lack of games Sad thats the reason Ive never even thought of getting DC link cable. Link gamming is great but its just the hassle of setting it all up, in some ways its even more of a hassle than playing online. 2 consoles, 2 cooppys of the game, 2 TV's then you gota move it all, sometimes seems a lota effort just too play a game.

I got too play PSone link a few times which was very enjoyable. Wipeout 2097 and final doom were greatr fun shame I didnt get to try some of the others, Destruction derby would have been nice.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:44 pm
quote : #3
Hello LeSpank, I think I better get a cable! I did not realise you could race against someone else with computer drone cars as well!

I have two Philips monitors that could be set up nicely together for playing, a friend of mine is a good player and it should make the investment worth it!

Just wish he played online, but I cannot seem to get his DC to work with Supanet (His ISP), if anyone uses Supanet on there DC let me know!

All the best!

Kizzy

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:16 pm
quote : #4
Le Spank wrote:
My dragoncast link up cable came through from Lik-Sang and complete with shipping cost me a whopping £10.44. Gotta love the weak $.

Anyway, for those that love this game you simply have to experience link up. It is the most autentic arcade experience you can have at home. I know it is hard to find someone who can play F355 to even a half decent standard but if you can all the better! Luckily one of the other F355 online racers lives in the same town as me and we were having a bash at it last night.

You can use all the tracks, race one on one, with all the computer oponents or on a time-lag set up. It's just a shame not more games are compatible.

Anyone else have the 2 dreamcast/2 F355/link cable set-up?

I have everything I need for a link setup, including the link cable, multiple Dreamcasts, a couple copies of F355, and even two MC2 steering wheels, but sadly, I haven't tried linking them together yet. Crying or Very sad

I bought everything with the goal in mind of building a dedicated link gaming setup for both Dreamcast and PS2 in my soon-to-be-built gameroom. In reality, I don't know if I'll have the space for a dedicated setup, since there will be quite a few things in the room, but I'd love to be able to pull it off. I also have a set of Virtual On, but I can't bring myself to fork over cash for a pair of Twin Sticks. At least there are a bunch of games that use the steering wheels. Unfortunately though, I haven't found a wheel that works for both the Dreamcast and PS2, so I have two different sets. Neutral

I really need to hook it all up and give F355 a spin.

How are my little crackers doing today?