Page 2 of 3
Quake_shot
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:30 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Damn, considering the price of LCD now that would be around $500 for the entire unit. Confused

You can get the PS1 LCD on ebay for around 50 bucks. Dreamcast for about 10 bucks. you could have the whole thing made around $150.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:06 pm
quote : #17
it might take a while if dozens of people request a handheld dc.
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:32 pm
quote : #18
Chile wrote:
it might take a while if dozens of people request a handheld dc.

Yea it would. I dont know if peaple are ordering them though best luck is to try and contacted the buy your self.

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:12 pm
quote : #19
Quake_shot wrote:
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Damn, considering the price of LCD now that would be around $500 for the entire unit. Confused

You can get the PS1 LCD on ebay for around 50 bucks. Dreamcast for about 10 bucks. you could have the whole thing made around $150.

would you have to order all the stuff yourself, or would he order all of it? and does it have a vmu slot?
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:28 pm
quote : #20
limpbizkitfan943 wrote:
...and does it have a vmu slot?

No.
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:24 am
quote : #21
limpbizkitfan943 wrote:
Quake_shot wrote:
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:

would you have to order all the stuff yourself, or would he order all of it? and does it have a vmu slot?

No VMU slot as of now but for other thing you could order the parts your self "Dreamcast, LCD screen" and send them to him and he would mod everything including the shell. or you could have him all the stuff and make it but it would be cheaper to do it yourself. Any one thinking of getting it should contact him first and see how long it could take to get it done or for moding. Maybe even a price on the handheld complete.

SirSolBadguy
banned!
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:36 pm
quote : #22
Just wanna let you guys know that the official Sony psone lcd screens are selling for under $50 new. I just ordered one from amazon.com from a seller with a 4.9 out of 5 rating, sony factory sealed.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/offering/list/-/B00005QI2S/all/104-4317603-6641560

Dont expect this to last long though. I believe Sony stopped producing them, correct?

UniqueTwitch
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:52 pm
quote : #23
That machine is ingenious. That is just... awesome. I would pay $300 easily for one of those! (If I had the money) I don't really think that the lack of multiplayer is that big of a deal, and it would probably be used only for solo use anyway.

The only problem I can see is if the screen is that off color. But it still is really cool. Props to the creator. He is forever my hero. Smile
Posted:
Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:48 pm
quote : #24
limpbizkitfan943 wrote:
does it have a VMU slot? and is the color usually off like in the picture?

have you ever taken a pic of a backlit lcd screen with a digital camera b4? it happens. it's a ps1 screen and it's pretty true to the colors. just like if you hooked it up to a psone
Posted:
Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:26 pm
quote : #25
yeah, the ps1 screens are awesome. great quality and plentifull. gotta love sony.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
SirSolBadguy
banned!
Posted:
Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:39 am
quote : #26
MasterChief wrote:
yeah, the ps1 screens are awesome. great quality and plentifull. gotta love sony.

Nah you don't gatta love Sony. This screen is about the only video game related piece of hardware they did not screw up, initially.

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:51 am
quote : #27
SirSolBadguy wrote:

Nah you don't gatta love Sony. This screen is about the only video game related piece of hardware they did not screw up, initially.

yeah i hear ya. i was really refering to sony products being plentifull and cheap, down the road that is.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:56 am
quote : #28
the only problem is the lack of the vmu slot. if it had even one slot, I would buy one.
Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:02 am
quote : #29
Chile wrote:
if it was mass produced, lke on a website such as lik sang or play asia, that'd be awesome.

nice but too heavy...
Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:16 pm
quote : #30
Einhander wrote:
Assuming you own absolutely nothing, a used DC will cost anywhere from $15-$25. A new PSOne LCD screen runs around $130 for the Sony brand, with used prices being anywhere. So, assuming a new LCD screen and a used DC at maximum price,

$130 + $25 = $155 plus whatever other assorted parts he would use (the plastic case), and the labor charge for molding it and putting it all together, plus shipping your materials to him, and his finished product back to you.

While I don't know how much it would cost to make the case (whether or not he has his own vacuum molder or he gets it done elsewhere), and the required minor electrical components (sautering gear and whatnot), plus the charge for the batteries.

I'll guesstimate at around $250-$300.

The only stuff that I dislike about it are the lack (for now anyway) of a VMU slot, and the removal of the three other controller ports. Having multiplayer ability (like the second port on the Nomad or GameAxe) and a couple of VMU slots (for VMUs and a Puru Puru or Microphone) would rock.

Not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate good work when I see it. It's a killer project, and I salute the creator.

It sounds like buying a Treamcast, which is readily available, would suit your needs better. I've seen them floating around in the $300-$340 range.

How are my little crackers doing today?