Page 2 of 2
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:05 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
UT on Dreamcast is really worth it for offline. The bot A.I. in Dreamcast UT is superb! Toss in the fact that this game has 70 maps, and it really holds a ton of replay value. Also splitscreen works really well on this game. Kontact was over here a few weekends ago and we finally got in some UT splitscreen instagib CTF. It was awsome. The mutators in UT are really great. The fact that you can customize the hell out of the game, and make low-grav pulse arena domination, is just awsome.

As far as offline gameplay, UT takes the cake. Outtrigger's bots are too dumb if you use a mouse and kb, and Quake 3 Arena's bots are too cheap.

UT's bots on Dreamcast are really well done. You get a challenge, a really good challenge, and don't feel like the cpu is owning you by default.

Another thing I would like to point out, is all the exclusive maps on the DC really make the experience worthwhile. There are some really original maps on the DC. I have been playing PC UT a lot lately and it's just not the same. The DC maps are so awsome.