Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:48 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'm not saying in terms of the gameplay. Since these shooters have very different systems. (not consoles....gameplay systems)

What I mean is the rarity of the games. If Border Down comes out on DreKore series then everyone will be saved. However if not, then this game is going to be rare as a mother fucker. Every website on the internet is OUT OF STOCK. There was one last final store that had the game for 60.00, I just got my money and BAM fucking sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had been planning to buy it from them for the past few weeks just waiting to get these checks deposited. So frustrating.

I can literally say I checked all of the major online import shops and they are all out of stock.

I ended up having to fork down $85.00 USD to purchase the Border Down Limited Edition version. Which is a deal considering play-asia is currently selling the limited edition for $149.99 USD.

Seeing how limited the pressing was for this game, and how many people are fans of the game and it was the one that really sparked the flurry of shootemups to get released, this game will be getting rarer and rarer.

I really hope they do a re-press, because a lot of gamers will be left high and dry and might never see an original copy of the game.

Hell, the Limited Edition versions, which come with a soundtrack only had 3,000 copies pressed. That's it.

So I have a legit original Border Down finally on it's way. Cost me 85 smackers though :/
Posted:
Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:51 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
well it looks like the only way ill be able to get my hands on it is if i download it $85 is way out of my price range for just one game but it may depend on how much that is in £'s though
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:07 am
quote : #3
i was getting it from the same guy i got ikaruga from he had it on pre order for about £70 on ebay then i found out liksang had it on their site for about $50 which when considering they dont charge for postage is great cos it works out to £30 roughly. its a great game but way to hardcore for me, the gameplay is savage. im surpirsed its becoming hard to get i got it very easily when it came out still i guess now they've sold em all they'll start to run out quick. i thought you had it already nikon??
Posted:
Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:10 am
quote : #4
ultrapro wrote:
i was getting it from the same guy i got ikaruga from he had it on pre order for about £70 on ebay then i found out liksang had it on their site for about $50 which when considering they dont charge for postage is great cos it works out to £30 roughly. its a great game but way to hardcore for me, the gameplay is savage. im surpirsed its becoming hard to get i got it very easily when it came out still i guess now they've sold em all they'll start to run out quick. i thought you had it already nikon??

Have had backup copy, not original.
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:18 pm
quote : #5
Does the spine card that comes with Japanese games add to their value a lot ? I've got around 10 JAP games, but have only got about 2 of their spine cards, usually due to my dogs thinking they would make tasty snacks Embarassed
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:21 pm
quote : #6
Hazaki wrote:
Does the spine card that comes with Japanese games add to their value a lot ? I've got around 10 JAP games, but have only got about 2 of their spine cards, usually due to my dogs thinking they would make tasty snacks Embarassed

Well, I guess that would depend on who you were trying to sell them to. Personally, I put the spine cards inside the manual. Once again though...they are just little pieces of paper. They arn't a big deal to me personally. They don't hold any presentation value since they sit wrapped around the outside of the case. Once you open the game there is no where to really put the darn things. Which is why I stick mine in the manual. To me, it wouldn't matter. But for some finicky collectors out there, maybe it does.
Posted:
Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:48 am
quote : #7
see? i guess im the latter, those little card board spine things are quite cool and i just blue tack then to the case in a way that allows me to open the game but not ruin the spine, how sad am i??
Posted:
Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:35 am
quote : #8
ultrapro wrote:
see? i guess im the latter, those little card board spine things are quite cool and i just blue tack then to the case in a way that allows me to open the game but not ruin the spine, how sad am i??

Well I wasn't trying to imply that saving the card is bad. I was just trying to stress that, the value of a game is individual to the user. One person might not care about the spine card, and pay just as much money as someone wanting to pay that same amount for one with a spine card.

I keep my spine cards, even though I don't use them for display purposes in anyway. I just save them by slipping them into the manuals.
Posted:
Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:28 pm
quote : #9
what are japanese dc boxes like u know size wise(100th post w00t!)
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:01 am
quote : #10
s'ok i was jesting i didnt take offense to what you said nikon, i was just laughing at my self for being such a perfectionist with my games, i love the little card spines they remind me how new the games are (most i have with one i only got in the last 2 years) and i treat them like new born children. i wiped down all my games the other day, the number of scummy finger prints that show up on the spines is unbelievable. (see what i mean?) Shocked Mr. Green
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:41 pm
quote : #11
I missed this one and I feel terrible for letting it slip so easily.. The thing costs $150 (or more) now for the Limited Edition Evil or Very Mad

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:50 pm
quote : #12
Yep I just got my Limted Edition in the mail a few days ago. Very nice. Has a couble case style like shenmue. It has the manual with the regular games box art cover in one side, and then the soundtrack in the back with a soundtrack pamphlet as well. It's really really nice.

The shitty part about games becoming rare is, you don't realise they are going to get rare until they actually are. You sit and wait assuming the game will still be for sale. Then as time goes by, copies just keep on selling.

THEN...they are all gone.

I've been tracking down and buying games like crazy lately because I don't want to pay double for them down the road.

And yah know, besides some of the very few new releases, lik-sang has gone to shit as far as stocking dreamcast games. Play-asia is the only one really re-stocking games. Even some of the US titles. If they can get their hands on them. I seen them re-stock Q3 about 3 times now.

It's gonna start getting harder and harder to find some of these games, the hard part is trying to anticipate which ones will be the hardest to find, and when to grab them.
Posted:
Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:44 am
quote : #13
This game is so expensive now. If only i'd got it before. In used condition it goes for around £50 on ebay, which isn't too bad, but brand new is around £100+ Crying or Very sad

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:25 pm
quote : #14
Well, atleast I tried to warn everyone 2 years ahead of time. It would not suprise me if more DC shooters start escalating in price. Though I think Border Down will remain at #1 in terms of value. The game is not only respected as a superb shmup on the Dreamcast, but has also garnered support as one of the "greats" of all time within the shmup community. This game really did turn out to be the Radiant Silvergun of the Dreamcast.
Posted:
Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:48 pm
quote : #15
lordnikon wrote:
I'm not saying in terms of the gameplay. Since these shooters have very different systems. (not consoles....gameplay systems)

What I mean is the rarity of the games. If Border Down comes out on DreKore series then everyone will be saved. However if not, then this game is going to be rare as a mother fucker. Every website on the internet is OUT OF STOCK. There was one last final store that had the game for 60.00, I just got my money and BAM fucking sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had been planning to buy it from them for the past few weeks just waiting to get these checks deposited. So frustrating.

I can literally say I checked all of the major online import shops and they are all out of stock.

I ended up having to fork down $85.00 USD to purchase the Border Down Limited Edition version. Which is a deal considering play-asia is currently selling the limited edition for $149.99 USD.

Seeing how limited the pressing was for this game, and how many people are fans of the game and it was the one that really sparked the flurry of shootemups to get released, this game will be getting rarer and rarer.

I really hope they do a re-press, because a lot of gamers will be left high and dry and might never see an original copy of the game.

Hell, the Limited Edition versions, which come with a soundtrack only had 3,000 copies pressed. That's it.

So I have a legit original Border Down finally on it's way. Cost me 85 smackers though :/

Is it a good game? (I certainly hope so, if you payed the equivalent of $98.50 Australian. that's twice as expensive as some of the Dreamcasts on eBay these days. :p )