Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
InternetAddict
unknown
Posted:
Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:20 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I sure have, I can't even play a offline game without getting memories of online play and nearly coming to tears. And not to mention that the computer sux lol the only way to get a challenge was to go online. I take pride that in my last battle with wormy which I didn't know would be the last one, I won lol I wish they could've giving us some warning I think I missed a day or two of what could've been great worms action *doh* BTW did anyone ever firgure out who ran the server?

Posted Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:35 pm:

It's hard to believe it's been offline for almost a year damn.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:28 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
This happens to me in a lot of Dreamcast Online games. Ooga Booga and Outtrigger more than anything. Worms is another game that when I boot it up, all I can think about is online. Mainly because....thats the only time I ever played the game, which is why I sucked so bad all the time LOL. (hadn't taken the time to practice proper offline in preperation for online) But I was getting better! Cool In-fact just yesterday I booted up the game once again just to see if it was indeed offline. Yep still :/

I feel so bad too, because Wormy worked his tail off, and basically was rebulding worms world party from the ground up all by himself. He did an amazing job of bringing activity to that game too.

Maybe someday a miracle will happen and we'll either figure out what happened to wwp, or get it fixed.

One thing is, once you get passed the depression, booting up and playing these games offline reminds us of the fun times we had online. Also because of this I am always motivated to get a friend over to play me in these games to recreate the fun of playing these awsome games against another human opponent.

Next time my brother is over...we are so going to play some worms. Also I get to give him a dreamcast I fixed up for him, so I will be able too hook him up with a copy of WWP so he can play on his own time.
Posted:
Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:07 pm
quote : #3
ah nikon, at leat you got to play it online. I firckin bought for online only, and i was pissed when you guys told me it was offline. Offline is fun, but doesn't come close to a real person. Accept when its your frien and you can trah talk him to his face. Mr. Green
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:00 pm
quote : #4
Chile wrote:
. Offline is fun, but doesn't come close to a real person. Accept when its your frien and you can trah talk him to his face. Mr. Green

PREACH!
Posted:
Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:19 pm
quote : #5
Type: Pal
I get the no online blues about a lot of games, mostly BMO, AFO, Ooga booga SDO PBA and Worms. Its a real pain when the games go off for no reason but I think we wont get any prior announcements to games going offline now except maybe PSO. So I Guess in the future were in for more nasty surprises Sad .

Laters
Posted:
Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:24 pm
quote : #6
i unfortunately never played any of the american online games so i missed out big time, thats what im pissed off about, and i only played worms world party online twice before it went offline so i miss that as well. i only wish i had the oportunity to play outtrigger, unreal tourney, ooga booga and afo. i hate how late i was getting involved with dreamcast online. i didnt know the american games could be played on my pal dc until 2002 when i got afo but im pretty sure it was already gone by then.
Posted:
Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:39 pm
quote : #7
ultrapro wrote:
i unfortunately never played any of the american online games so i missed out big time, thats what im pissed off about, and i only played worms world party online twice before it went offline so i miss that as well. i only wish i had the oportunity to play outtrigger, unreal tourney, ooga booga and afo. i hate how late i was getting involved with dreamcast online. i didnt know the american games could be played on my pal dc until 2002 when i got afo but im pretty sure it was already gone by then.

Im pretty sure AFO was up in 2002, thats a fair while ago now. Problem was Seganet was originaly pay to play althought the fee wasent much it still discouraged Pal gamers. I never actualy played a lot of Seganet games til after they removed the pay to play system for the last year ish. Odd thing was some games never fitted into the seganet pay to play system even though they were seganet games. For example Bomerman online was Seganet but you never had to log into seganet to play so therefore you could play for free. If I remember correctly it even said on the BMO box that fee's applied but they didnt.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:37 am
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea BMO had originally been created to be pay for play. However they had severe complications with the BMO server and integrating the pay system. It was a real debocle. In-fact all along the BMO server itself had various issues that had to be constantly maintained. Eventually they just decided to drop the pay for play requirement and atleast get it so gamers can get online play.

Also, yes I too didn't get into Dreamcast Online until well after they had removed the pay for play requirements. I think most people here, have done this. Very few are SegaNet veterans. Anyone who did play some of the older games are lucky. Specially those who got to play games like AFO and such EU games like Toy Racer / Planet Ring. I would consider anyone who got to play Rune Jade in japan (Hudsons online RPG), extremly lucky).

To say that sega was ahead of their time, would be an understatement.
Posted:
Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:03 am
quote : #9
Man, you guys are bringing back the warm and fuzzy old memories of DC gaming. Smile Worms really is a game that gets better the more people you are going against. At least you can have 2-3 friends over and play offline multi-player. Still very fun, and the trash talking is a bonus. Remember you can create custom teams, so we had ones named after favorite football teams (Packers, Steelers) and mine was the "Gaming Gods" team. It was four worms named PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, and Dreamcast.

Good times, good times.

I should take this chance to mention that Worms 3D for the Xbox, with Xbox Live support, will be out March 2nd. Along with Worms:Forts. Maybe I'll see some of you guys on Xbox Live? The 3D will take some getting used to. I wish they had included Worms World Party as a bonus, that way even if you are just of fan the the 2D games, you have a reason to buy this new one.

AFO is probably the one game I miss the most though. Unlike WWP, it just isn't the same game without the online play. How did Sega ever get a game with eight players on dial-up to run as well as it did most of the time??? Amazing.

shuffleup
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:29 am
quote : #10
InternetAddict wrote:
I sure have, I can't even play a offline game without getting memories of online play and nearly coming to tears. And not to mention that the computer sux lol the only way to get a challenge was to go online. I take pride that in my last battle with wormy which I didn't know would be the last one, I won lol

spooky... the last game i played with wormy,i also beat him(which was rare).bazooka`ed him from a height & then
polishworm did a suicide bomb Shocked so i won Very Happy .didn`t even get to say goodnight,goodbye,gg.. because my dc crashed.this might have been the very last game..ever.. before the server went down aswell Sad (unless you usa guys were playing in the early morning gmt.).came back next day & couldn`t connect. Sad
really annoyed i didn`t start playing WWP earlier.wormy kind of recruited me from Q3A,so i only got to play WWP
for about a month,& was really enjoying it(compared to the ghost-town bbpc headache that Q3A had become.)
just when i was starting to get to a competent level..they pull the plug Mad
shuffleup / shadehead/ loneworm -definately has the WWP blues.
but it was great while it lasted.
peas to all dc worms.
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:02 am
quote : #11
shuffleup wrote:
InternetAddict wrote:
I sure have, I can't even play a offline game without getting memories of online play and nearly coming to tears. And not to mention that the computer sux lol the only way to get a challenge was to go online. I take pride that in my last battle with wormy which I didn't know would be the last one, I won lol

peas to all dc worms.

Wow you learn something new every day, I never knew worms liked peas Laughing

Laters