Topic: Resident Evil 2

Page 1 of 1
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just purchased Resident Evil 2 (Thanks Einbebop! Wink), and I had a question about the game case. For the US NTSC version, did the game come in a slim line 2-disc case similar to PSO? You know, with the hinged insert? If so, I need to pick one up somewhere. I got a screamin' deal on the game, but it has the regular single disc insert.

That should be an easy fix though. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

How are my little crackers doing today?
deadmanshand
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:52 pm
quote : #2
yup the u.s. version was a slim line just like they did for pso v2 or skies of arcadia.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:32 am
quote : #3
Cool. I found a spare 2 disc slim case, so I'm all set. Now it's just about as good as new!

Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:58 am
quote : #4
Hello friends,

I am reviving this old thread because I have a question concerning Resident Evil 2 for DC.
In the reviews I read that all the unlockables from the PS version are available in the DC version from the beginning. But when I read some walkthroughs or other hints (at gamespot for example) they all state you have to achieve certain things to get the special content.

What I suspect is that they just copied the hints for the other versions into the DC section, but I would like to know for sure. For example: do I have to complete the game to get those extra Tofu-, Hunk- and Extreme-modes? Do I have to follow the instructions to get new costumes for the characters or are those extras - like stated in the reviews - available in the DC version from the beginning?

Thanks for your help!

Arubeto

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:49 pm
quote : #5
Hmm... I'm not really sure since I never played the PS version. I'll have to pop the game in again to see if the extras you described are there right away. I kind of don't think they are there right away..

Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:12 am
quote : #6
Thanks, I appreciate that! I found out one thing: I have to get the Special Key from Brad Vickers in front of the Police Station to get access to the special costumes for the characters in the DC version as well.

But what is more interesting for me: do I really have to finish the game scenarios with A/B ranks, to get the HUNK- and TOFU-scenarios? That would be really annoying, I don't like it, when you get the best extras only when you finish a game with very good but hard to achieve scores!

If it is so, what is all the fuss about the "available-from-the-beginning" specials in the DC version anyway? What do you have in the beginning what you don't have in the PS version from the beginning?

Edit: IGN Dreamcast also states that
Quote:
If you manage to complete the game enough times with a high rank, you'll be awarded extra missions, in the form of the 4th Survivor and Tofu.

Luckily for Dreamcast owners though, you don't have to spend hours obtaining these special bonuses, as they're available from the beginning. That's not all though, as along with an art gallery, you can also play Extreme Battle.

Is that all made up? I am beginning to think that I have a pre-version of the game. Confused

Manji
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:17 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
ive actually not played the dc version of RE2, but i dont imagine those things you mentioned would be unlocked from the beginning. sure RE2 was released on multiple platforms but i think Capcom would have been doing a bad thing if they didnt give the game at least some reason to play through and better your time/grade. my gut tells me you have to unlock hunk and tofu the same way they are unlocked on the other versions.

Kannibal
rank 11
Posted:
Fri May 29, 2009 5:05 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
In the PS version, you gotta Unlock those dinky dinks....I beleive the DC version was ported from the PC version caue you don't have to unlock anything...Laughing ...well, if I remember correctly Embarassed