Page 1 of 1
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri May 08, 2009 12:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Now there must be several old threads on this, because I remember many people have had this problem. However after using the search I couldn't find anything. Basically the problem I have is after playing a game for 10 minutes or so, the dreamcast sends me back to the menu screen (play, VMU, music and settings) I am sure I have fixed this problem in the past but I can't remember at all.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks , lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Fri May 08, 2009 1:47 pm
quote : #2
try wiping up the psu's contact pins with something like WD-40, see where that gets you

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Fri May 08, 2009 10:17 pm
quote : #3
Wasn't the solution to bend some pin more back? Or straighten it forward. I've never had this problem but i remember reading a lot about it.

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Sat May 09, 2009 9:27 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
It's a pretty easy fix.

Quick link for both 110v/220v DCs (with pictures).

Good luck.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sat May 09, 2009 12:32 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Cheers Einhander, I've actually used this exact same guide in the past.

Thanks everyone, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Jaesonx5
rank 7
Posted:
Sat May 30, 2009 7:26 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
I checked some things out and have found that some of my suggestions were a little overkill in my previous posting. Te DC seemed and still seems to not need a clamp at all and did bend the pins after taking a look inside the case next to the power supply and determined how the pins/contacts were aligned whether the contacts were in front of or behind th contacts. I did, however, use a rotary tool to cut a vent intake to supply more airflow in through the left side of the upper half of the DC case as it normally sits. The hole I cut was about half an inch vertically and two inches long horizontally as opposed to the DC as it normally rests. I also hotglued to the inside of the case a screen to keep out foriegn objects from the power supply just on the inside of the air vent, don't want anything being able to get to that power supply but the air!
I did however in my reading of some topics here at OC find a mention of DC's made for store display that were installed with heatsinks by Sega to cut down on the heat as thay were no doubt left on all day. Then there was a mention by someone in the overclocking discussion I found here at OC about speaking of building a water cooling setup for the DC for overclocking by changing a crystal and overclocking would be used for
private gaming and applications but not for online gaming, of course.