Page 1 of 1
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
KIzzy, if your reading this - you got your ass handed to you! Razz

Seriously, good racing man. There were only one or two errors that spoilt the close racing. My Monza times were OK mid 1'48s but I can shave up to 2 seconds off that with a wheel Mad

See you tomorrow (Thurs 10th) if you and anybody else is on 9pm GMT

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:59 pm
quote : #2
Yes you totally thrashed me! I would like to make excuses about eating greasy sandwiches etc, but that would be sad!

Also, that is the first time I have played Sugo for months! I usually phone the Mrs and miss that race on Tues / Thurs. So I am extra crap at Sugo!

You can see how crap I have become without my steering wheel!

Thanks for the races, just imagine how much you would have beaten me by if you could actually get a quick start! lol

Cheers for turning up, shame on the others for not racing! Better get that wheel sorted! lol

Kizzy

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:40 am
quote : #3
That's what I meant to ask you... how do you get those starts. You're off in to the distance while I am wheel spinning at the line. Grr!

Kidvid711
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:39 pm
quote : #4
This game serisouly needs a chat lobby. There should be a chat lobby for this game in a certain time. When players are going to meet. We can see who's on the chat room. And wait for others if we want to. Being exactly on time doesn't work so much. You never know if your time might be 30 secs late. Last time I was luck y to find about 5 people in the game. If you guys going to play f355, lets meet in a chatroom first at the time we squduel it. To make sure that every ones ready to play at the same time. It would be more accurate this way.

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:42 pm
quote : #5
Hi Kid Vid. I appreciate you trying to join the other night. You raced Motegi I believe but then you weren't on the replay neither did you attend any of the other 5 races, which is a shame.

Having a chat room would further complicate matters as we would have to be by a computer and a Dreamcast. I have been racing Tuesday and Thursday for many months now and have no problem joining the races as it is the exact same time every week.

Hopefully you'll try again as you put in a good qualifying lap! Here's hoping anyway

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:09 pm
quote : #6
I think Le Spank is right. Being both by a PC for chat room access and also by the Dreamcast might be a pain or downright impossible for some, me included.

This may be a silly question, so I apologize in advance, but is there any way to syncronize watches? I'm not talking about anything high tech, but is there a central source on the web we can all syncronize our watches too prior to joining the races? I cannot tell you how many times I've sat staring at my clock waiting to join a race only to have lingering doubts that my clock was right on. If we all synched our watches or clocks to the same source we could help ensure that we stand a good shot of joining the same race.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or know of a standardized web based clock we could use?

How are my little crackers doing today?
Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:43 pm
quote : #7
I set a digital clock by phoning the Greenwich Mean Time Clock on 123 in Britain. I just double check the time every month, remember some cheap digital clocks lose a few seconds a week. It aint expensive, I mean 20pence a month? I suppose you all have similar in your own countries?

As i said, most cheap digitals will only lose a bit of time, I think mine loses about 10 seconds over a month, so you won't have to check every day!

Kizzy

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:00 am
quote : #8
My way of connecting at the right time is slightly more haphazard than most but it still works. Razz A bit of trial and error. When I first went on I missed a few races by going on too early/late but when I did find a race with other people I looked at my phone and the time was 21:01 (and 20secs or something)

Now, every time I play ferrari I look at my phone and if it says 01 minute past the scheduled time I just hit Semi Auto Transmission on the selection screen and I'm there. yes, it's a shit method but it works.

Kidvid711
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:46 am
quote : #9
No, the dreamcast has IRC (internet Relay Chat) we can use the dreamacast to make a chat room. We can schedule it and meet at the chat room. With this we can see how many people will attend. Then when a good amount of people attend in the time line. We can "OKAY EVERYBODY, LETS PLAY THIS GAME". I think it would be more accurate on the timing this way. Come on, someone has to agree with me. We all don't have the same exact timing here,and second I really hate how the game is set like that. Say if someone comes in maybe too early, and you see one user. That person won't play with you cause, he wants to be with the bigger croud, and somehow that person reseted, and you end up not seeing his stats. Errr. this is not working welll fo rme. But if you guys like it this way. I can't complain. I must be one out of a bunch.