Topic: Trizeal + online features

Page 1 of 1
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:58 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have just been reading on another forum that Trizeal will have an online netranking feature a-la Cosmic Smash Surprised now is this great news for dreamcast online gamers or what!? A new online enabled game for the sega machine in 2005!

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:01 am
quote : #2
Sounds good to me! I wish so many more games were up!

Kizzy

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:27 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
thats pritty damn sweet that
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:20 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I don't think the game will actually connect to the internet. Instead it will most likely feature a password system, where you input your score via a PC or other DC browser from a password you right down from within the game.

None of the new releases to have come out in the past 2 years have had a built in web browser with a homepage functionality.

It would be pretty fucking awsome if Trizeal DID have an ingame browser and allowed you to go to a website to input your rankings. However I think they are going to have a password based method.

It works the same either way, so if they do have net rankings, that will rule!
Posted:
Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:28 am
quote : #5
@Le Spank: Oh yea? Which forum was that? Laughing

I think that I'm going to participate in the online scoring this time, just for fun -- I for some reason didn't with Shikigami no Shiro II (if that was possible for Westerners, which I would imagine it was).

#457 is probably the best that I could do. Cool
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:46 pm
quote : #6
icepick wrote:
@Le Spank: Oh yea? Which forum was that? Laughing

assembler... I think it was yakumo that posted it Question Exclamation

But I don't see it being very hard for them to program a direct from the DC dial-up to submit scores. Even if it is passwords I will still give it a go Confused Crazy Jap shmup experts will no doubt mean that I can't even get on the first 20 pages of scores though!

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:56 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:

None of the new releases to have come out in the past 2 years have had a built in web browser with a homepage functionality.

For some reason I thought Puyo Pop Fever, or whatever its name is, had ingame web browser?
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:25 am
quote : #8
nope puyo dont, tis a great game though Very Happy

thats awesome news about the ranking, either way its done.
Posted:
Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:33 pm
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
I don't think the game will actually connect to the internet. Instead it will most likely feature a password system, where you input your score via a PC or other DC browser from a password you right down from within the game.

It would be pretty fucking awsome if Trizeal DID have an ingame browser and allowed you to go to a website to input your rankings. However I think they are going to have a password based method.

It works the same either way, so if they do have net rankings, that will rule!

Based on a few factors (like size of the company) I think it will use the password system ben is talking about for sure...with them having cash problems I don't think they will be interested in wasteing development time putting in a in-game browser. Its just much simpler to make a password one, those are quite popular these days with many consoles.