Topic: Banga-O

Page 1 of 2
aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:57 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just saw this at a Toys'R'Us for 59.99 unopened. Is this a good game, and is it worth the price? I heard that its rare from someone, so I dunno...

Laters.

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:04 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I would take it up to the clerk and ask them to scan it. It shouldn't be $60.

Is the game good? Well, it depends. If you know what you getting into (Old-skool Treasure Shooter, great fun Very Happy), then get it. If you don't like shooters, or having to devote time to learn the levels, then I would skip it. But you could always sell it on e-Bay....

-TheMytho

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:14 pm
quote : #3
thats way to much im know you can find that on e-bay of one of the stores listed in the links section of my site for much cheaper and new and unopened

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:19 pm
quote : #4
Order it off the internet. Standard pricing for this game on the internet is about 40.00. 59.99 from a retail store is a bit steep. Search yahoo or amazong or ebay. Can get the game for around 40.
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:32 pm
quote : #5
59.99 does seem expensive, but I'll ask the guy to be sure. You guys should check out your local toys'r'us. The one I went to had like over 50 games. It was crazy.

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:40 pm
quote : #6
Toys 'R' Us is a great place to find NEW Dreamcast games. Granted, you won't find stuff like new copies of Street Fighter III (though my TRU has Double Impact for a cool $20) and the Marvel Vs. Capcom games, but you can find a mix of common and uncommon games, with a few rares. (Gee, sounds like a pack of Magic: The Gathering cards, huh?)

-TheMytho

DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:28 am
quote : #7
yall gotta do sum research on ebay... thease are the top sellers and prices:

Shenmue II (40$ and up)
Rez (40$ and up)
Soul Caliber (20$ and up)
Mars Matrix (25$ and up)
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (25$ and up)
Power Stone 2 (25$ and up)
Project Justice: Rival Schools 2 (25$ and up)
Spiderman (20$ and up)

Bangai-O can be found for 8$ to 15$ new and unopend
unknown
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:12 am
quote : #8
i bought that game for like 10bux new and unopened, its a old school shoter of course but the game looked kinda sucky bust compared to ikaruaga, so i gave it away 2 ma gf, so in other words i dint like it, bleh!
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:38 pm
quote : #9
Man I'm really thinking about this game, but 60 seems outragous. How are the graphics and gameplay? Is it multiplayer?

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:22 pm
quote : #10
when u say toysrus is a good place to get new dc games u mean at the store or online? because i cant imagine them having these either way! this is coo
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:51 pm
quote : #11
Toysrus and their website both have DC games! Very Happy , though they're a little overpriced..

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:18 pm
quote : #12
I found it at EB when it was still new and got it for 30$. Laughing

If you get it though, be prepared to be humiliated and destroyed by the final boss. He has got to be the hardest boss ever. I still haven't beaten him. It is the uberhard. And mark my words, YOU WILL BE frustrated. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: The gameplay is insane. Imagine this: you have access to two charas, one that fires lasers that are good for small, enclosed spaces, and another that fires lock on missiles, good for large, open spaces. you can switch between them by pulling a trigger. and in a lot of situations, you have to...otherwise you die. You also have a scatter bomb, which releases a huge amount of missiles. But this is where it gets crazy: the more things on the screen, the larger the scatter bomb is. (Also, destroying things give you power for it). It can slowdown some times when the scatter bomb is released and there are 150+ enemies on the screen, but nothing that's too annoying. the graphics are alright, but definitely not the strong point. Small sprites. BEWARE though: very bad translation. It can be funny at times ( if you pause the game, you get 'Do you realy want to quit now?'), but confusing. Definitely worth 40 dollars. I don't know if it's worth 60.
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:55 am
quote : #13
OH I think i completly neglected to bring up, this game has the....WIERDEST death screen out of any game i have ever seen on a home console. When you die, it shows the boy character frolicking NAKED through path in the woods, with what looks like, Ku Klux Klan people with "DC" on their forheads, chasing after him with candle sticks or something. It is beyond disturbing.

I'll find a picture of it and post it in this thread, its so insane.
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:32 am
quote : #14
Its all about the MvC2 game over. The 'Don't give up!' song.
Man that game had some nice music..

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:22 am
quote : #15
O yea, nikon, I completely forgot about that. IT'S INSANE. Scares me. There's the message 'I must be dreaming' above it.
http://www.armchairempire.com/images/Reviews/Dreamcast/bangaio/bangaio-b.jpg

Laughing I think they changed it for the US version though...