segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi all,

Yeah, sadly ryo has died or at least half died, the main save file corrupted yesterday and that was that...however, I did make a backup not so long ago (yeah I used codbreaker, but I must stress that I have only used it for this purpose and the occassional private server visit). So, my question really is...does anybody know if there is a way to get this copied character to work online as the server uses some kind of a time stamp to prevent it, any way past it that anybody knows of?

Other than that I have two choices...start again...or attempt to re-create the character using codebreaker and the exact info from my copied save...I know that would (in some way) be cheating, but I would only be replacign what I had already earned?..what do you think?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:36 pm
quote : #2
Type: Pal
As Ive said in my pm m8 I dont think rebuilding your char with a codebreaker is in anyway cheating. Like you said your just relacing what you already had and to be honest your putting in place safe guards that were severly missed by the pso developers.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:18 pm
quote : #3
Well, you could log online, you will lose all your items but your Lv would stay in-tact. I personally think the Lv is the most important thing, and you could easily just track down your items again. While I don't realy see much wrong with repairing a damaged character via certain software, I would request people not give actual instructions on tampering with their game files on this website. Thanks all.
Posted:
Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:12 pm
quote : #4
Oh, no prob's Razz . And another important part is the time. The more time you put, the more rare weapons will be unlock. I think about 200 to 1000 hours. For you to be able to see a rare item.

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:33 am
quote : #5
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion lord, whci of course is the best solution, but it doesn't work...not for me anyway....I log on and it says that the items etc need to be reinitialized, so I press start and it saves....however, it still says the same thing every time I try to log back online....all my items were gone when I looked in offline mode, but it still won't let me online....anymore ideas on that

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Kidvid711
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:36 am
quote : #6
IT should work, It has to be the same name and everything.. Make it exactly like the charater you had . It has to say Ryo, and I'm not sure if you were a Humar or a Ramar. Everything has to be correct dude.

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 am
quote : #7
Hi kidvid,

I havent tried your suggestion because I wasn't really sure what you mean, however I did try what loednikon suggested and connected with my copied character, in then said my item etc has to be reinitialized, press start, so I did that and it saved but I still can't use the copy online.

I have already created a character which is working ok online but of course it brand new and not really what I am after...further help ideas would be greatly appreciated from all

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:54 am
quote : #8
hell all i did to backup my pso caracter was atach the pso save file to a email wille u are online with ur dc and send it to urself that way its always there to get all u have to do is go back online acces ur e mail with ur dc again and download the save

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:01 am
quote : #9
maddmaxx wrote:
hell all i did to backup my pso caracter was atach the pso save file to a email wille u are online with ur dc and send it to urself that way its always there to get all u have to do is go back online acces ur e mail with ur dc again and download the save

Are you sure that has actually worked for you? I am pretty sure its not possible to email the actual "game" save at all, which is why backing up is a bit of a run around...you can email the guild card info file, but not the game save file

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:19 am
quote : #10
thats what i did with my dude . yea u can u can do that with all 3 game saves that pso puts on ur memcard . all u have to do is log on with ur dreamcast useing pw any ver and go to ur e-mail progie in pw and compose new and add attatchment and send it to ur self . u can add all 3 to one e-mail or i per email how ever u want to do it . i can send u my e-mail with my dude in it if u dont believe me

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:12 pm
quote : #11
bad news for me, I was cleaning my VMU's and accidentaly deleted both my PSO characters, Raiden and Nimbus, guess I'll start again. Lucky the servers are down for now, I have time to rebuild.

p.s.
not really lucky Evil or Very Mad
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:29 pm
quote : #12
just fowardid my backup save all 3 files to clone to show yea it is posable to backup ur carater save threw e mail