Page Location: Home > 4x4 Evolution > Topic
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just won an auction on e-Bay for $8.99. Game looks like it is in good condition. Nice buy? Smile

Anyway...... I just need a few things cleared up...

1. Is it true you can race PC/Mac gamers?
2. Can you still make your own custom track and use it online?
3. Here's the biggie.... Can you use customized trucks online? If so, is the customization system easy to understand? (Note: I am not a huge car/truck fanatic, but I do like good racing games.)

-TheMytho

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:22 pm
quote : #2
1. Yes and from what I hear its very popular on the pc
2.DC users can't make there own custom maps, pc users can and you can race on them, very cool
3.I don't think so

I also 100% sure that iam right, im getting it in the mail right now, can't wait til i get!

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:25 pm
quote : #3
1. You can race people that use their DCs and people that use PC/Macs. The majority of people you will race will use they're computers. They will also have a huge advantage over DC users because some have user created cars (people download trucks off the internet, DC users cannot do this), and some have better graphics, and FPS.
2. You cannot create your own maps, but you can download them from direct links the host usually gives. These maps take about 10 seconds to download, and they're not saved on the VMU! There are many, MANY maps available, ranging from hopping from ice bergs to icebergs over the ocean, to freefalls off steep mountains.
3. You can customize various trucks ingame (I.E. Dakotas, Blazers). Everything is included, from engines, to tires. Its very detailed.

8.99 was a bargain, good job. Hope to see you when big games are scheduled.

Laters.

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:34 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Thanks DreamcastMagic and aflyingcow! Very Happy

How detailed is the customization? Would a non-gearhead be able to make educated decisions over which upgrade to buy?

-TheMytho

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:18 pm
quote : #5
o man I had the same problem with GT.. I really hated that ... umm im not sure I hope not

evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:37 am
quote : #6
man im buildin up my stats and cars hopefully ya all be eating my dirt dust and mud, my toyota is gonna kick sum azz
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:49 pm
quote : #7
I cannot find this game to buy and the same with the bowling game on the full list of oline games as well.

if someone finds me a site to get them both i will

Regards
ps and the demo too
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:56 pm
quote : #8
Mytho, the upgrades are pretty easy. When you go over an Item in the shop, a paragraph appears slowly at the bottom of the screen. Its extremly detailed and gives you info on what it does. Im not really a fan of racing games like this, but I felt at home with how the developers made this. Its simple, and fun.