Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:53 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
[UKR]Adam1902 wrote:
Quote:
Because there is ZERO evidence to support any claim that this would have ANY effect on getting the game back online. Which is why I repeated myself 2 times, guess I should have aimed for 1 thousand instead. You always wish I would tell you what you want to hear, rather then listen to what was actually said. You do this every time a thread like this appears. You toss the facts out the window to cling to a fairy tail. Start looking at the facts as they are. There is no current evidence at all that glitching the screen to see these menus for 2 brief seconds does anything to get the game back online. How can I be sure about this? Because there is NO EVIDENCE. It's as simple as that.

Shocked no need to get in a strop! Neutral
-.-

Quote:
You do this every time a thread like this appears. You toss the facts out the window to cling to a fairy tail

oh,

maybe i should'nt post in a thread ne more then?
i just get exited about things like this ok!?

ive never got so pissed off by postin a post in a forum, now wot u gonna do?

edit this post in ur fancy red writing!??

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Really you shouldn't have to apologize he may see it has no chance but still i don' think he runs all the stuff in the world like he thinks he does. I think once we find out if it is on the disk are not might shed a litle more light on if it has anything dealing wiht hitting a server or somehting. You got to rember even know it was people trying to get attention there was a lot of talk about this game having "servers" out there and i always wonder wtf this game. SO i really think you have no need to apologize and Nikon it may not be possible at all but everytime you say its not your giving new people here the impression well then why even look around try stuff to get it. YOur always whining the DC scen has no really good programmers here to help maybe becuse they were all shown this site becuase it is the best site on the net for info but becuase of all you negativety they leave god knows i would but i was here when you wern't such an ass.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:05 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
[UKR]Adam1902 wrote:
maybe i should'nt post in a thread ne more then?

Your choice.

[UKR]Adam1902 wrote:
i just get exited about things like this ok!?

Getting excited about something is one thing, but you let that go to your head and instead just keep driving home the issue of getting the game back online regardless of any evidence or proper research. It's frustrating when in the original post it clearly states that there is nothing to support that this has anything to do with getting the game back online, and it gets repeated yet a million times, and yet you will still come along and ask if it will get the game back online. I just recommend that you start reading through posts more clearly and taking into consideration what is being written before blindly adding a "does this mean it will get the game back online again" to every news related thread that comes along regarding any discovered information relating to Dreamcast Online.

[UKR]Adam1902 wrote:

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

You didn't break any rules in this thread. I run this site fairly and without bias. I enforce rules exactly how they are written and never over extend my authority.
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:05 pm
quote : #18
[UKR]Adam1902 wrote:

nost likely.
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:09 pm
quote : #19
Doomkiller wrote:
Really you shouldn't have to apologize he may see it has no chance but still i don' think he runs all the stuff in the world like he thinks he does.

When have I ever said this? I would love to know. It's a shame that just because I run this website that people automatically make assumptions about me with no evidence to back it up.

I started this website.
I run and continue to maintain this website.
I do research on the Dreamcast, GC, and PS2 in an effort to enhance a great online gaming community surrounding these 3 consoles.
I strive to educate people with valid unbiased information.

This is all I have ever done, and probobly will ever do. This is all I take credit for.

No more no less, and I would love to see any evidence you have that would suggest otherwise.

Doomkiller wrote:
I think once we find out if it is on the disk are not might shed a litle more light on if it has anything dealing wiht hitting a server or somehting. You got to rember even know it was people trying to get attention there was a lot of talk about this game having "servers" out there and i always wonder wtf this game.

The files are on the disc. The GUI and all menu information is all stored on the disc. As is with any online video game. Like someone already pointed out, sending this information over the internet to the Dreamcast could take forever. For instance for Quake 3 you don't have to download the GUI (graphical user interface) for the master list hehe. It just doesn't work like that, its all stored on the gamedisc itself.

Doomkiller wrote:
SO i really think you have no need to apologize and...

Doomkiller, imagine if you are running a site on ISAO research, and someone keeps posting at half of your news posts on your research, "does this mean Japanese games will be playable online again?". This is what Adam does, and has done so many many times, even when the answer to his question is in the original post. This would most definatly get to you after a while, especially if your someone like me who likes to answer peoples questions and make sure people are informed. Imagine my situation. He asks a question that was already answered in the original thread. How on earth do I properly answer his question if the info in the original thread isn't even good enough. It would be one thing if this was a one time incident...hey I re-explain things many times in many threads. I don't mind doing it, as long as I know that extra explanation is going to get the point across. However he has done this like atleast 5 or 6 times now, and I really don't know what else to say to him to have him understand the facts as they are presented. Which forced myself to comment, like I did in my above replys.

Doomkiller wrote:
Nikon it may not be possible at all but everytime you say its not your giving new people here the impression well then why even look around try stuff to get it.

Re-read the original thread. I made it a point to encourage people to do research. Here is what I said in-case you missed it:
lordnikon wrote:
The only way to prove this is if you have a PC-DC connection and can log packets of the modem. If anyone wants to do this, please do so, and upload them for anyone to check out. Once again an experienced programmer will be the only one to really decipher what is going on from logged packets. To the lamen they will just look like a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

Doomkiller wrote:
YOur always whining the DC scen has no really good programmers here to help maybe becuse they were all shown this site becuase it is the best site on the net for info but becuase of all you negativety they leave god knows i would but i was here when you wern't such an ass.

Stating facts is not being "negative". If I make a news post saying Worms World Party is no longer functioning online, how is that negative? I am just reporting information. Yea its a damn fucking shame that a game goes offline. Do you want me to just start lieing to people? Maybe I should say "who knows people, this AFO lobby glitch could very well get AFO back online!" I would just be lying to myself and everyone else that reads the thread. I have no idea if this has any bearing on AFO's online functions at all. None, Zero, Zilch, Nada. Which I clearly state in the thread above. At this website I stress doing research and confirming facts. As soon as I start giving in to pseudo science, thats when any progress at all will start to slow to a crawl and illogical methods for looking into Dreamcast games will begin. I will not push a campaign of miss-information to nurture people's hopes of having certain Dreamcast games back online.

If I make a thread, giving any false indication that AFO could get back online, and then a dedicated AFO fan sees it, and nothing comes from my claims; then I am doing a diservice to him and every other Dreamcast gamer.

As far as programmers. Once again mentioning facts is not "whining". There are a ton of mentally competant people out there working on Dreamcast related projects. I can count the number of people on my 2 hands, maybe even one, who have made major strides in dreamcast related network research in the past 2 years. Myself, the ISAO people, schthack, Excalibur007, Dan Potter I believe is working on net rankings if he ever finishes Tryptonite, Christian Berger wrote those Linux BBA drivers, DC Playa is using network drivers to access shoutcast streams...

There are very few working on anything online game server related. Let alone sacrifice the time required to seriously work on this stuff. I know a few people that have worked on Dreamcast online related things and gotten stuff working, cept they stopped entirely and do not care. Family, kids, work life ... the Dreamcast is not an issue at the moment for them. They have bigger fish to fry. It is just how the cookie crumbles, these are facts ... not whining.

Anyone with a background in programming is going to start tinkering with stuff on there own. It's just that simple. They will start looking into stuff, doing their research and then bam, out of no where they publish their findings in some way or another. Nobody announces they are going to "start coding a server" and takes everyone through the magical journey of coding it, and all of their progress. It just happens. Look at schthack's server. He spent 7 damn months working on that thing. All of a sudden, *suprise*.

The fact that I point out not many people are working on Dreamcast related network programming / reverse engineering is stating an observational fact. This is not whining, or being negative.

And what is with calling me an ass? Seriously? Do I go around calling you names, or anyone else on this website for that matter? No. In 2 years I have never used an insult against anyone I have interacted with at this site. Your out of line, and rude. Grow up.

---
It took me over an hour to write this thread alone.
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:19 pm
quote : #20
lordnikon wrote:
It took me over an hour to write this thread alone.

Shocked Good god! You have more commitment than I.
banned!
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:37 pm
quote : #21
Quote:
And what is with calling me an ass? Seriously? Do I go around calling you names, or anyone else on this website for that matter? No. In 2 years I have never used an insult against anyone I have interacted with at this site. Your out of line, and rude. Grow up.

Hey thanks i get that alot maybe becuase i could give a fuck less about what people say. Oh and writng that post was a waste of time didn't even read just when tot the bottom becuase i knew thats were you would put your comments about me. Really got kick out of it though and trust me just the way people cower at you is a sign ur being overpowering.

Also i don't spen an hour writng back to a stupid Admin. i actaully have a life. i just fuck wiht people for fun. Like you who sits behind a computer screen all day proablly jacking off to his site he spends everyday on.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:59 pm
quote : #22
Cool your jets people... ben here is a small FAQ's im sure you need (don't take offence) I pity you sometimes because you resemble a lonely duck in a pond people don't understand.

Why do ppl attack me all the time?

Look at the age range of this site for a moment. You come off as a controlling (you are, very) admin who preaches a little too much and gets under people skin because of it. For some people I think you almost embody a parent, who knows all and constantly spout facts and rules to people on your forum. You not being their parents you as a result come off as a control freak, asshole, and puppeteer all at the same time, its amazing because I don't think you try to do this. You have, and I believe sadly never will, learn the people skills and get the right balance of controlling your forum and keeping it “light” and fun to post at.

Another aspect I think is also the fact the research you do painfully crushes dreams. Your site by nature does this, it provides insightful facts into games people don't spend the time to look at and in doing so you become a target, don't kill the messenger is how the saying goes, but combined with your personality traits and the movement of how you run the forum you create a volatile environment around you. If I had taken a deeper study in physiology you would be an interesting person to look at. (read into that however you like)

Why don't people get it the first time?

Thank god both you and me are not working as tech support, im sure we would have both gone insane by now. Some people, no offence UKR Adam (I love ya m8!), are just not versed enough in computer to get some concepts. Its a combination of age and education, if they put time to learn about computers they soon learn all the basics and get the concepts. Its no fault of the person, but I do see how it would get tiring to re-teach the same lessons to someone who acts like they don’t even read the post or reply’s you send them.

I suggest replying to his questions if answered in the post with:
"Read the above post again, its in there! Mr. Green "

If not go ahead and tell him, patience is virtue for a reason ben.

Hmmm, my 2 cents… I would hope you would be mature enough simply take in what im saying, maybe you don’t think you have any problems but we all do, if your truly a good person you try to improve yourself for the better and take these generally felt criticisms to heart.

Wait, to lighten the mood ill snipe myself now…

Lets see:
I lazy in a way but also responsible, I keep a odd balance
I curse too much, not to much in anger but in my regular everyday speech, bad habit
I don’t work out enough and honestly don’t care (my abs! lol) well…until summer
Im can be kinda greedy in always wanting more, but I keep it in check, for a kid that never got a real gift for many birthdays Im quite blessed and remember this often.
…ok, I have better things to do but I think u get my point, were all human and have things to improve on..

-Peace

PS: Get back on topic!!! Interesting news, I bet loggin packets would lead to some news ...of some sort atleast, we can hope.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:04 pm
quote : #23
damn, one small post caused a SHIT LOAD of hostility.
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:21 pm
quote : #24
Doomkiller wrote:

Hey thanks i get that alot maybe becuase i could give a fuck less about what people say. Oh and writng that post was a waste of time didn't even read just when tot the bottom becuase i knew thats were you would put your comments about me.

If you didn't read the post, why would you bother responding to the post?

Doomkiller wrote:
Really got kick out of it though and trust me just the way people cower at you is a sign ur being overpowering.

...would you care to elaborate?

Doomkiller wrote:
Also i don't spen an hour writng back to a stupid Admin. i actaully have a life. i just fuck wiht people for fun. Like you who sits behind a computer screen all day proablly jacking off to his site he spends everyday on.

You know, spewing insults doesn't make you right, it makes you look like a petulant child.

Anyways, this is as far as I can get at this point before the DC reboots or freezes. I was able to get a screen further...once...but I didn't have my camera handy. I'll try again in a little bit and let you guys know of the results.
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:34 am
quote : #25
guys,
please remember...
(damnit all i love u links are broke)

ALSO, to test... u could just unplug the routing computer from its connection to wan and see if you get the screen still when the dc dials up into it. at the moment, i dont have a modem so i cant do this dc pc junk.

Last edited by frokid879 on Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:35 am
quote : #26
Doomkiller wrote:

The Rules Clearly State:
1. No Flaming or Trolling
Treat your fellow gamers with respect. Do not flame or downtalk other community members. Also flaming games or game systems is against site policy. Trolling is posting to a therad with no intention of adding valued content to the discussion, rather to just agitate gamers into an argument. It is very similar to flaming.

Repeated site violations + 2nd chances + more rules violations = ban

This is not a personal decision it is business plain and simple. An example to show people how fair I am in running this website.

To Doomkiller: This shouldn't really bother you that your banned, because you actually have a life, of course.

This is left up as a public example to those reading. People are only booted after multiple problems and I usually work with users to resolve issues. Once it gets too far, then users are removed from the website. I will not be discussing this further in public. If anyone else disagree's with my decisions, feel free to message me in PM.

- - -

DreamcastMagic wrote:
Cool your jets people... ben here is a small FAQ's im sure you need (don't take offence) I pity you sometimes because you resemble a lonely duck in a pond people don't understand.

I can't take offence to anything you say below because your not insulting me. Your bringing up points in a well thought out manner which yields a decent topic discussion without the flinging of insults. Thank's for bringing a shred of sanity to this thread.

DreamcastMagic wrote:
Why do ppl attack me all the time?
Look at the age range of this site for a moment. You come off as a controlling (you are, very) admin who preaches a little too much and gets under people skin because of it. For some people I think you almost embody a parent, who knows all and constantly spout facts and rules to people on your forum. You not being their parents you as a result come off as a control freak, asshole, and puppeteer all at the same time, its amazing because I don't think you try to do this. You have, and I believe sadly never will, learn the people skills and get the right balance of controlling your forum and keeping it “light” and fun to post at.

I realise that age range as well as people's life experience is a factor. Also its not really the fact that I am controlling, its more that, I am the user, the informer, the judge, and executioner all in one. I have even said it before, that I wish I had made 2 accounts. One phony admin account and then a user account so I could still interact with people here as just a gamer. *sigh*

One huge factor is, people don't get a chance to see what goes on behind closed doors. People just see someone get banned, and don't get to see why. I don't really believe in publically showing everyone, every site violation in some sort of hall of fame. It would be both gratification to people to see the gossip and also to those who caused the problems. They want to have themselves be the center off attention. The whole reason why they are acting that way is to gauge a reaction.

It doesn't help any that I am not around to socialize as much as chime in to send out admin notices and clean up the forum. If this is the only way people get to interface with me lately, I can see how people will just start to view me differently because of it. However am I doing anything wrong? No. Yet I understand why there would be resentment and do get that it comes with the territory.

If you guys want to get a more public opinion, talk to Tao and Lanzarlaluna. They are moderators here. And they report about 60% of the violations that happen here to me. Which I then take and decide to act upon or to let slide. If you have any questions about how fairly this site is run, please ask them. OnlineConsoles stick's to it's rules like glue, however it does so very fairly with 98% effectiveness.

DreamcastMagic wrote:
Another aspect I think is also the fact the research you do painfully crushes dreams. Your site by nature does this, it provides insightful facts into games people don't spend the time to look at and in doing so you become a target, don't kill the messenger is how the saying goes...

Man I sure hate crushing people's dreams. In many ways I am crushing my own as well. I really wish all of these games could come back online. I wish I even had the capabilities to code new servers and bring them back. Maybe someday I will have the ability to do so, or to lend that level of control to actually re-code a server for a game. However your comment here has gotten me to realise one key important thing...

I sure do a lot of informing people WHY a game is so unlikely to stay offline, and how impossible it will be to restore functions to any of the games. However I do very very very little so far to motivate and point users in the right direction if they themselves wanted to start troublshooting and working to SOMEHOW get a game back on the internet.

DreamcastMagic wrote:
Why don't people get it the first time?

Thank god both you and me are not working as tech support, im sure we would have both gone insane by now. Some people, no offence UKR Adam (I love ya m8!), are just not versed enough in computer to get some concepts. Its a combination of age and education, if they put time to learn about computers they soon learn all the basics and get the concepts. Its no fault of the person, but I do see how it would get tiring to re-teach the same lessons to someone who acts like they don’t even read the post or reply’s you send them.

I suggest replying to his questions if answered in the post with:
"Read the above post again, its in there! Mr. Green "

If not go ahead and tell him, patience is virtue for a reason ben.

Say that when you and me are in office cubicals helping old ladies find the URL bar in internet explorer Very Happy lol It only goes so far before you crack a little. While one might have the right to break out at an individual user after repeated issues, it still doesn't help the situation at all. In many ways it would be better if I just ignored the question when it gets to this point, than replying at all. Because there really is nothing I can tell the person to get them to understand what they are doing, or they wouldn't still be doing it. While my responses are not violating the rules, they can still be seen as hostile, which will result in a hostile reponse.

DreamcastMagic wrote:
PS: Get back on topic!!! Interesting news, I bet loggin packets would lead to some news ...of some sort atleast, we can hope.

Yes, PLEASE Mr. Green can we get back on topic. Here are the facts. We currently do not know why we are able to envoke a lobby shot of the game. Nobody knows at the moment. Hooking the Dreamcast up to a PC to log the packets as they are sent over the internet could provide information as to why this is happening. Anyone who has the setup to log the packets should do so, and feel free to post them. I will put them up on the site for public use, for anyone to analyze and bring proven answers forth. Or you can host them yourselves, I'm not trying to always keep stuff centralized here, just offering to host them in an accessable place, that's all.

DreamcastMagic wrote:
Wait, to lighten the mood...

I think frokid one up'd you on that one...

lolz! Laughing

- - -

P.S: To anyone down in the dumps about any new developments about Dreamcast online, 3 new major research projects will be coming forth in the next few months. And I guarantee 2 out of those 3 will yield positive information that will result in reavilry...or however you spell it. Wink Could it mean another game to be added to the list? Rolling Eyes Hmmm just have to wait and find out.
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:35 am
quote : #27
lordnikon wrote:
Could it mean another game to be added to the list?

Maby a Homebrew game that has online features?
Maby a old game coming back online?
Maby a new JP game thats going to have online?

............Continues Fantasising..................

Back on topic, Just connected and had time to move my curser over where it says Alien Lobby. Unfortunately you cant click it while it is searching for the server, then it disconnects you so there is no way to get a shot of the Alien Lobby.
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:14 am
quote : #28
dear Nikon i really aprecciate what u do on this site and apologise if i offended u by imagining what it would be like to play alien front
really its really cool what u do for us and i hope that the guy's commments didnt upset u too much
remember that its because of u that there is some online activity and that something is better than nothing
once again thanks nikon and i hope that many others fell as i do Laughing

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:30 pm
quote : #29
lordnikon wrote:
P.S: To anyone down in the dumps about any new developments about Dreamcast online, 3 new major research projects will be coming forth in the next few months. And I guarantee 2 out of those 3 will yield positive information that will result in reavilry...or however you spell it. Wink Could it mean another game to be added to the list? Rolling Eyes Hmmm just have to wait and find out.

Does this involve you or other entrapaneurs?
rank 17
Posted:
Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:17 am
quote : #30
hey, i think there should be AFO lobby pics in the screenys section!

Adam.

and, doomkiller, how can u insult someone like that?
after they spend so much time doing work for u and everyone else?

some people r such dumb fuks..............