rank 12
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:23 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I would love to hear from anyone that has played either of these games:

Gundam Battle Online
Federation vs. Zeon DX

I wish I got to play these when they were up, even if they were bad games, I'm a Gundam freak like that!

so if there are any people here that have played either of these games, I would love to hear from you, if it was exciting at all, or just long boring waits and how were the graphics online in FvZ, was BO turn based, did it capture any of the action from the anime? I haven't even opened my copy of BO because I don't know if I can even play it since I can't go online.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:03 am
quote : #2
well i own gundam battle online but never got to play it online. the offline mode is pretty dull, its just a strange kind of point and click slash mech beat em up, i dont know if anyone can explain it better than that but its not great.
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:30 am
quote : #3
ive heard that gundam battle online is not that great.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:30 pm
quote : #4
I have Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From the Ashes, Federation Vs. Zeon Dx, and Gundam Battle Online. If you're a Gundam fan, or a fan of the gigantic fighting robot genre in general, then Side Story and Federation Vs. Zeon DX are must have titles. Federation Vs. Zeon Dx is a NAOMI port of the Capcom developed arcade game, and it's one of the best looking (and playing) games on the Dreamcast. Gundam Side Story is also a gorgeous looking game, and it's a mission-based game played from the 1st person perspective, with you seated in the cockpit. Both are worth adding to the collection.

I would advise steering clear of Gundam Battle Online though. It's pretty useless.

If you plug "Gundam" into the search feature of this website, you should find quite a bit on this topic.

How are my little crackers doing today?
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:50 pm
quote : #5
and if your a big fan of the huge robot genre but dont mind a bit of a difference then i suggest trying tech romancer (capcom beat em up) and frame gride (from softwares dreamcast version of armored core basically) both wonderful games with lots to do and great graphics. i own the same 3 dreamcast gundam games as kingofgrills and the zeon one is about the best, side story is a bit odd but not bad either.
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:00 pm
quote : #6
I used to have Rise from the Ashes, now I have it again, but the Jap. version. Anyone here have the promotional disk for Rise from the Ashes, it features you fighting the Mechs frorm the original series in the exact same format as the Rise frorm Ashes game. I also have Battle Online, but haven't bothered opening it since I wasn't sure I could play it online. From what I read about online it seems to be a turn based strategy game, is that correct? Is it dull to even the fans? Fanservice games tend to have a very small niche that can have fun with it, I think I might fit that niche. can anyone confiirm if Battle Online is capable of link cable play, or if it defiinately requires a server and can't be played through direct dail?

Those who have FvZ DX, can you compare it to the PS2 version of FvZ? Which is better? How many players can play online in FvZ DX? I don't have tthe FvZ DX, I have FvZ only on PS2.

Does anyone OWN and have PLAYED Battle Online, can you play single player games vs. comp? Can you play with more than one player off of a single DC? So thats a 'no' to the link cable?

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:42 pm
quote : #7
as far as i know the only games that support link cable are already listed. yes you can play it in 1 player offline but its not very good. you direct 3 ships across a map and have to watch fairly dull battles when an enemy encounter happens. its not that good but it is pretty strategic.
Posted:
Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:14 pm
quote : #8
guess I'm going to have to break the seal and open up the sucker, and then I will be able to tell you if it even provides fan service, or is a complet miss. You wouldn't happen know english instructions for controls/commands for it?