Topic: nIGHTs

Page 1 of 1
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:10 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
is there a port of this r a saturn emulator 4 the dreamcast? this game looks sweet, but when the saturn was out i was too buzy playing duke nukem to notice Rolling Eyes Embarassed
rank 18
Posted:
Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:47 pm
quote : #2
There is one, but its verry early in dev. All it does now is show the saturn bios. Go search the DCEmulation forums for it.
rank 12
Posted:
Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:02 pm
quote : #3
pick up a sega saturn on ebay, its not expensive. the first 2 panzer dragoon games aren't expensive and easy to find also, but you can get that experience on the xbox in Panzer Dragoon Orta, which includes the original Panzer Dragoon as an unlockable. Panzer Dragoon Saga is very expensive and not that easy to find (not easy to find it in the same quantity as the others). I picked my copy for around $150. Its actually a RPG. Some say one of the best RPGs, I don't know about that, but I really like this game, I would love to play a more polished version, but because Orta didn't sell well a new Saga wont be made. It would have been absolutly awesome for a polished up game that played like Saga but was larger and had more stuff to do, a real disapointment. You can pick up orta for about $10

There is nothing quite like playing software on the device it was actually intended for.
PS2: Resident Evil: Directors Cut (PS1)
3DO: Wing Commander III
Xbox: Steel Battalion
What's In Your System?
charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:16 pm
quote : #4
yeah sega satiurn was like my 2 games console i bought
i found it the other day in ebay really cheap like 5£ and I bought nights recently finished it
for 12 £
hope it helps

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:22 am
quote : #5
isn't nights really $$$costly$$$ tho? i can't pay over 60 dollars for a game.
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:35 pm
quote : #6
Type: PAL
i got my copy of nights for like £20 quid when i got it in 2003
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:42 pm
quote : #7
Indeed; I've seen NiGHTS around $10 new, sometimes bundled with the official Saturn analog controller. It might be a little less common now, but, it's not anywhere near $60.

PS- The European artwork is rad! I think that I like it more than both the US and Japanese versions, but, the US does bring back fond memories.
charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:19 pm
quote : #8
hey thats the version of nights i own but i must say cos the outer box sleeve is made of paper so it had better days
u right the images are kind of good

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:05 pm
quote : #9
Type: PAL
ui realy want christmas nights but ive heard its only a demo does ne one know if this is true?
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:21 pm
quote : #10
Yea; It was a promotional-type thing. Definitely worth having if you like NiGHTS, though. If it was a full game, it'd kinda be like "NiGHTS 1.5" since various aspects are updated (and that over-the-top calendar-unlock feature is so great!). By the way; During the non-winter months, it turns into "NiGHTS: Limited Edition." I should play it up until the first day of spring, this year. Mr. Green

I know that it's easy for me to say, but, all games should have date/holiday-based "Easter eggs." I understand how much work it is, though.
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:20 pm
quote : #11
I own NiGHTS, its a real trip of a game. Definately a game that is for a specific era. I got my verion mint w/ 3D controller for 12USD. The Christmas NiGHTS is the expensive one. Goes for around 40USD. That one is a must have. The original NiGHTS has 7 levels, the promotional one, aka demo, aka sample one of Christmas NiGHTS has 4, could be wrong, correct me if you know better. It has been described as what NiGHTS was supposed to be, if they were given more time. One of the easter eggs in that one is you can play as Sonic and fight Robotnick.

There is a demo for normal NiGHTS, there is a standard large jewl case version, there is one that is boxed w/ the 3D controller, and that jewl case is the size of a regular CD case. The US version of Christmas NiGHTS was just in a paper sleave, the Jap. version comes in a regular CD Jewel case. Language is really irrelivent in this game, so I plan on getting the Jap version, I like to stack my games in CD racks, and those damn US saturn games and Sega CD games give me such grief.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:21 pm
quote : #12
icepick wrote:
I know that it's easy for me to say, but, all games should have date/holiday-based "Easter eggs." I understand how much work it is, though.

That was the one and only thing, besides the graphics maybe, that I loved about ready 2 rumble: round 2. i dunno about round one, but plenty, and i mean plenty of holiday's unlocked special holiday character costumes for a specific character. seaman also has this, where seaman will make a comment about a holiday, usually with plenty of humor. i love seaman...hehe.