Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
1, 2  Next
meseta
unknown
Posted:
Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:37 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I'm shocked, really, that this has not been mentioned at this site yet, of all places!

Trizeal, slated for an April 05 DC release, will feature generous additions for an arcade port, especially one to the DC - including not only a bonus mini game but also:

INTERNET RANKING!

A DC release in 2005 using net ranking! Simply unbelievable. This feature has not been used - the Dc's modem has not been used in games, not even for website links - for literally YEARS. Triangle Service are indeed true DC fans.

This calls for a celebration! And nikon- give this a news post! A net-enabled DC game in 2005 more then deserves it on this site!!! =)

EDIT : I see thsi HAS been mentioned, but DCM and nikon are mistaken. Accordign to the Japanese news about the game I have read, the ranking feature will be in game-accessible, NOT a password system.

And in any case, I would think this would merit a news post at the least.
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:13 am
quote : #2
Really? Fantastic! Its great that they are using the DC's features...

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:19 am
quote : #3
not to be the bad guy but we already have about 4 threads about this game while it is very important to the dc community i dont think people are gonna be able to miss/not hear about this title, i cant wait personally, but more importantly if this sells well i cant wait for triangles next game project lamda, which looks like a cross between panzer dragoon and rez.
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:42 am
quote : #4
Yep it's awesome, Triangle Services put out sort of a cvry for help thing on their website, it's in english too. Apparently the game sold horribly in arcades and if it doesn't sell well on dc they wont be able to amke anymore games. that's be a treal shame considering how much of a deal this onlne ranking is to the online community

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:55 am
quote : #5
Type: Pal
I'll buy a copy of the game if anyone thinks that good sells may lead to a future game with online play?, what ya think?. Online rankings dont mean a lot to me its full online play I crave for but I spose anything is better than nothing.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:36 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Chris5687 wrote:
Yep it's awesome, Triangle Services put out sort of a cvry for help thing on their website, it's in english too. Apparently the game sold horribly in arcades and if it doesn't sell well on dc they wont be able to amke anymore games. that's be a treal shame considering how much of a deal this onlne ranking is to the online community

Well, is the quality of the game questionable? Online features mean nothing to me if the game is of middling/low quality. That's likened to saying you enjoy eating a turd sandwich because it has bread on it. Confused

Sorry for being so pungent, but my money is important to me. I cannot bear to spend $50+ on a game when I have little-to-no inkling on the design.

-Mytho

braze2032
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:26 pm
quote : #7
Well, after seeing a few videos of TRIZEAL in action, it looks like it'll be a fun game. I guess it all depends on whether or not you enjoy old school shooters. You can check the video(s) out here: http://www.triangleservice.co.jp/html/trizeal/dc/index.html.

Here's what Yakumo says about the whole SOS message:
Quote:
He didn't say the game is crap, he said that it didn't sell well. Now you won't know because you don't live in Japan but the shooting scene in the arcades here is a fierce one. You game must be the top of the crop to be even considered. Now Trizeal isn't a patch on the new Gigawing or many of the other new shooters but it is good in a retro fashion. It's not total crap like his English makes it out to be. I say help the poor buggers out and buy this Dreamcast game. After all, they could have released it on the PS2 or Game Cube and left us DC owners with nothing at all. A decent game is better than no game.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:26 pm
quote : #8
Type: PAL
i do thuink this game game could turn out to be a classic after seeuing the vids
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:57 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U
meh but im still gonna buy it. i skipped out on chaos field. but i want their other project to be released, and its good to keep buying these games. who knew we would be gettin so many DC realeased in 05. Ive got alot of preorders to set this year.

keiblerfan69
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:29 pm
quote : #10
this is really good news. it looks like an updated version of like galaga. can wait to buy it. but from where? where will we be able to pic up a copy?

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:51 pm
quote : #11
the game is loking hot !
is it going to be pal as well cos i wouldnt mind buying it .
more info please

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:11 pm
quote : #12
Type: PAL
i think its jp only but all u need to get is a boot disk then u can play it on ur dc
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:27 pm
quote : #13
Type: NTSC-U/C
meseta wrote:
I'm shocked, really, that this has not been mentioned at this site yet, of all places!

It has been discussed in many threads already including myself who started the first topics of its release. Hasn't been posted in the news yet because, I have been working on coding non-stop since last sunday on a site revamp for the pc users templates. All 3 areas of OC have had delays in news posts. It will be post on the front page shortly.

meseta wrote:
EDIT : I see thsi HAS been mentioned, but DCM and nikon are mistaken. Accordign to the Japanese news about the game I have read, the ranking feature will be in game-accessible, NOT a password system.

Awsome, a link to prove this would be great. Not that I don't believe you, just looking for a link to clarrify it. So far I have not actually seen a official page saying the game will have internet rankings. So far only the translation at dc-scene says it will. And it doesn't make any word on whether the game itself will connect to a password server, or it will use a password code and a website, or uploading your save into a cgi / php script.

Chris5687 wrote:

Yea, in a previous thread, I already meantioned, internet rankings or not I will be promoting trizeal on the website and doing whatever I can to spread the word. My usual rule is, to stick to online no matter what. But all of this transcends that, and Trizeal deserves to sell well and people deserve to hear about it, buy it and play it. I am a huge shootemup fan, and it want to promote this game, not just to secure hopes of another release but to give back to someone who has poured his heart and soul into something sacrificing his financial situation to do so. Heh, I can relate with him completly Smile

meseta wrote:
Well, after seeing a few videos of TRIZEAL in action, it looks like it'll be a fun game. I guess it all depends on whether or not you enjoy old school shooters. You can check the video(s) out here: http://www.triangleservice.co.jp/html/trizeal/dc/index.html.

Yea, Trizeal is more oldschool in nature, it doesn't have a crazy system in mind like Ikaruga, Gradius, or Border Down. It's play style is similar to Silpheed: The Lost Planet. Which was co-developed by GameArts and Treasure, and released on the Playstation 2 (which is a great game btw). Trizeal will be a solid shootemup plain and simple. I advise anyone to check out the movies.
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:56 pm
quote : #14
Quote:

this confused me as well, i thought we had been speaking about this game and many other possible dc releases this year in at least 4 different threads, i even replied saying that yes it had been mentioned several times and was big news and that most if not all the major dc fans out there will/should support this company to help make more games by them possible. its a win win situation realy, we get a new game with online (we hope) features, they get revenue giving them the ability to carry on making games on the dc.
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:17 pm
quote : #15
Ultrapro, instead of repeatedly repeating that you are sonfused and shocked yourself by my post, try reading it. I put an edit very clearly in there to show that yes, I was mistaken, it HAD been mentioned on the site already.

Nikon, I will try to find the article from the Japanese gaming site asap. i rememebr it wasn't a site I have bookmarked so may take some searching.

[edited by admin: cleaning up a flame fest]
it has alos been translated and mentioned by Yakumo elsewhere, and I confir m myselfhaving read the annoucement that Traingle Service does mention net ranking (though not whether it si through the DC or password system).

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:27 pm:

Edit : Well., wow. I just read the SOS message. I think the developer deserves some very strong support from the DC community. That SOS alone has upped my preorder of the game to 2 copies., and though I do not have a PS2, I've just bought XIIStag as well jist to suppor t them.

At the very least, if you can't buy the game, or won't, do at least email them with thanks.

All the best, Trinagle Service!