Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:31 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i recently buyed it but cant work out how to play off line . It takes me online and then it says the server is
being under maintenance.anyone knows how to play it offline so that i can see what the game is about as im really curious
thanks

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:36 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Planet Ring was online-only, so your outta luck.

My advice would be to somehow acquire a refund.

-Mytho

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:38 pm
quote : #3
charmed_699 wrote:
i recently buyed it but cant work out how to play off line . It takes me online and then it says the server is
being under maintenance.anyone knows how to play it offline so that i can see what the game is about as im really curious
thanks

you could keep it as a part of your collection.
banned!
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:57 pm
quote : #4
That would be cool is someone could tunnel, or better yet allow ppl to use the DS link cable and play this game...

This game was online for such a short amount of time...its a shame they closed it because of their bad server coding Laughing

Thats kinda what happened with AFO, another voice chat enabled game, maybe on im to something ... because I remember the whole thing when the server went down and they are both seem similar... Maybe this is just another reason PPA wasn't released...

Maybe ill stop watching Xfiles late at night too Laughing

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:27 am
quote : #5
Type: Pal
DreamcastMagic wrote:
That would be cool is someone could tunnel, or better yet allow ppl to use the DS link cable and play this game...

This game was online for such a short amount of time...its a shame they closed it because of their bad server coding Laughing

Thats kinda what happened with AFO, another voice chat enabled game, maybe on im to something ... because I remember the whole thing when the server went down and they are both seem similar... Maybe this is just another reason PPA wasn't released...

Maybe ill stop watching Xfiles late at night too Laughing

I dont recall how long this game was up but it wasent an incredibly short amount of time. Was up for quite a while my Mrs played hundreds of hours of it and came back to it well after PSO had been released in the Pal area. It was also online after Pal Chu chu and Toy racer went down.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:32 am
quote : #6
Really? wow...
Based on what ppl said I was thinking it was online for a few months (not even half a year)...

I wish i could have imported it in time to play it... always sounded like a fun game...

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:14 am
quote : #7
oh well at least i didnt pay that much only £ 3 and it looks pretty so maybe someday there wil be a miracle and
everything will be as it was Laughing

Posted Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:58 pm:

hey guys i emailed sega of europe and i actually got a really funny and sympathetic message here it is

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately there is no way of playing Planet Ring offline and there are no
plans to bring back online game servers for the Dreamcast as we are now
concentrating on the production of software for other platforms.

We hope that information is of use to you.

Best regards

Product Support
SEGA Europe
www.sega.co.uk

guess it doesnt hurt to always try them Laughing