Page 1 of 1
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:20 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
questions on imports:
here are the games i've heard good stuff about and look like they might be import friendly,
shenmue II...duh
ikaruga...
headhunter
rez
cosmic smash
puyo puyo fever
all these games i know to be import friendly, however, is frame gride a good game to pick up if you don't know a bit of japanese? same for space channel 5 pt 2? and finally, what the hell is lack of love, i've read about it and still don't understand nething, is it import friendly and is it negood?last question, after ikaruga is it worth it getting the newer shmups? tnx in advance
rank 30
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:45 pm
quote : #2
Get the pal version of shenmue II so it will be in English
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:14 am
quote : #3
shenmue II --- yes, get the PAL version that was released in Europe. You will be able to understand everything. I gather there is even a way of using your save file from the NTSC version of Shenmue1 but I wouldn't know as I have PAL Shenmue & ShenmueII

ikaruga --- only released in Japan but all the menus are in English. You will not be able to understand the story but that will have no bearing on the gameplay. Alternatively pick up the gamecube version if you have one as that was released in Europe, America and Japan.

headhunter --- same as ShenmueII. Get the PAL version.

rez --- get the PAL version

cosmic smash - same as Ikaruga. All menus in english. The only prob is the manual, which decribes how to pull off the moves. After a while you'll be able to guess them all anyway.

puyo puyo fever - Has an english language option (or so i'm told) My copy of this is still in the post from play-asia Evil or Very Mad

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:26 am
quote : #4
frame gride is definately worth the importing, it has some truly amazing graphics and the controls are very good. its easy to play you just need to go to gamefaqs and print of the walkthrus they have cos some of the menu options are difficult to navigate at first, but once you know what your doing it will become one of your favourites. i got it for £8 in my local computer exchange in the uk and it was wonderful. there are some questions in japanese at the start that you have to answer but its simply your choices of parts to start of with for your frame, there are no wrong answers thru that bit.
Posted:
Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:22 am
quote : #5
thnx ultra 4 the info on frame gride Cool nething on space channel 5 pt 2? no one here own's it?

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:20 am:

i've found a place where rez is being sold cheap, but its the japanese version. are there any huge language barriers here i should look out for...its being sold for 40bucks and that's with shipping included Shocked
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:35 pm
quote : #6
Woo hoo!

I just purchased a like new PAL copy of Headhunter for just 7 pounds! With shipping to the US from the UK, my total price was just 9.50 pounds ($18.59 as of today). I've been looking around for quite a while for a nice copy of this game, and I just lost out on an eBay auction with a losing bid of $25.50 before shipping.

The store I purchased it from, Insert Game, says they have another copy still in stock. They also have Shenmue II, but the price is steeper at 26 pounds. In case anyone is interested, they have a nice Dreamcast collection, accept Paypal, and ship to the states. Here's their website: http://www.insertgame.co.uk/old_blue.html

I CANNOT WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE! Very Happy

How are my little crackers doing today?
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:14 pm
quote : #7
its one of my favourite titles. did it not come out in the us then? wow thats cool, for us i mean, obviously not for you's guys Mr. Green ahem Rolling Eyes anyway i love that game, i completed once and am currently playing thru it again, truly awesome game, reminds me a bit of gta as in his biking around the cities and stuff.
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:13 pm
quote : #8
Nah, it didn't come out in the US. As far as I know, Headhunter didn't come out in Japan either and was only released in Europe. I have a backup that I've tried out, and I really like that, so I decided to track it down to go through all the way. It's funny you mention the motorcycle portion. If you ask me, that section of the game is hands down better than any motorcycle game on the Dreamcast.

The sequel, Headhunter: Redemption, was released in the US on PS2 and XBox, I think. I have the PS2 version of that game on the way too!

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:18 pm
quote : #9
well i have redemption on xbox and it really aint that great, its good but it feels really re used and redone, with no motorcycle driving or training and hardly any jack wade, that and the way he moves isnt as awesome to control anymore. imo anyway.
Posted:
Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:43 pm
quote : #10
No motorbikes and not much Jack Wade??? Perhaps they should have called it Headhunter: Lite? Neutral

Oh well, when it comes I'm going to play the crap out of it anyway.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:58 pm
quote : #11
dont get me wrong its quite good, its just not as good as the original. i think the graphics arent as nice and jack moves really stiffly now. i used to love the controls of head hunter but they have changed them. it is VERY repetitive. headhunter wasnt the longest game in the world, or at least the levels didnt make it seem long but redemption is so samey throught out and the stealth kills dont work very well anymore, if at all. theres always too many enemies in each area which forces you to resort to a gun fest. anyway its quite enjoyable if you like headhunter just dont expect it to have improved much.