Page 1 of 1
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
Ok correct me if Im wrong but I should only see the DC time and date screen when I switch on for one of the followeing reasons. Brand new DC never been switched on. I deliberatly reset my internal memory. Dead battery.

Any other reasons please let me know.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:44 pm
quote : #2
it will ask you to set the date and time again if the machine has been off for an extended period of time, other than that im not sure.
Posted:
Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:14 pm
quote : #3
i unplugged it once moving stuff around the house and it asked me for time and date again. however, the second time i unplugged it it didn't happen. w/e crazy stuff. Razz
rank 28
Posted:
Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:16 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
My new DC has been doing that Mad it would reset if I left it alone for a day Evil or Very Mad Fortunately since i've back on pso Its been turned on at least once a day Smile Still I don't know whats going to happen if I skip a day Confused Confused Confused Confused
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:43 pm
quote : #5
Why does it ask for the time and date? I already had it entered...

A: If you unplug you Dreamcast for extended periods of time the battery in your Dreamcast that saves that info will die (its suppose to last a month but over time they will wear out and not last at all). After 1 hour of gameplay (assuming the battery is still working, as Li's wear out) the battery will be fully charged and last a month.

So do I lose my ISP info too?!

A: No, you ISP info is saved permainity and requires no power source.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:09 am
quote : #6
thanx for the info! nice q&a format too Wink
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:00 am
quote : #7
Type: Pal
ultrapro wrote:
it will ask you to set the date and time again if the machine has been off for an extended period of time, other than that im not sure.

Thanks this is the bit of info I wanted to know. I havent had my DC on for a while and when I put it on it asked me for the time and date so I though ohh poo PSO char now dead seeing as sega europe dont re-set codes anymore. When I tried logging on to PSO it went online fine so I had to discover if the time and date thing was cus the DC had been off for a while or had Sega europe disabled the serial code system. Shame they havent that whould have been shit pantingly exciting for a lot of people.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:44 am
quote : #8
pakkitman wrote:
thanx for the info! nice q&a format too Wink

Im a fact giving guide to most everything DC! So, why isn't Sega making DC games again? ^ ^