1, 2, 3  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:14 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok here is some super important info regarding the entire aero dancing series, specially which ones actually have vs link cable compatibility. Aero Dancing F and Aero Dancing i each also had expansion packs released. The ADF expansion requires the original ADF disc. The ADi expansion is standalone.

I can confirm that the Aero Dancing i expansion is NOT link cable compatible. I'm not sure about the ADF expanion though. The expansions are usually named on most websites as being called Aero Dancing FSD and Aero Dancing iSD.

Check out shinforce for even more info on these various games:
http://www.shinforce.com/elite/aerodancing/index.htm

Why does everything always have to be so complicated lol.
Posted:
Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:31 pm
quote : #2
lordnikon, you're post prompted me to check out Yakumo's site, www.segagagadomain.com , He's got information and pictures of just about every Japanese Dreamcast release, so I went to check out the Aero Dancing series. One of the titles, "Aero Dancing i Jikai Saku Made Matemasen" had a startling caption under it. The caption says the following:

The final Aero Dancing game for the Dreamcast and it's following on in the family histoy of being a special edition. This game actually translates as Aero Dancing I can't wait for the next. A very strange title indeed. Aero Dancing i Jikai saku Made matemasen is all that the original Aero Dancing i was but with loads of extras plus VMU data for all of the other Aero Dancing games. Aero Dancing i allows up to 4 plays to battle it out in the skies in a massive dog fight and best of all the game uses no special server so it will always be on-line and is even broadband compatible.!! Apart from the dog fights there are missions and so on as well as performing some amazing aerobatics. Defiantly the best Aero Dancing in the series.

Can anyone verify whether or not this statement is true? If it is, can users outside of Japan play this Aero Dancing game online?

How are my little crackers doing today?
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:22 pm
quote : #3
Type: Pal
That sounds cool kingofgrills. If the game didnt use a specific server then I dont see any reason why you wouldent be able to play outside of japan. If no server is specified then I guess you wont have to log in anywhere so should be playable anywhere.

Suppose now we just wait to find out if its mis-information.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:17 pm
quote : #4
I have it, when I try to go online it serches for a game and gives me a message in Jap which I cannot understand Sad
Posted:
Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:44 pm
quote : #5
qatmix wrote:
I have it, when I try to go online it serches for a game and gives me a message in Jap which I cannot understand Sad

How many options are u given with the message?. If its one then thats most obviously disconnect, which would indicate a majour problem.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:39 pm
quote : #6
thanks for the info man Smile
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:37 am
quote : #7
The aero dancing games went offline in spring of 2003. So they are not online anymore. The error screen is most likely the game trying to connect and then responding with "host not found, please check your connection and try again". Something to that effect.
Posted:
Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:18 am
quote : #8
so i know this has been asked before but the aero dancing games are basically aero wings 1 & 2? i know its important that it has system link and all but when i had the first aero wings it was really quite pants! i may get the second one tho as that looked pretty damn good but i wont get the imports as no one i know locally would want to play on link cable let alone buy one.
Posted:
Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:36 am
quote : #9
Need to investigate how to set yp a local server then, accordign to Yakamo you can do it..
Posted:
Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:19 pm
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
The aero dancing games went offline in spring of 2003. So they are not online anymore. The error screen is most likely the game trying to connect and then responding with "host not found, please check your connection and try again". Something to that effect.

Shame the article above says no specified server is used so I thought youd be able to get a direct IP connect like Q3 or 4x4 it that was the case. Now Ive no clue what that article means.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:19 pm
quote : #11
What it meant was that, this game could be played online from any country. You didn't have to sign in from some strange authentication thing like isao.net or other dreamcast games. Meaning when it was online, it could be played form EU or US.
Posted:
Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:42 pm
quote : #12
lordnikon wrote:
What it meant was that, this game could be played online from any country. You didn't have to sign in from some strange authentication thing like isao.net or other dreamcast games. Meaning when it was online, it could be played form EU or US.

Mad ... somehow im not surprised...

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:13 am
quote : #13
lordnikon wrote:

Spose we should have addressed all the points in one post but it also says that the game will be online forever Sad . Shame doesnt seem to have happened.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:24 pm
quote : #14
I didn't like the Aerodancing games when I first played them. The very first game had no dogfighting. Just blowing up balloons and formation flying.

The Aerodancing games are the most realistic flight games on any console. Black out,red outs,stalls. It's a hardcore flight sim that doesn't appeal to casual gamers.

I only started liking Aerodancing when Aero Elite Combat Academy(Aerodancing 4) came out on PS2. It had lots of dogfighting and ground attack. Most of my flight sim buds rave about that game. Once you get good at Aero Elite Combat Academy,then playing the Dreamcast Aerodancing games gets alot easier.

It would be great to play Aerodancing online on Dreamcast.

I found some screenshots of people playing 'Aerodancing i' online:

For more screenshots check out this page:

http://yokohama.cool.ne.jp/sasayuri/airdan/hentai/hentai.html

It has screenshot collections form 10 different poeple. Looks like fun.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:46 pm
quote : #15
TANK!! AWSOMEE!!!!!!!! HUGE FIND!!!! I don't have any shots archived from this game yet! First time I or probobly anyone else has seen what this game looked like online in terms of its interface. Smile

As far as the Aero Dancing series is concerned, they are amazing games. So far the best flight sim games I have ever played. And the fact that they are system link compatible makes it even sweeter.