Topic: Best DC games.....

Page 3 of 4
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:11 am
quote : #31
profile : pm
thats the thing, it really upsets me when people think (not that anyone on here thinks this but,) that the dreamcast was meant to rival the ps1. it is a 128 bit console, it is near enough as powerful as the ps2 but has arcade hardware in it instead of the type of stuff in the playstations, the dreamcast is a very powerful machine and i am always shocked at the quality of some of the high end games such as rez, soul calibur, halflife, headhunter, pso, dead or alive, msr, quake 3, ikaruga and so many others, they always suprise me, so yeah if anyone needs a list of the best games thats a good way to start, lets not forget shenmue and skies of arcadia!!
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:31 am
quote : #32
Type: PAL
ultrapro wrote:
if your in the uk then pick up a copy of the xploder cheat disc, this thing works perfectly as a boot disc for ntsc games, i have used it for over 4 years, simply stick it in like you would any game, press start game, it will tell you to open the lid, then put an import in and close the lid, hey presto, no codes required no chipping/modding just perfect play of imports. and yes all peripherals except apparently the light guns work on a pal dreamcast. i have an ntsc fishing rod, vmus and a few other non pal bits that work perfectly.

ive tried gettin my hands on one for a while now, but they do seem to be as rare as rockin horse shit
unknown
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:08 pm
quote : #33
lol, love it man that was funny, well if i see one on the net i shall pm you the link to a cheap one.
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:28 pm
quote : #34
Are there any other boot disc's that are readily available,to play ntsc games on PAL consoles?

Is it correct that NTSC hardware works perfectly on PAL machines?

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:35 pm
quote : #35
yes petrol head, all, except the lightguns, should work fine on a pal dc. and as i said the xploder is the best i think but there are others such as utopia or gameshark. not sure of any others my self.

anyway lets not have this thread spiralling off topic again like the last one, lets just talk about our recommended dc titles, ok?? ok
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:13 pm
quote : #36
Type: NSTC-U/C
There is one more fishing game taht supports the fishing controller. It is called Reel Fishing Wild by Natsume.
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:37 am
quote : #37
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I've played bass fishing now, looking forward to my rod turning up.....

Also got Echo and an official vib pack today..

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:01 pm
quote : #38
petrolhead wrote:
I've played bass fishing now, looking forward to my rod turning up.....

my rod usually turns up when i see pretty ladies.
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:08 pm
quote : #39
hey pakitman thats has to be the best line of the week really funny but also congratulations on getting ecco
petrol head its really confusing but it can be fun to play if u put u head in it.
hey try to get skies of arcadia cos its a really good rpg that is cheaper than shemue 2 and its quite long

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:10 pm
quote : #40
charmed_699 wrote:
hey try to get skies of arcadia cos its a really good rpg that is cheaper than shemue 2 and its quite long

actually i like grandia II much more than skies, but thats only because I hate random battles with a passion. Evil or Very Mad
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:41 pm
quote : #41
pakkitman wrote:
charmed_699 wrote:

actually i like grandia II much more than skies, but thats only because I hate random battles with a passion. Evil or Very Mad

...and Grandia II has the most spectacular RPG battle system I've ever seen. It's so ingenious. [/fanboy]
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:28 pm
quote : #42
OHhh! But skies has PIRATES! ...erm .... IN SPACE! sortof.

Anyway, I HIGHLY, again HIGHLY recomend Power Stone. Great arcade based Fighting game that NEVER got old for me.

MK
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:29 am
quote : #43
TTS wrote:

Anyway, I HIGHLY, again HIGHLY recomend Power Stone. Great arcade based Fighting game that NEVER got old for me.

I highly HIGHLY second that. I third that as well. Power Stone is timeless. Though I've mastered the AI. I need someone new to destroy with Ayame.
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:09 am
quote : #44
MK wrote:
TTS wrote:

I highly HIGHLY second that. I third that as well. Power Stone is timeless. Though I've mastered the AI. I need someone new to destroy with Ayame.

i bought power stone 2 only to find it was one of those, "defective even though it was unopened" gd-roms. Crying or Very sad oh and in reply to tts, grandia has millenia! and she's a hot demon with my favorite attack in the game! fallen wings, naturally. and uhhhh...did i mention that i hate random battles. i'll go ahead and recommend wsb 2k2, i like it a LOT more than 2k1 and its graphics are awesome (motion blur on the baseball!!! shhhhhhhwing Cool ) and um the batter pitcher duels are still some of the best in console gaming.
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:53 pm
quote : #45
Very Happy
played ECCO,great graphics.gonna take while to get into though.

Still waiting for my offical rod.......

The vib pack is pretty powerfull,well happy with that as well.

The DC is a GREAT console, i've packed away my ps1now due to the DC's greatness.
Very Happy

I might have to try one of those rpg's, i've seen powerstone 1 and 2 locally, are these any good?