Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
1, 2  Next
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i just got ooga booga(ntsc) but i can't seem to boot it on my PAL dreamcast. i've used utopia ver 1.3 boot disk and it doesn't seem to work. anybody has had this problem? and if so how do fix it? thanks

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:42 am
quote : #2
Type: Pal
I seem to remember having problems booting this game. One thing I remember is always wait for the pirate at the start to finish saying " ahoy there whale boy " otherwise it causes it to crash later on and wouldent connect online when the server was up. Besides that try another boot , utopia has been unreliable for some users although I never had any real issues with it.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:44 am
quote : #3
see? all this stuff about utopia, i never used it but i hear things that make me think its not very reliable, the action replay xploder is the only one i use and it boots ooga booga and every other import i have bought for dc perfectly, if your in the uk use the xploder, its the nuts!!
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:56 am
quote : #4
hey i think most people use the utopia cos they find it really cheap
xploders usully go for much higher prices but i have to admit that it does play more games so u right

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:47 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
isnt there a demo of a cheat disk that can be used to boot things, i think it might work with this
unknown
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:12 am
quote : #6
well i spent £10 on my xploder on the highstreet more than 3 years ago so it shouldnt be much more than that. try and search for one on amazon.co.uk under marketplace sellers they tend to supply it fairly cheap. its the most reliable one i think, the only game i had trouble with is 4x4 evo, for some reason it wont work unless i take out my 4 page mem card. but other than that.
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:36 am
quote : #7
mcmonkey wrote:
isnt there a demo of a cheat disk that can be used to boot things, i think it might work with this

You're thinking of the Gameshark CDX Demo, which can be found here:

http://consolevision.com/members/fackue/shotgun/ShotGun.cgi?ammo=cdxdemo

It's a DiscJuggler image, so you'll need DiscJuggler or Alcohol 120% to burn it. It's worth a try, I suppose. Otherwise you should probably buy a boot disk.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:26 am
quote : #8
i manage to get it working a couple of times, but lately it wont load anymore, i load it with gameshark (backup copy) &/or utopia boot disk 1.5 and they both take me as far as the sega logo and then the screen goes black...
i got 2 PAL dreamcast and it does the same on both of them. i even bought another copy of ooga booga and the same thing happens. i downloaded a back up version of ooga booga and guess what...? same thing - black screen.
i'm contemplating buying a NTSC dreamcast to play this thing.
i've used action replay, codebraker, gameshark, boot disks (all back ups of course)
is it because im using a back up gameshark that its not loading? it used to load ok before
if anyone has a PAL dreamcast and is playing ooga booga (ntsc) properly please let me know how you do it!!

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:52 am
quote : #9
Blast wrote:
I seem to remember having problems booting this game. One thing I remember is always wait for the pirate at the start to finish saying " ahoy there whale boy " otherwise it causes it to crash later on and wouldent connect online when the server was up. Besides that try another boot , utopia has been unreliable for some users although I never had any real issues with it.

Laters

Did you take note of what I said above?. I have played NTSC backup Ooga booga on my Pal system with no problems. I would have either used Utopia or Action replay to boot up.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:01 pm
quote : #10
i'm trying to boot ooga booga with the original copy (2 original copies). its the same with the back up copy though, i only go as far as the sega logo, i dont see any pirate.
when you play your copy do you have a full screen or do you get 2 black lines (top & bottom) like in 50hz?
if your playing the back up game then you dont need to boot it, its self booted right?

Xatruio
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:11 pm
quote : #11
I have a very, very reliable boot disc by Innovation. I never ever hear poeple talk about that or shops have it in stock, it just seems strange since it's so good, and Innovation isn't that small/unpopular of a company.

lo
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:29 am
quote : #12
orig. ooga booga with code breaker or action replay works fine
no problems with pal dc
tv via rgb.

maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:42 pm
quote : #13
are you using original code breaker/ action replay or copy versions?

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:21 pm
quote : #14
maurice x wrote:
i'm trying to boot ooga booga with the original copy (2 original copies). its the same with the back up copy though, i only go as far as the sega logo, i dont see any pirate.
when you play your copy do you have a full screen or do you get 2 black lines (top & bottom) like in 50hz?
if your playing the back up game then you dont need to boot it, its self booted right?
#

Yeh right I got the backup version hacked by Echelon I believe and you jogged my memory it was self booting. Why dont you get one its not illegal to back up a game you already have I did that on lots of games.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:19 pm
quote : #15
you are right, but the back up version i got is displayed in 50hz (2 black lines on top and botton of screen, and slower), whereas the original is displayed in 60hz (full screen and faster).
but that's also the problem: i cant get the back up version to play anymore, its like my 2 DCs dont want to play ooga booga for some reason!