lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:08 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
National Console Support just posted this in their recent news:

"In a bit of an unorthodox request, a couple of Japanese distributors are requesting that we increase our preorder numbers for Trizeal for the DC. We're pretty set on our quantity but it was a curious business practice. Our assumption is that preorder #s from other vendors/buyers are wretched."

So those pre-order statistics your seeing, or are posted around on forums for Trizeal are innaccurate.

Stores, knowing they can sell the copies overtime and overbuying in order to bup up the game on pre-order charts for publicity.

Shady.
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:52 am
quote : #2
dubious!

kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:56 am
quote : #3
Yea I saw that on NCSX's 11am update, forgot to mention it. At the sametime though I didnt know what to think, to be honest at this point I dont have sympathy for them, the desperation is getting rediculous and after a move like that theres no trust. They may not be as bad off as they think and everyone is always sceemin for cash. Im all for supporting DC and going to desperate lengths to do so but when it seems liek the there are reports about the companie's desperation every other day it starts to get stale.
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:05 am
quote : #4
ok sorry a bit slow what is hapening then ?
are they lying about the number of copies sold

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:01 am
quote : #5
same here, how does that effect us, or the sales of the game?? i take it it means people are lying about the preorder quantities.
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:33 am
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:

"In a bit of an unorthodox request, a couple of Japanese distributors are requesting that we increase our preorder numbers for Trizeal for the DC. We're pretty set on our quantity but it was a curious business practice. Our assumption is that preorder #s from other vendors/buyers are wretched."

So those pre-order statistics your seeing, or are posted around on forums for Trizeal are innaccurate.

Stores, knowing they can sell the copies overtime and overbuying in order to bup up the game on pre-order charts for publicity.

Shady.

is "National Console Support" a reliable information vector?
would sega direct lie also? what's their interest in doing that? they sell large quantities of PS2 games...

and even for lik-sang, what's their interest in doing so? I don't see...
I doubt that triangle service paid for this, I don't think they have suffcient cash to win at this little game against big development studios...
I really doubt that if Triangle Service did this, others never did it...
if that kind of "unhonest operation" was possible, I think that the first place wouldn't be "given" to little studios, but to the one who pays the most...

so I'm dubitative about this information... :?

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:38 am:

antother thing,
not only trizeal is well ranked à lik-sang and sega direct, but it is also in a kind of japanese ebay (I don't remeber the name),
I think that woul a bit a too much vast lie (operation)
so I'm really really dubitative about the reliability of National Console Support.... Confused
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:48 am
quote : #7
cabou wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

Shady.

is "National Console Support" a reliable information vector?
would sega direct lie also? what's their interest in doing that? they sell large quantities of PS2 games...

and even for lik-sang, what's their interest in doing so? I don't see...
I doubt that triangle service paid for this, I don't think they have suffcient cash to win at this little game against big development studios...
I really doubt that if Triangle Service did this, others never did it...
if that kind of "unhonest operation" was possible, I think that the first place wouldn't be "given" to little studios, but to the one who pays the most...

so I'm dubitative about this information... Confused

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:38 am:

antother thing,
not only trizeal is well ranked à lik-sang and sega direct, but it is also in a kind of japanese ebay (I don't remeber the name),
I think that woul a bit a too much vast lie (operation)
so I'm really really dubitative about the reliability of National Console Support.... Confused

It doesnt say anything about Triangle paying to have this done. And I can assure you NCSX are some of the best in the business, as well as some of the most straight forward honest dealers I have ever seen, and dealt with. There isnt even room to question them. Wink
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:33 am
quote : #8
Quote:
It doesnt say anything about Triangle paying to have this done

but if not for money, for what kind of reason would distributors (at least 3) have done that???
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:42 am
quote : #9
not all the money goes to triangle service, ppl, the reason they'd have this done is so that they'd get some the of the mula 2. its shady, but it just may help sales...shame it isn't really in the top ten preorders tho... Sad
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:51 am
quote : #10
cabou wrote:

I think this is the most valid point to consider. Why would different companies, in particular sega benfit from this? Very very wierd.

cabou
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:00 am
quote : #11
moreover whats the benefit of all these "big" distributors to do this? (sega, lik-sang, and yahoo.jp if i remember well...)
I can hardly believe these rankings are false, becoz i cannot see the reason to do this...
why make the promotion of Trizeal more than any other? if true, who pays this promotional campaign? Triangle Service? I guess not...
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:01 am
quote : #12
Type: PAL
if its being oficially released then i think that they get a percentage of all sold, like how nintendo or sony get like 5% of a game sold for there system
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:29 am
quote : #13
mcmonkey wrote:
if its being oficially released then i think that they get a percentage of all sold, like how nintendo or sony get like 5% of a game sold for there system

is it an official release? Shocked
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:29 am
quote : #14
Type: NTSC-U/C
First of all NCSX is very reliable. Those guys that run that place are very cool people and arn't shady in anyway. They also would not slander a game for no reason. Also to cabou, sorry but, it is definatly a possibility that import shops are posting innaccurate pre-order numbers. NCSX's mention of other distributors contacting them asking them to increase their pre-order count regardless of demand is strong evidence to support this.

I would ALSO like to point out this is NOT Triangle Service who is doing this btw. This is import shops and distributors. They know Dreamcast shmups are selling well, and now they are taking some action to sorta get Trizeal and other titles more in the limelight. It is a marketing tactic, an immoral and shady one. It's sorta like rigging a horse race or something. See they are trying to drive up pre-orders. They buy more copies than they know they will be able to sell in atleast 2 years, however they know they will EVENTUALLY be able to sell them, but they are overbuying.
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:36 am
quote : #15
pakkitman wrote:
is it an official release? Shocked

You knew that it was, right?

My guess is that all the 'bad publicity' (or should I say, 'my friend that knows a guy who goes to an arcade that has a frequent that happened to see the game once and played it and said that it was crap') has gotten to most vendors, possibly here and in Japan as well. They're pre-ordering only as many as they feel safe with keeping, and so, since NCS are so good to the DC (aww) and since they usually buy a bunch so that they'll still have some left over for those whom are late to the game (saving many people with their fair price for Border Down, long after its release), they've been asked to increase their amount slightly to make up for others' cowardness.

It's like... destiny. Game comes out, gets a couple of bad words said about it, others avoid playing it, vendors thus decide not to stock it, which means even more people don't play it, and thus seals the fate of Triangle Service. Sad! I hope that the numbers at Sega Direct, at least, are valid. It's definitely an interesting thing to think about, with that large banner on their front page. If Sega are publishing it, though, I'm certain that it's in their best interest to market the game.

We really need for Trizeal to do well, for Triangle Service and for DC fans everywhere... but, if it's not in the cards, then there really isn't anything that we can do about it. I only hope that the future of TS and DC is bright.

Edit: Ah, I see that I totally didn't see it the same way as you, Nikon. I must be very un-versed in the way of business. Neutral

I figured that the letter meant that far fewer vendors were pre-ordering the game (considering all of the strange places that one can find Chaos Field, it makes me wonder), so NCS were being asked to make up for it. I thought this news meant that the game wasn't selling well at all, relatively speaking.