Topic: Turning the blood off

Page 1 of 2
TTS
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Yea, I know. Im a pansey. But I looked in the options of the game and it seems that I can't find it. HELP!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:07 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok, I could have sworn it was in the options. I guess it is not. You can turn off the blood by accessing the command console.

If you have a Dreamcast Keyboard you can do so by entering:

;com_blood 0

This will turn off all blood and gibs.

I think you need a keyboard to do this though, but I can't say for sure. I just tried to access the chat panel in offline multiplayer and couldn't get it to work. If you can access the chat panel online, enter in the above code, should turn off blood and gibs. Don't think you can access it offline via the controller. Can via the keyboard though.

Keyboards can be purchased for very cheap. A few dollers.
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:01 pm
quote : #3
I allready own a keyboard. And im thankfull for it. I should try this latter tonight.

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:29 am
quote : #4
how come u wanna turn the blood off ne way?

it aint that bad,
and y dont u just avoid shootin guys on the floor, and look away wen others do it?

lol

Adam.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:58 am
quote : #5
his 'rents won't lettim play bloody games. dun worry, i had to do the same thing. i had to give away half life because it was "too scary". thank god that problems gone. Cool
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:04 am
quote : #6
TTS wrote:
I allready own a keyboard. And im thankfull for it. I should try this latter tonight.

Word then you should have no problem at all doing this. I tested it yesterday btw. It works perfectly. If you want to verify that the command is set to a certain value. Enter the beginning of the string without the number. It will tell you the current setting of the command.

What this command does is prevent blood or gibs from being shown at all, so you will just see the enemy real back onto the ground and then sink downward. Luckily you have a keyboard Smile
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:12 pm
quote : #7
Would turning the blood and gibs off help keep your framerate a little more steady? That might be a nice tip for Dial-Up users.

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:13 am
quote : #8
Einhander wrote:
Would turning the blood and gibs off help keep your framerate a little more steady? That might be a nice tip for Dial-Up users.

Yes,

that'll probably solve most of ur lag in high fraggin areas,
good thinkin!!

---------------------------------------------------
Quote:
his 'rents won't lettim play bloody games. dun worry, i had to do the same thing. i had to give away half life because it was "too scary". thank god that problems gone.

i can play ne game i want,

i hav Doom3 but b4 i got it, ma dad kept askin:
"u sure u want this game", "u sure u want this game"

i dont see the point in game restrictions,
games with gore and shit shud be if the player is redy 2 play it or not,
not how old the player is,

no1 listens 2 restrictions ne way Laughing

Adam

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:35 pm
quote : #9
i don't have restrictions nemore, just keep it away from my sis (who is six) and itsall good. i think restrictions should be kept, because kids will often insist that their old enough when they aren't. I watched "carrey" the movie when i was 5, and i know i should NEVER had insisted on that. damn movie gave me the creeps for years. Crying or Very sad neway, i didn't get games without blood until i was 11, and that was only because the game was hilarious (NOLF, which is imho one the of best fps's ever but were off topic so). okay and now a question, i've scoured the menu's in qIIIarena and can't find a place where you can change x and y sensitivity. have i missed it cuz i'm an idiot, or do we need coding for that too?
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:17 pm
quote : #10
i hate to change the subject but were can you get a dreamcast key board?Like where can I go buy one.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:14 pm
quote : #11
pakkitman wrote:
okay and now a question, i've scoured the menu's in qIIIarena and can't find a place where you can change x and y sensitivity. have i missed it cuz i'm an idiot, or do we need coding for that too?

It's under control settings. It's the last menu under control configuration.

Metal Hedgehog wrote:
i hate to change the subject but were can you get a dreamcast key board?Like where can I go buy one.

Amazon has them for about 5 bucks. Shipping usually costs about 4-5 off of there. All depends on the merchant. So should be able to score one for about 11 bucks total. eBay is another good place to look.

Amazon is easiest though.
Posted:
Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 pm
quote : #12
Or a used game store. These places work wonders!

But yes, we can now all lable me as the biggest sissy here Razz . But Yea, it works. Yay.

Do we need this anymore/

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:21 pm
quote : #13
ya we keep the forums here so we can take advantage of the search feature. we are slowly building an archive. for ex, someone else might want to turn blood off so he could just locate this thread and not have to wait for an answer. forums like the steam forums (CS) have so many people posting that i have no need to post as all my q's are already answered Cool i hope this is what u meant by "do we need this anymore"

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:06 am
quote : #14
thnx nikon, the analog seems too touchy at its default setting
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:36 pm
quote : #15