pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:13 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
from the "trizeal" thread...
Chile wrote:
i guess two player is good enough, I really hoped for four, but the multiplayer is my real selling point.

okay before I ask lemme just say i could have asked this on that thread but it would be offtopic and i'm trying to be more careful since the super offtopic thread from last week. Cool neway, are there ne shooters with four player support? Shocked that would rock.
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:23 pm
quote : #2
On DC? Certainly! GigaWing 2 is the only one that I know of. In fact, I've played that game once, and it was in four-player mode.

Note that it's a special mode, which I'm guessing has toned-down backgrounds and other graphics, because... well, the "action" is probably closer related to "chaos." Laughing

I'm a huge fan of four-player games, probably much like you, but for shooting games, it's not so hot. I try not to be a klutz, and I still get slightly confused every so often as to which character I am in 2P Shikigami no Shiro II, even with the different appearance and attacks and everything... I mean; When the screen is filled with bullets, it's pretty easy to get at least a little disoriented.

I agree that multiplayer shooting is super-fun as well, although there are some games where it wouldn't quite work--For example; Border Down, in my opinion, is quite enough to handle with the lone player. Even Psyvariar 2, while I was initially disappointed at its lack of a 2P mode, would probably need a revised game mode to offer any fun to a second player (since if you know how the game is meant to be played, a single player can annihilate everything onscreen with buzzing and... "kamikaze attacks?").

For reference, though, I offer the following information:

1~2P GigaWing
1~2P Gunbird 2
1~2P Mars Matrix
1~4P GigaWing 2
1~2P Zero Gunner 2
1~2P Ikaruga
1P Border Down
1P Psyvariar 2
1~2P Shikigami no Shiro II
1P Chaos Field
1~2P ~Trizeal

(Grossly unnecessary, I know. I'm in a weird mood.)

Edit- I might as well add:

1P Bangai-O
1~2P Twinkle Star Sprites
dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:09 am
quote : #3
How the hell does 4 player work? 4 ships on the scereen or split screen?

BTW: I guessed you ate the cookie. Wink
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:52 am
quote : #4
4 ships on the screen Wink
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:16 am
quote : #5
thanks for the info, Giga Wing 2 is a good buy then. Wink
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:02 am
quote : #6
dwachill wrote:

BTW: I guessed you ate the cookie. Wink

true, true. so gigawing 2...is that worth it for the 4 player alone, or is it not as fun as the 2 player modes in other shooters.... oh yeah winking. Wink
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:59 am
quote : #7
Hey, theres an emodicon in every post in this topic. UNTIL NOW Twisted Evil

Damn, still cant get away from them.
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:44 pm
quote : #8
Type: PAL
whats giga wing2 like in multiplayer?
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:04 am
quote : #9
pakkitman wrote:
true, true. so gigawing 2...is that worth it for the 4 player alone, or is it not as fun as the 2 player modes in other shooters....

Well, as I'll say whenever I chime in about GW2 (until I have a chance to play again), it wasn't the best experience for me. It was fun (and funny) for about five minutes, even though all of us continued on to the ending (I'd say ten minutes later). The screen was small, the audio was coming through the TV speaker, it was the early afternoon on a Sunday (*yawn*), I was sitting kind of far away (I'm an "OmniMax" kinda guy) and if asbestos sees this, he'll think that I'm a huge whiner. Cool

I think that two player would be good enough to me, but then again, it might be interesting to try the four-player mode again with a trio of my local 'shmup disciples.' Would it still be crazy? Would it still be credit-fed? Speaking of which; One of them, for whichever actual reason, refuses to continue even once in Shikigami no Shiro II, now (while even I'm not averse to continuing once or twice during 'fun-play' settings).

Overall, if I had only my experience to go on, I wouldn't buy the game for the four-player mode (even though that was what drew me to it in the first place). It might actually be fun, but I personally would need to spend some more time with it. I've seen screen shots of the one/two-player mode, though, and it looks practically like a different game than the one that I remember... and as such, I'm interested in running across it again. A friend of mine is sending GigaWing (1) to me, though, and I'm really looking forward to playing it! I figure that I'll be starting with the DC's first scroll shooting game, and the first GigaWing as well. If I end up liking it, I'll perhaps try Mars Matrix (after Gunbird 2) as I've recently read that it's technically the second in a figurative trilogy... then on to GigaWing 2. I'll be playing them in order, when/if I do. Wink