Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
jake
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was first in line to buy a DC back in the day, and apparently the last to ever go online! ( i dind't like FPS back then, or see the point of online gaming)
I got online a few weeks ago and was hooked. The quake 3 scene is great! My schedule is such that i can only squeeze in a game randomly when i get a minute.
But I've got a few questions, what about loading and saving IP addresses that don't appear on the master list, can it be saved to the vmu or internally to the DC? As you can guess, the reason i'm asking is that i'm currently using my controller to type. (the keyboard/mouse is comming soon) And does anyone else play online with controllers? also, Is there a way to turn the "sticky keys" off the onscreen keyboard to allow you to type faster? (like in the web browsing keyboard). I wanna give props to everyone who is out there playing and supporting the DC, (and this site.) You guys are awsome. I'm also trying to get a dedicated server up with the help of some friends. I know i've got a ton of questions, but that's how we all learn and keep this thing going. One last question, i've gone through 2 DC's in the last few years, that stop in the middle of the game somewhere and return to the start up screen. Why does this happen? my only solution was to buy another DC. Let me know if it can be fixed. Thanks again. Hope to see you online soon.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:35 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
jake wrote:
...what about loading and saving IP addresses that don't appear on the master list, can it be saved to the vmu or internally to the DC? As you can guess, the reason i'm asking is that i'm currently using my controller to type. (the keyboard/mouse is comming soon)

There is no way to create a favorites list of Q3 servers that would be saved. If your manually inputting IP's you'll have to do it each time. Once you get a keyboard it should be much easier. You can do a lot more once you get a keyboard and even jump to another server while in mid-game in another server. Since you can access the command console by pressing F12.

jake wrote:
One last question, i've gone through 2 DC's in the last few years, that stop in the middle of the game somewhere and return to the start up screen. Why does this happen? my only solution was to buy another DC. Let me know if it can be fixed. Thanks again. Hope to see you online soon.

You could be having problems with the gd-rom drive. Honestly, the best advice i can give is take care of your Dreamcast's. Make sure they are properly ventilated. Don't block off the side fan vent. Make sure its open to air. Don't store your DC jammed into an entertainment center. The more space around the console the better. Also keep it on a very hard surface. Not carpet or cardboard. There are small vents on the bottom and discipate heat from the console. Muffling them will cause the temp of your DC to rise drastically. Another good thing to do would be to open up the DC and blow it out with a can of compressed air, which you can find at most electronics stores, or computer specialty retailers. (read the directions on the can as well, you don't want to spray liquid into the dc)
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:18 am
quote : #3
Quote:
One last question, i've gone through 2 DC's in the last few years, that stop in the middle of the game somewhere and return to the start up screen. Why does this happen? my only solution was to buy another DC. Let me know if it can be fixed. Thanks again. Hope to see you online soon.

Dude!

i had this problem with my DC once,
its notin to do with the way he treets his DC,

its 2 do with the way they're made,
theres an easy solution 2 fix this, ill post bak with the site soon!

Adam.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:20 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Notice I said "could be having...". It is a possibility. Just like it is a possibility it could be a manufacturing problem...
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:52 pm
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
Notice I said "could be having...". It is a possibility. Just like it is a possibility it could be a manufacturing problem...

Yes,

i think sega dont this on purpus,
so people think there dreamcast has broke and buy a new 1,
which gets them more moneh for there grubby hands,
lolz.

ne way,
here it is, sorry i was a long reply:

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/sega/dc-reset.htm

Adam.

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:24 pm
quote : #6
as for saving ip's, you could take after what my friend does and grab a crayon and write it on the side of ur monitor, or more conveniently on the front. and if u need to make more room, you can play a long time and get sweaty hands and then be able to rub it off and make room for more. my friends gpa is a 1.4. thus, i conclude school does not determine intellegence

jake
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:41 pm
quote : #7
thanks for the info guys. To be fair, i am extremely carefull ( if not anal ) with all of my video games. I will try that internal reset, (what do i have to lose at this point).
thanks again.
as for the crayon remak... I find crayons to be to "waxie" for my liking. So I am currently spray painting IP #'s on the walls of my gamming room. I guess you use whatever works for you.

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:14 am
quote : #8
jake wrote:
So I am currently spray painting IP #'s on the walls of my gamming room. I guess you use whatever works for you.

dude are you kidding? lol

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:24 am
quote : #9
frokid879 wrote:
jake wrote:
So I am currently spray painting IP #'s on the walls of my gamming room. I guess you use whatever works for you.

dude are you kidding? lol

actually that sounds kinda cool. stylin' and remembrin'. now i'll feel dumb if he's joking. Embarassed still i could see that design working.
rank 17
Posted:
Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:13 pm
quote : #10
LOL,

ur all NUT HEDS!!

Adam.

P.S.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!