Topic: Worms server

Page 1 of 1
WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:39 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
This game is great but the servers are a bit crap.
If there is any kind of problem. switch DC off. Do not reset by using the pad, just switch off and reload....
put in your name but change it slightly, and reconnect. (the reason for changing name is because your previous name may still be in the server until it times out.. and the server does not allow 2 of the same name)

So switch DC OFF if :

* the game does not start.

* you are trapped for ages at the end of a game while the server looks for players... and the players have lagged out during play

This does help. it stops you getting trapped in a cycle of games failing to start.
If ALL players in the game switch off their dc and return it should be fine next game.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:06 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is good to know, thanx for the heads up! Smile I know this has happened to me once before.
Posted:
Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:31 am
quote : #3
Well.. we had a 3 plyr game on worms last night and the server was fine, no lag etc
.. after this game we had a 4 plyr, again it was all going nicely... but then as sometimes happens, sumbodys DC froze. It was my DC that froze, causing the game to end coz i was host.

When we tried to start a game after this happened.. it didnt work.
If a player leaves a game when it is underway, it is like all, or some of the other players get 'infected'. When there are 'infected' players, the serverfails to start games and generally feks up.
(Read The WORMS SERVER post by me!)

In order to become 'clean' you must switch off theDC, then reload the game. U should change your onine name so u can get bak in.. This is a bit of a pain... but if every1 does it the server buggyness wll be kept to a minimum.

So if u play this game and sum1 leaves.. causing the game to end.. just put DC off.. and u will be cleansed..

*If it is a 2 player and ur DC freezes. Switch DC OFF

*If it is a 2 player and ur opponent leaves (lags). Switch the DC off

*if it is a 3 or 4 plyr and all players lag.. switch DC off

*If it is a 3 or 4 plyr and a player lags, but the game continues for the other plyrs. Then play to the end of the game. and put DC OFF when it is over.

*If the game fails to start.. put DC OFF.

If all players are clean the game will be fine 9 times out of 10.... ish lol