Topic: Bought Time Stalkers...

Page 1 of 1
Lunar Eclipse
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:36 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I bought Time Stalkers the other day, and it is actually pretty good. I had heard from a lot of people that it sucked, but it's decent for an early DC RPG. For only 8 bucks, almost any game would do, but this is a pleasant surprise. Time Stalkers will definitely add some life to my DC.
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:52 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is good to hear, I have the gamemyself and have not yet tried it. It's just kinda sitting here waiting to be played hehe. I am gonna try it out next week hopefully. Very Happy
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:02 pm
quote : #3
lol, I’m not sure how you can say its good. I got new Q3 for that price. Here are the reasons not to get this game:
-It is so boring and it’s a pain just to finish the game. Just like books, games need a "narrative” hook to pull you in and make you want to waste hour after hour playing the game and have fun while doing it... and this game has none believe me, drinking cow blood is a better thought then playing this game to me.

-The graphics are second worst I have seen on the Dreamcast (second to Urban Chaos) and it really looks like boosted N64 graphics, o so bland. The character models are worse then ones in N64, very blocky. They fool people by keeping the camera very far away but up close its really bad. Nice textures nevertheless…

-You don't gain levels, every time you enter a dungeon its like you just started the game with a strong weapon, and it’s very easy to die. The dungeons are random so they repeat the same thing over and over. It gets old so fast and the dungeons can be as long as 7 levels and it takes an hour or more to get through some. You can’t save in a dungeon unless you leave it ... losing all items you picked up

This game is by far is Sega's biggest Dreamcast failure as a game and should have never been imported over to the US. I would have rather seen a game like Head Hunter over here rather then this crappy game.... You may think I’m being harsh but it’s the sick truth this game sucks and is no RPG in any fashion other then the fact that it contains weapons that you can trade and sell and you walk around.

But to each his own

Last edited by DreamcastMagic on Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Michael
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:16 pm
quote : #4
their are only 2 games I ever regretted buying for the dreamcast and the first one was time stalkers, but time stalkers is by far overshadowed by the worse game I ever bought, which is wild metal..........
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:29 pm
quote : #5
lol ya wild metal is number 1 then Urban Chaos and then Time Stalkers, I think thats the top 3 worst games.

Lunar Eclipse
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:50 pm
quote : #6
I like RPGs, and I don't think it's that ridiculously awful. It is lacking some polish, but I think it's overall a decent game. It certainly isn't the best, but I guess I'm just happy to be playing DC again.
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:13 pm
quote : #7
Ya it has some fun points it maybe I went over board with trashing it so much