Page 1 of 1
nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:22 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
How does the boot disc look when it starts, I put it in and it plays the Dreamcast swirl screen and goes back to the main menu. Do you then take out the disc and put in another?

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:59 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
it shouldnt do that...maybe youve burnt it wrong (presuming u burnt it)
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:06 am
quote : #3
mcmonkey's right; It should show the CDX main screen with at least two options (I think). I'm actually in the process of testing one out for someone (you know who you are!), and I'll maybe post a... screen shot, or something.

If it simply goes back to the DC main menu, then it means that the system isn't able to load the disc.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:05 pm
quote : #4
nintendo_DS wrote:
How does the boot disc look when it starts, I put it in and it plays the Dreamcast swirl screen and goes back to the main menu. Do you then take out the disc and put in another?

Are you using an original? Or a backup?
Posted:
Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:20 pm
quote : #5
I am using a burnt copy, it is called gameshark cdx. Maybe I'm just a retard and don't have the right disc?

icepick
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:46 pm
quote : #6
Ooh, I know I know! Where did you download the demo from, and which program did you use to make the CD-R?

(Maybe I don't know?)
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:25 am
quote : #7
so the game shark thing you plug into ur controller doesn't let you play imports? Sad
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:15 am
quote : #8
pakkitman wrote:
so the game shark thing you plug into ur controller doesn't let you play imports? Sad

I don't believe that it does, but the disc that is included with it, should. You see; The disc loads, and it's able to load another disc. Thus, when you load the disc, the DC sees that it's a disc of the appropriate region (or, in this case, "region-free," sort of). Then, since the disc has already passed the point of region checking, it can load a disc from any other region without issue.
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:43 pm
quote : #9
The burnt copy of Gameshark CDX you're using is messed up. It's not loading properly at all.

I have an original Gameshark CDX disc that I use for PAL PSO, as well as other games. When you place the disc into the Dreamcast, you have to press start to get it to load just like a CD-R backup. The game loads to an orange colored menu screen containing a directory of all available games. When you scroll and highlight a game, it then shows you all available codes for that game.

Anyway, once the disc is at this menu, simply place the disc in that you would like to boot up. In order for it to work though, you need to have that game available for selection on the menu. If it's not available (PAL PSO was not available for me), there is a simple option to add a new game. Choose that option, type in a name for that game, and save the information to your VMU. Then select the game from the menu, and it will prompt you to insert it in the DC. Then just press start and you're off and running.

It takes like 30 seconds to configure a game if it's not on the menu, and then it works as easy as any Utopia boot disc. I've loaded games from all regions with it, and it works perfectly.

How are my little crackers doing today?