Topic: Having trouble getting online

Page 1 of 1
mm079
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just got the game and I am excited to play online with others. When I try to get online I get one of two messages: Having trouble connecting to the internet, and having trouble connecting to gamespy server. This happens everytime I try to connect online for the game... Does this mean that I won't be able to play online with it? And yes, I do have a working ISP, a free one and one that I pay for. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:49 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
You may want to try this post in the "Network Tech" forum. I don't really know what to do about your problem. All I can think of is it might be a hardware problem. Try a different phone cord, phone jack, or even a different dreamcast if you can. Can you get other games to go online and can you browse the internet? What browser did you program it with? Sorry I can't be more help.

mm079
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:56 pm
quote : #3
All my other games go online except for 4x4 evolution. Both Starlancer and 4x4 seem to be having the same trouble. I am using Browser 2.6, my other games that work fine online are Quake 3 Arena and PSO version 2. Also, would you know if Gundam Battle Online still works or not?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:10 am
quote : #4
mm079 wrote:
Also, would you know if Gundam Battle Online still works or not?

GBO does not work online anymore. It was online in Japan only. It went offline very fast, due to it being an overall mediocre experience. Many people have said it to be strait up bad.
Posted:
Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:34 am
quote : #5
yeah it is a pretty shit game, i got it on import free with a purchase from liksang (free gift, hint shit hint) the graphics are ok but its pretty pointless really. starlancer rocks and as long as your dc is set up with an isp it should go on first time. i had isp problems where some wouldnt support one game and others would but the generic bt one that came in dreamkey 3.0 works perfectly.
Posted:
Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:38 am
quote : #6
yeah!

try using a DreamKey3.0 sega r givin 'em away for free!

http://sega-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sega_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=182&p_created=109602 1463&p_sid=3q8qa5vh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTUmcF9wcm9k X2x2bDE9NyZwX3Byb2RfbHZsMj05NyZwX2NhdF9sdmwxPSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=

Adam.

purpakmanjb
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:04 pm
quote : #7
i have star lancer and 4x4 evo both of these games dont work online
i can get online with quake 3 tho
anyone knows why this happens?
Posted:
Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:11 pm
quote : #8
Are you using broadband? Quake and PSO are the only games that support broadband.

purpakmanjb
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:32 pm
quote : #9
im using 56k
Posted:
Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:09 pm
quote : #10
ultrapro wrote:
yeah it is a pretty shit game, i got it on import free with a purchase from liksang (free gift, hint shit hint) the graphics are ok but its pretty pointless really. starlancer rocks and as long as your dc is set up with an isp it should go on first time. i had isp problems where some wouldnt support one game and others would but the generic bt one that came in dreamkey 3.0 works perfectly.

I actually paid for mine, because I am a Gundam Fan Freak. Did yours come w/ the stickers? I want them stickers. Mine came w/ stickers but I don't want to use them, I would love an extra set that I would use. I build the Models, and thats what those stickers are for.

My family has broadband, because the phone bills were astronomical and connection was crap (compuserve). So I am reserved about going online through my DC (since I don't have a BBA). I have only done so to DL the PSO quests and Sonic Adv. stuff. What is the time you guys spend playing Star Lancer online? Hour, 2, more? Lots of people?

I'm no expert, but I would bet that its the GameSpy thats giving you all your problems 4X4 and SL are on those servers, while the other games are on different ones. Are you using a 'back up' of SL?

freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:56 pm
quote : #11
I had the same problem and tried switching to "Tone" dialing over "Pulse" dialing. You can change those with your browser.
Try that with a paid ISP, free ISPs seem have trouble no matter what you do.