Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
1, 2  Next
cat
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:26 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have had my dreamcast online 4 years now with my dial up isp also have keyboard ,mouse and 3 browser versions 2 , 2.6 and planetweb 3.0.I used the dreamcast to surf the net for many years which was great because I was new to the whole net thing.

I was wondering does anyone else use the dreamcast to use internet?

There was a time it was the second most used way to access the internet aside from the pc. DC rocks.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:10 pm
quote : #2
loads of people still use it as they can either not afford a pc or its cheaper sometimes to browse on the dc than a pc, i use it to convert pso games and stuff and download content from sites to be used with my games.
Posted:
Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:39 am
quote : #3
hey i tried to use it as an internet provider but just couldnt get my ebay account so its a no for me using it on the internet but go to pso online evryday aroud 7 and ull see me Diogo ( character and real name ) there everyday like a crack addict
ps im a game addict now lol

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:20 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yes I still use my DC mostly for PSO the Web browser for developing pics and if someone puts a game in the schedule that I have i'll try to get on that game also.

Last edited by DaMan on Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:40 am
quote : #5
hey i used to but then it didnt allow me to sell stuff on ebay which really wasnt good so i stopped but still neat using a console to go on the internet lol by the way sorry didint see my 1 comment before i didi this 1

sonicteam10
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:12 am
quote : #6
I just got my web browser this year, I do have a PC but surfing from the comfort of my bedroom is wayyy cooler.

Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:47 pm
quote : #7
I use it when my computer is down. I check my ebay..it takes a while to enter and bid but it is worth it =) And you can view images in a bigger screen. It is good to have just incase your computer stops working =) The dreamcast has saved me manytimes =D it's internet pawns.

isafos
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:33 pm
quote : #8
Type: PAL
I got sent a copy of Dreamkey (the latest) from Sega (Free. Very Happy). yet to try it out though.

nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:54 pm
quote : #9
yeah, I just recieved my second free copy from Sega Europe today (thanks). With a little persistance (and lies) you can get Sega Europe to ship them to the US for free. Mr. Green
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:35 pm
quote : #10
Type: PAL
Bravo. Wink Freebies are nice, especially if they're video game related.

Zanoh
unknown
Posted:
Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:16 am
quote : #11
I am getting my Dreamcast in the mail but when I had it, it was fun to look stuff up in the net albeit it was slow.

Now I am not only getting the Dreamcast in the mail, but I am also getting the broadband adaptor to go with it.

Jimyerk2k
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:52 am
quote : #12
No I never used my DC for my main internet use, But it does seem like a great cost efficient (and undoubtly cool) way to use the internet

MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:12 pm
quote : #13
nick944 wrote:
yeah, I just recieved my second free copy from Sega Europe today (thanks). With a little persistance (and lies) you can get Sega Europe to ship them to the US for free. Mr. Green

What do you mean by this? In what ways would one persist / tell lies in order to do that?
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:57 pm
quote : #14
I pretty much told them that I had just moved from the UK to the US, and I would like a copy. Then to get a second, I said I didn't get the first. Wink
Posted:
Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:26 pm
quote : #15
I am considering doing that, but that would be lying, and I'm too "nice" do do stuff like that, so I'll probably ultimately decide against it. Besides, the browser ships on a CD, ont a GD-ROM, at least according to Sega's European site, so I wouldn't be that much worse off if I just downloaded it and burned my own disc. Well, nick944, you have two copies. Can you verify whether or not they're CDs?