Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:55 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey guys. im about to buy a few things off lik-sang and i was thinking of buying Shenmue 2 for the dc. so i just wanna ask if anyone else has played the jap version. i just wanna know if it has a english subtitle option or anything. i dont wanna stoop to the xbox version. its just not the same.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:34 am
quote : #2
Nope... I dont beleive it has a subtitle option, only Japanese option.
The PAL version is in Japanese as well, but comes with subtitle options in English and Japanese.

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:59 pm
quote : #3
damn. i cant exactly afford the pal version. and i herd the burned version SUCKS. where did you get this info from?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Hazaki
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:47 am
quote : #4
I've got the Japanese version of Shenmue 2, everything is in Japanese so unless you can understand/read the language, you will have to get the PAL version which has English subtitles and Japanese speech.

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:09 am
quote : #5
Well then your only other optionis the XBOX version, whixhs runs for about $15 dollars brand new and is is complete English.

Though I understand what you mean by it not being the same. It is really exactly the same thing, with extra, but I felt that way when playing it. Something felt out of place. If you really want to, play-asia.com has a thing to convert DC controllers to XBOX. I was acually thinking about doing that,b ut it cost $25, which is just to much.

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:55 am
quote : #6
yeah.... sigh..... looks like the xbox version is the most practicle one. ill keep an eye out on ebay. hey, you never know. thanks everyone for your help.