Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:13 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i want to get online, but I don't know if i for sure need a hunters liscense or anything else other than the game and the boot disk

please give info

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:10 am
quote : #2
For PAL PSO all you need is the game disc, a working serial and access key which should be with the game if you got it sealed. if you purchased the game used you can contact sega of europe help line and they will issue you a new serial and access key.

PAL PSO is free to play online. The Hunter's Liscense, which is the terminology given to "a paid pso account", does not apply here.

Both v1 and v2 are free to play online with no monthly subscription fees.

Pretty sweet huh? Wink
Posted:
Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:51 am
quote : #3
so the whole hunters liscense thing is just a play on words and you never actually needed a real hunters liscense?

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:01 am
quote : #4
the PAL versions of the game are free online, however americans (and i believe the japanese) needed to pay for a hunters license when the NTSC version was online, the jp version is still online, whether they still pay or not i dont know but to play pso ver 1 or 2 PAL you dont need it. it was a us only thing. get it?
Posted:
Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:03 am
quote : #5
yeah, they just had me fooled

I got my pal pso on ebay last night! I can't wait to play it. And I have a gameshark boot disc

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:05 am
quote : #6
as long as its sealed you should have no problem getting online, if however its used the codes will have been used on the previous owners dc and the servers/game will not allow the same codes to be used more than once, so you will need to contact sega of europe and they will supply you with new ones. speak to charmed_699 he seems quite keen and able to help others deal with this problem.
Posted:
Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:45 pm
quote : #7
This reminds me of the time my dad had to get a hunter licence from the state likes to hunt deer and for the first few time he went hunting he didn't and he got caught and charged 100 bucks!!! haha XD
Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:30 pm
quote : #8
The JP's still have to pay a hunters licence fee