Topic: can't play VMU mini-game

Page 2 of 3
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:27 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
It's funny, I didn't realize that beep meant the batteries were dead until about 6 months ago or so. I bought my Dreamcast new, but I have never bought a new VMU - they've always been used. Now that I know the beep doesn't have to be there, it's really starting to bug me. It especially bothers me late at night, because it's loud enough to wake someone up.

How are my little crackers doing today?
charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:54 am
quote : #17
yeah the bleeping is annoying but i got some batteries last december and left it turned on inside the controller by mistake
drained in a week lol cant really be bothered to buy more

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:05 pm
quote : #18
thats the pisser with vmu's, if you leave the batterie in when you arent using it the battery is still draining, i tend to stick the tab u get with a new vmu back in when im not gonna use it cos it doesnt drain the batteries, but then it looses the time and date, thankfully it doesnt loose the data tho. i dont think theres anyway of stopping it from beeping aside new batteries and re wiring.
Posted:
Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:23 pm
quote : #19
and rewiring just isn't especially worth it. yeah, i thought the dreamcast always beeped, but then one time i went over to a friends house and when it didn't beep i told him he had forgot his vmu but it was in there. i felt pretty dumb lol Embarassed
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:11 pm
quote : #20
To stop the beep by opening up the VMU and snipping the speaker wire, then you have yourself a stealth VMU...lol
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:24 pm
quote : #21
DRBagabundo wrote:
To stop the beep by opening up the VMU and snipping the speaker wire, then you have yourself a stealth VMU...lol

uhh tutorial or pics or something? or is the speaker wire clearly marked speaker wire lol Mr. Green
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:41 pm
quote : #22
As soon as you open the VMU, an arrow pops out to point it out...

When you remove the first 4 screws and separate the two pieces of the VMU, put the front cover down and remove the remaining screw from the chip. When you remove it, a wire is going to be connected from the chip to the speaker... SNIP THE BYTCH!

Now that's a tutorial fo yo ass! I'm Rick James bytch!
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:31 am
quote : #23
DRBagabundo wrote:
As soon as you open the VMU, an arrow pops out to point it out...
Now that's a tutorial fo yo ass! I'm Rick James bytch!

Laughing thanks, rick. "darkness!"
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:40 am
quote : #24

That website sounded like a door-to-door salesmen was trying to sell me somthing bad.
Posted:
Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:43 am
quote : #25
Those batteries are expensive there, just go on ebay and get a 50 pack for like 15$. I remember when I first got my dreamcast, each of those friggin little batteries drew me back 6$ bux each...lol
rank 40
Posted:
Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:14 pm
quote : #26
well remove ur vmu when u stop playing ur DC from the pad and press the sleep mode button. That will save ur vmu battery.
Posted:
Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:34 pm
quote : #27
TTS wrote:

That website sounded like a door-to-door salesmen was trying to sell me somthing bad.

I find your statement vague. How about your explain what you mean when you make a post. I have never used The Goat Store, I have no idea what type of stuff they were putting you through, and maybe no one else here has either, so maybe we would all find it helpful if you weren't so vague. What was the bad thing that they were trying tot sell you? What makes them seem like a door to door salesman, and why is that so scarry to you?

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:25 pm
quote : #28
mr. spank = post enforcer Cool but yeah i didn't get that joke on the first read thru, TTS....
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:06 pm
quote : #29
Mr. Spank wrote:
TTS wrote:

I find your statement vague. How about your explain what you mean when you make a post.

Sorry, I guess I have some splainin too dooooo.

Well, with just about every product on there, they always have the "You'll have supper fun with it", or "Buy this today!" sort of feel. Mabye my since of humor is just difrent.
Posted:
Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:04 pm
quote : #30
so you just don't like their generic tag lines that they attach to the product listing? Thats all? They weren't actually trying to sell crap to you?

Mr. Spank = Post Enforcer, kinda takes away from the ambiguity of the name and gives it purpose. I feel a little ambivilent about that.