Topic: I'm on a roll!!!

Page 1 of 2
DatBoyScrooge
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:28 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I've been making a lot of posts is because, I noticed I've been giving my XBox a lot of attention and been ignoring my Dreamcast. Then when I put in Sonic Adventure 2 and Power Stone 2, I couldn't let go of my huge controller. Mr. Green

So I'm back to purchasing a bunch of games AGAIN, building my collection even more with DC cheap classics. From my last post, I decided to get Shenmue. I'm not forgetting about Tokyo Extreme Racer 2, that will be in my collection very soon. Also, I'm waiting on Skies of Arcadia to arrive within the next few days. And now I just did something else.

I FINALLY!!! purchased a DC-X with the intentions of getting Headhunter. Now I need some suggestions. Sorry for all the suggestion threads, but I think everyone can understand why I'm so excited. What are some good import games I should get? Trizeal and Baldr Force EXE are the first 2 on my list.
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:42 am
quote : #2
hey congratulations on making your decision and keep on buying those games . Now for imports im not sure if you mean all those japonese games or just european games that werent released there anyway best game to import that was only european is shenmue 2 cos it must have a killer storyline and not to spoil it to you snehmue 1 was amazing like watching a movie and theres even relationships in it too
anyway headhunter heard its really good good luck on getting it cos ive been told its like a action movie with lots of solid snake action type sequences like a holywood block bluster . also obviusly being the eternal cheerleader to pso get it if you dont have it cos i would really like to play with you plus the other oc memebers here pm me if you have questions on this game
good luck with buying the games

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:53 am
quote : #3
im glad somone else feels like this. whenever i stop playing the dreamcast for a few months i get this urge to play it again and get more games for it. im glad your getting shenmue its the nads!! import shenmue 2 as well mate thats even better than 1. and headhunter is about the best action game on the planet. better than metal gear better than other games like that as well imo. the dc has this amazing abillity to keep on entertaining me no matter how long i leave it. i dont know what games you should import, it depends on your region. if your in the uk then theres loads of american games that never came to the eu. there are only a few dc games that only came out in the eu tho. is evil twin one of them? if so get that asap cos its the best platform game on the system i think. despite the graphical problems it has its a wonderful game.
Posted:
Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:42 am
quote : #4
Oh Im ever on a roll but in a different meaning Razz

Ultra you realy like evil twins? I bought that game for a friend so I had the chance 2 test it.... I noticed bad camera view (in some stages I wasnt able 2 see my little cha) and I turned it off after 20 mins. This game came late out and for that its a shame in my view. DC has better plattform games or jump and runs - how ever you call it.
Posted:
Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:06 am
quote : #5
yeah man i love evil twin, i can honestly put up with the camera angles cos its so enchanting, im about a 3rd of the way thru it and im really hooked on it. once you learn the controls and levels you get used to it and the story/characters/graphics are amazing. the way i describe evil twin is it reminds me of my childhood, as in the style of the backgrounds, its like quilts and buttons and bits and pieces you find under your bed and the imagination in it, talking animals and stuff, just really takes me back to my childhood. i love the little game. i think rayman 2 is probably better all round but i just have a thing for evil twin. anyway what region were you in again? us right? i cant remember what other games came out in the eu and not the us.
Posted:
Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:56 am
quote : #6
Hey DBS! I thought that I'd mention that the main game mode of Baldr Force EXE is almost 98% story and 2% action (give or take). This is fine and well: The artwork, storytelling, voice work and music are all top notch. However, it's all in Japanese, so unless you speak the language, you might be a bit dismayed by the amount of text in the game.

Trizeal on the other hand, is an awesome arcade scroll shooting game. I would go so far as to say that it's a must-have DC game, unless you're really against games in the genre (although I'm guessing that you haven't played Ikaruga or anything like that! Gunbird 2? I haven't played that one, but, it's at least in the same genre).

Just my two thoughts on your selections. Cool
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:08 am
quote : #7
yeah man there are loads of different games out there that are much more english friendly than baldur force exe. for starters theres frame gride, ikaruga, all the japanese shooting games, puyo puyo fever has an english choice in it and a few others.
Posted:
Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:32 pm
quote : #8
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. I got a lot of games I can add to my import wishlist now. So far it's, Headhunter, Trizeal, Ikaruga, Shenmue 2, and Puyo Puyo Fever. I'm going to hold off on Baldr Force, you guys are right. I don't know any Japanese and if the game is filled with cutscenes, I probably wouldn't enjoy it too much (though I wouldn't mind english subtitles). Ultrapro, I am from the US and I'm going to look into Evil Twin to see if that'll be a game I would like. Thanks for all of the suggestions.
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:48 pm
quote : #9
no worries mate, i dont pretend to think everyone will like evil twin i just find it one of the more charming games on the dreamcast. did heavy metal geomatrix and cannon spike come out in the us? i dont know bout u guys but they along with pso and nba 2k2 and evil twin were the last games to come out on the dc in the eu in 2002 and i thought maybe they were pal only as well. may i also suggest soldier of fortune and project justice and resident evil code veronica. also rez is a must own dc title.
Posted:
Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:18 pm
quote : #10
i know for sure cannon spike released in the US, i own that game, lots of fun. You even get to be Mega Man in the game. i already own soldier of fortune (didn't like that too much) and resident evil code veronica (i enjoy that). i read a couple of previews already on Evil Twin, and it do look like i would like, especially when IGN said "Evil Twin may steal the throne from Rayman 2"
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:25 am
quote : #11
eh i rememeber evil twin and reading it my last dreamcast magazine i buyed also have you though abotu rez? has that game gone to the usa cos with some money to blow it could be a reallly cool game cos its like so good to be able to play and what you do changes everything and this is what the review said cos sorry still didint buy it but look into it cos i heard only good stuff of it although its short

DatBoyScrooge
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:56 pm
quote : #12
ultrapro wrote:
no worries mate, i dont pretend to think everyone will like evil twin i just find it one of the more charming games on the dreamcast. did heavy metal geomatrix and cannon spike come out in the us? i dont know bout u guys but they along with pso and nba 2k2 and evil twin were the last games to come out on the dc in the eu in 2002 and i thought maybe they were pal only as well. may i also suggest soldier of fortune and project justice and resident evil code veronica. also rez is a must own dc title.

ultrapro, I finally followed your advice and got Evil Twin. it's wonderful and makes me want to finish Rayman 2 at the same time Mr. Green
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:12 pm
quote : #13
well good, glad you like it mate!! i find that game to be magical. the controls can be a tad annoying some times and the graphics glitch now and then but its such a charming game i have trouble putting it down.
Posted:
Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:23 pm
quote : #14
Puyo Pop will CONSUME you.
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:58 am
quote : #15
Type: NTSC-U/C
man isnt the dreamcast an awesome system it has awesome games and it brings friends even closer i think the dreamcast online community is the most friendlyest one of all systems