Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:17 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
lamestop reciently had a 'buy 2 get one free' sale, and me being me, i took full advantage. i got a couple n64 accessories, a psx dualshock, and most importantly, 5 psx games. and as i always do when i get a new ps game, i load it up on the 'ol BleemCast Beta. to my surprise, 3 worked almost perfect and i mean PERFECT. 1 worked ok, and 1 didnt load at all. not a bad ratio if i do say so myself.

heres the games i tested and their compatibility rating:

King of Fighters '99 Evo - works perfect down to the music and sound effects. controls are responsive and jaggies are greatly reduced.

Drawbacks: only complaint is the added clearity and resolution makes the missing animation frames (probably taken out to fit in the psx's limited ram) very apparent.

Time Crisis - all i gotta say is WOW. why oh why was bleem not seen to fruition!? really shows the genius behind this technology. polys are still smooth, none are uneven as seen in many bleem games.

Problems: no light gun support (ofcoarse) and its a bitch to shoot accurately with a dpad. the pause menus are screwed, but who cares? im playing a freakin psx game on my DREAMCAST! hows that for a dead console?

Nitrous Oxide - again, absolutely perfect. sound is dead on and the full screen anti-aliasing really brings out the color. perfect from the menus to the pause options.

Complaints: none, believe it or not. besides it being a so-so game to begin with, your playing it on a better medium, so points added for that.

Rival Schools - both disks in the 2 disk set are functional. character models look ten times better and the polys are butter smooth.

Bad: Runs slow. still playable, but not worth going through the hassle. characters textures can look "bleached out" at times. backgrounds are missing, but sections do pop up from time to time. visual effects are also largely missing. sound is sporadic, but there.

Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition - not even a loading screen. dosnt work at all. atleasst it dosnt tease like so many other games on bleem.

there you have it. yet another testament to what could have been. really makes you realize the dreamcast was not given nearly enough time to show its capabilities. one day the public at large may appreciate this amazing system, but that is unlikely. one thing remains, this is an amazing program which testifies to the developers true talent.

------

if your interested in seeing the best the Bleem beta has to offer, may i suggest these games:

Einhander
Syphon Filter
Bushido Blade
Ridge Racer Type 4
Gran Tourismo (arcade disk)
Crash Team Racing
Intelligent Cube

and heres the ye olde Bleemcast compatability list:

http://www.katanaweb.com.ar/Bleemcast%20compatibility.htm

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:26 am
quote : #2
ok so where can you download it again? i had it before but couldnt find anything that worked well on it. whats nitrous oxide again? and is this ntsc games or pal?? do you think there'd be any difference in performance between the different region copies of each game?
Posted:
Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:42 am
quote : #3
That's sweet. If only Time Crisis has lightgun support I would be going straight out to buy it!

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:26 am
quote : #4
is that list link ever updated? can u submit ur compability with ps-x games using the bleemcast beta?
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:57 pm
quote : #5
Yea, i love bleemcast. I am trying to develop a compleate compatability list on my site, but its slow going.

BTW, Rainbow six Lone Wolf works verry well after you get through the menus.
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:17 pm
quote : #6
ultrapro wrote:
ok so where can you download it again? i had it before but couldnt find anything that worked well on it. whats nitrous oxide again? and is this ntsc games or pal?? do you think there'd be any difference in performance between the different region copies of each game?

boy, i really have no idea where to get it anymore. i got it from the old compatability site.

nitrous oxide is a tempest type shooter set to chemical brothers music. a mediocre game.

i wonder how pal games perform on bleem, hit me back if you can get some games tested.

Le Spank wrote:
That's sweet. If only Time Crisis has lightgun support I would be going straight out to buy it!

that would be so sweet on so many levels. i tryed the 2 dc lightguns i own. you know, i have a psx lightgun, maybe when i finally get that ps-dc converter...

pakkitman wrote:
is that list link ever updated? can u submit ur compability with ps-x games using the bleemcast beta?

its a copy of the old bleemcast beta site. i think it was bleemcast.noip.org or somthing. its gone now.

dwachill wrote:
Yea, i love bleemcast. I am trying to develop a compleate compatability list on my site, but its slow going.

BTW, Rainbow six Lone Wolf works verry well after you get through the menus.

awesome! we need annother compatability site. id love to contribute.

i totaly forgot about that game. yes, it dose work great.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
gamzor
rank 8
Posted:
Sat May 14, 2005 10:05 pm
quote : #7
its amazing how bleem can emulate alot of games so good and make it look alot better, probably why sony got after their asses. but the game powerslave is the only one i tried and it works great.
Posted:
Sat May 14, 2005 10:08 pm
quote : #8
gamzor wrote:
its amazing how bleem can emulate alot of games so good and make it look alot better, probably why sony got after their asses. but the game powerslave is the only one i tried and it works great.

it is why they worked their asses off trying to sue bleem. still doesn't make sense tho, seeing that they lost money everytime they sold a console, and gained money each time they sold a game, so if anything bleem would've made them more money. Neutral
rank 13
Posted:
Sun May 15, 2005 10:41 am
quote : #9
MasterChief wrote:
l

Time Crisis - all i gotta say is WOW. why oh why was bleem not seen to fruition!? really shows the genius behind this technology. polys are still smooth, none are uneven as seen in many bleem games.

Problems:
no light gun support

My attention is now lost.
Posted:
Sun May 15, 2005 11:09 am
quote : #10
and that post was constructive how? being a playstation game, naturally it doesn't have the programming required to make it compatible with the dreamcast light gun. the only idea i can think of is trying to hook up a ps-x light gun to the dc and see if that works (like masterchief mentioned). i hope to be buying mgs bleem! soon. i love that game (not the sequel)
rank 25
Posted:
Sun May 15, 2005 9:44 pm
quote : #11
TTS wrote:
MasterChief wrote:
l

Problems:
no light gun support

My attention is now lost.

i dont get it. whats your point?

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2005 1:43 am
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-U/C
Quake II makes a really good Bleem! as well, but I was unable to see if multiplayer worked right. I don't know if Bleem! smulated a multi-tap for the DC's four controller ports.

If it does work, 4-player deathmatch on Quake II PSX would rule on the DC. Well, it would rule for me anyway, since I prefer digital control for that game.

I'll have to find out tomorrow.

Also, I'm house sitting right now, so i don't have access to my computer, but once I get back, I've got the Bleem! beta disc image. I'm assuming it falls under the "unreleased software rule" here and I can distribute it openly?

If it doesn't, feel free to PM me. If my memory serves me well, it's less than a meg when it's all .rar'd up. We could do some MSN Messenger transfers or something. God, that brings me back to the days of transferring all those images of Beats of Rage back in the day.

I'll try and see if I can find the site i downloaded it from, if it even still exists, sometime in the next few days when I have time as well.

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2005 3:50 am
quote : #13
Einhander wrote:
Quake II makes a really good Bleem! as well, but I was unable to see if multiplayer worked right. I don't know if Bleem! smulated a multi-tap for the DC's four controller ports.

If it does work, 4-player deathmatch on Quake II PSX would rule on the DC. Well, it would rule for me anyway, since I prefer digital control for that game.

no kidding... keep us posted, id love to see if 4 player works. kinda unlikely, but im pretty sure 2 player would work.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2005 10:06 am
quote : #14
Type: NTSC-U/C
Quake 2 is pretty damn impressive running on bleemcast. The audio can kinda glitch out some getting crackly. But the graphics are spot on. Its really great to see everything smoothed out. Also, I gotta say even running on PS1 hardware, Quake 2 looks good.

But one thing is for sure, with the homebrew Quake ports, and Quake 2 running on Bleem, and Quake 3 Arena for DC...its like...you get all of Quake on the DC!!! Very Happy
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2005 5:17 pm
quote : #15
wasn't there a homebrew port of quake 2 as well? Neutral