Page 2 of 4
Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat May 07, 2005 7:10 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I can't believe that I'm already on my 'A' license and it's still disk one ! This game is so detailed.

If offers everyone a little something they might enjoy. If you're into stealth, you can do it. Maybe you're into 'rambo-ing' it? Well, HH has that to.

This game was very well thought out.

Don't let cost stop you from getting this game. It's amazing and worth every penny! Also, it's very funny at times.

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 1:20 am
quote : #17
hey thanks for the tip definetly 1 on my list' along with countless others when i do get better financially
anyway hope you really liking the game cos it sounds like your having fun

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 6:16 am
quote : #18
Well HH had also some strange bugs. On the first disc I killed a man and shouldnt do that. After killing the dude I wasnt able 2 get deeper into that game. All doors were closed and it seems I needed the dude living 2 open the doors.
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 9:10 am
quote : #19
Are you talking about when you went back to Wolfpack headquarters? If so, I thought the same thing. Look in your items list. It'll make sense then.

The only problem I've ever had with the game was luckily when I was just messing around. After I killed everyone in the mall, I decided to have some fun and went through the mall shooting all of the windows out and everything like that (nice glass breaking effect) and all of a sudden, it went to a black screen and gave me debugging information.

TTS
rank 13
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 10:39 am
quote : #20
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2001/vgnews/092801/headhunterdc_screen008.jpg

THAT GUY IS SUCH A RENAGADE!
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 10:55 am
quote : #21
yeah i read on a review of it on a dc magazine they called it a cliche which is funny because nowdays most games are almost the same anyway so at least make him as good as thatt in the picture .
1 of the best things im looking forward when playing the game is that the way they make it so stilish like the first boss with the rain and its all very holliwood movie style

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 1:51 pm
quote : #22
Yeah the graphics look strong with this one. I'll be picking up this baby sooner rather than later, hopefully this summer.
rank 39
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 9:22 pm
quote : #23
OK, I just fnished the game, and let me start by saying "wow." After completing the game you're really left with the "wow" factor, even more-so than while playing it.

I think it's impossible to play this game and not have one nice thing to say about it. There is something in it for everyone:

If you like any of these games, you'll like this game:

• Half Life
  • Resident Evil
  • Siphon Filter
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Suzuki Alstare
  • Metal Gear Solid

There may even be more, but these were just a few that came to mind.

Towards the end, the tone completely shifts. It's really nice and helps to give the story a whole new angle that keeps the game fresh.

With consistent outstanding visuals, a killer soundtrack (as mentioned before), and a good bit of variety, I'd give this game a 9.5 out of 10. There could have been a bit more debugging done. The game froze a few times and Jack would get stuck in the crouch position where he would keep bouncing up and down. Could have been because I was using an import boot disk or something. I don't know. It wasn't all that bad and happened maybe 3-4 times total throughout the entire time I played. It was probably just my DC's way of saying, "You've been playing this way too much! Take a break!" Very Happy.

If anyone wins the game, don't forget that you can then go back and play Headhunter V2, whatever that is. Maybe it's a harder difficulty. So far, the most noticable feature is the unlocked "star" weapon locker at L.E.I.L.A. It gives you unlimited ammo and all weapons. The bike also seems to handle a bit better for some reason.

I guess I'll just have to wait a bit before I find out. I'm going to give it a break for a little while so I don't over-indulge in it. I still have to finish Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Smile[/list]

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon May 09, 2005 2:15 am
quote : #24
i never had any glitches while playing this game, i had a problem with a save file once in that i wasnt able to complete a vr mission because he wouldnt throw the bullett shells, so i had to start again, it worked second time tho so it may have just been a problem with the disc. but yeah it is a truly awesome game and unfortunately the sequel doesnt really live up to the expectations i had. but then i only spent £15 pounds on it so it wasnt that bad.
Posted:
Mon May 09, 2005 2:36 am
quote : #25
Type: PAL
i heard sumwhere that it had terible controlls is that true?
unknown
Posted:
Mon May 09, 2005 2:40 am
quote : #26
well if it were true non of us would be giving it soo much credit. it has the best control system ever, i love how jack moves, and crouches and clings to walls and can shoot round corners and go back behind them, its superb. the second one really isnt as good. the buttons are different, no where near the perfection of the first game.
Posted:
Mon May 09, 2005 2:48 am
quote : #27
Type: PAL
that sounds cool, i might get it then.
rank 41
Posted:
Mon May 09, 2005 6:36 am
quote : #28
does it control better than resident evil because i just couldn't get into that control scheme no matter how hard i tried.
unknown
Posted:
Mon May 09, 2005 7:29 am
quote : #29
yes mate, miles better. you hold a button to make him walk with whatever weapon he is carrying and you can let go if it to make him run, you when you hold the fire button you can cycle thru the targets he can lock onto. say 2 guys are coming at you and one is closer than the other you can cycle between them and shoot the one you want, if he dies then it will go to the next one imediately. the controls are stellar imo. which is why i was so disapointed with the sequel. the controls arent anywhere near as good.
Posted:
Mon May 09, 2005 8:19 am
quote : #30
how was the ps2 version of the original?