Topic: Headhunter is awesome!

Page 3 of 4
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon May 09, 2005 8:38 am
quote : #31
profile : pm
dont know, the graphics werent as good and im sure the controls will have suffered but i never played it personally just saw screen shots.
Posted:
Mon May 09, 2005 2:19 pm
quote : #32
Type: NTSC-U/C
The PS2 version is a great find if you don't want to import the DC version. That's the version I played and enjoyed the game for.

There really isn't a noticable different in the graphics and controls from my initial reaction of the Dreamcast version.

-Mytho

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Tue May 10, 2005 10:07 am
quote : #33
Thx for that advice. Im sure we are talking about the same situation. I give it a new try.
Posted:
Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:07 pm
quote : #34
Yay! I bought it! I went to Multimedia 1.0 in NYC and they had Guilty Gear X and Headhunter but Guilty Gear was a little steep at 40 bucks (considering you can get it for 15 - 20 bucks online) but Headhunter was about right at 30 (I would have saved about 5 bucks if I used the net but w/e), so I got that, an S-Video cable (finally Mr. Green ) and a boot disc. I won't be able to play test it until I get back to my home, but I'll have 5 days with it there and I'll be sure to tell you what I think of it!
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:54 am
quote : #35
Type: NTSC-U/C
Awesome! Definitely a good price. It's about that price if not more when you have to import it. Well worth it. You'll thoroughly enjoy it.

- Dreamcast ™

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:06 pm
quote : #36
Hehe, the news briefs are amusing, but jeez those live actors are annoying. I know that the game is supposed to be kinda dark humor occasionally, but this is overacting isn't even very funny. I think the newscasts could be pulled off better if they were extremely serious, without the slightest hint of irony or over-smiling that these guys do. That said, that is the only part I don't like about the game, besides the fact that I'm still slightly clumsy with the controls. Currently, I'm breaking down the level in the AMCO complex, trying to get to the 4th floor so I can beat the crap out of Greywolf. I got as far as fighting his "lieutenant" and then died. I wish this game has in game saves, especially because it reminds me so much of Max Payne. I don't really see the comparisons made with Metal Gear Solid, other than LEILA, and think it more of Max Payne with some of the elements from Splinter Cell. In fact, I think it looks exactly like a split between these two games as well. Regardless I'm having fun, and replayed the level at the gas station trying new tactics on enemies. Still haven't been "hooked" by this game, but hopefully the lingering plot will pick up once I bust a cap. Cool <Jack Wade Smiley
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:34 am
quote : #37
oh man your lucky i have been wanting that game for ages . It ever goes so expensive here in ebay uk makes me want to kick myself for seeing ti much cheaper brand new at the shop 2 or 3 years ago . Glad you having fun with it and hopefully someday so will I too

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:21 am
quote : #38
yeah this game is the nads. the news reports are supposed to be sarcastic and humourous mate. it just requires some practice but all the dreamcast fans out there love this game to bits, its just such top quality. maybe your the only one out there who hasnt been hooked by it yet, still i guess we can just wait and see.
Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:26 am
quote : #39
I guess the humour isn't to everyone's taste. It isa real piss take all the way through. Even the names and characters are tongue-in-cheek, which I find refreshing in a video game of this genre. I mean Angela Stern... Jack Wade. Come off it!

I loved the story from start to finish... I say to the finish but the last 10% of the game does go a bit 'Resident Evil' on you Rolling Eyes .

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:09 am
quote : #40
Le Spank wrote:
I mean Angela Stern... Jack Wade.

lol just got that. Reminds me of Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Robin of Locksley, and that chick from Bagel. Laughing Anyway, after beating Greywolf and getting my B license, this game is growing on me. It's soundtrack is infectious, and really gives it a Bond-esque movie feel. I've just entered the mall, and then gave my DC a rest. Don't want to overheat that baby lol. Those news briefs, while I still think the actings a little lame, is a really cool idea and I think it could've been pulled off better with 3D models. Like the way I feel about MSR's radio function, the actual stuff (for MSR music, for HH acting) isn't that great but the idea is really novel. The controls are growing on me and I like the way you're given opportunities to come at different situations in different ways. For example in the parking lot I saw a man with his back turned to me. The first time thru I blew up the car near him and quickly got taken out by his buddies. After that, I just took him and all his friends out with the tranquilizer gun, and then ran up to the second floor before they could wake up! This game screams style, just like the other game I've been putting hours into recently: Jet Grind Radio. And BTW, both look smoking on the s-video connection. Mr. Green
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:37 pm
quote : #41
well the acting was supposed to be cheesy i think mate, all part of the joke. still glad you like it.
Posted:
Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:49 am
quote : #42
All right bargain-hunters, I got this game cheap as chips! £5 second-hand at my local gamestation! Bargain alert! Nee naw, nee naw! Very Happy This game rocks!, your right about the bugs though, once I was playing on the big ship, I went into a room, then when I went out again the camera did not move dammit! Evil or Very Mad So I was walking around a big cargo ship filled with evil nutters with big shotguns and I couldn't seewhere I was going! Mr. Green
Posted:
Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:58 am
quote : #43
its not a bug, as in something fundamentally wrong with the game, its just the way they made the cameras. pso has an annoying camera as well, so do most games i play, headhunters camera can be centered by the player can it not? glad you found it cheap mate, i got it full price back on release date!
Posted:
Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:22 am
quote : #44
I'm sure it's a bug, you know when you enter a room, the camera changes to a movie/resi camera angle, and when you exit the room the camera returns to normal, well when I went out of the room Jack was still moving around but the camera stayed in the same place, and it didn't do it when I tried it again.
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:31 am
quote : #45
By entering gun mode you change the camera, do you not?